BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

06-06-2014, 12:34 AM   #67
regular guy
Banned
Rep

Drives: Sprint car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehighM3 View Post
Apparently you missed the irony here, so I quoted it for you. Although redundancy doesn't seem to matter when one attempts to make you realize when you're wrong. That's been clearly demonstrated by Swamp here in this thread.
I was serious when I said I didn't read what he said. So if he did (prove me wrong), I'll just have to take your word for it. It's not the first time I've been wrong and certainly won't be the last.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 07:15 PM   #68
V1.47fan
Powered by Bacon
United_States
Rep

Drives: Bay M Vee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehighM3 View Post
Apparently you missed the irony here, so I quoted it for you. Although redundancy doesn't seem to matter when one attempts to make you realize when you're wrong. That's been clearly demonstrated by Swamp here in this thread.
Attached Images

06-09-2014, 07:22 PM   #69
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
No, you are not a superhero. You are so full of yourself that the "you know what" is just oozing out. Try arrogant, argumentative, pedantic and insufferable if you want some adjectives for a self-description.
Seems pretty clear someone is still sore from losing a prior debate. Could it be the very old final drive modification makes a car significantly faster debate? Funny thing about that one is that your big hero here regular_guy agrees with me fully on that.

So I pass some adjectives right back at you, it wrong, incorrect, rife with misunderstanding, inflexible and incapable of learning and admitting wrong beliefs. I'll happily take your adjectives infinitely before these.

Lucky for me I really give a rats ass about your opinion. I'm happy to have the mountain of thanks both publicly and privately for my myriad contributions here to this forum.

Last edited by swamp2; 06-09-2014 at 07:31 PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 07:29 PM   #70
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by regular guy View Post
I was serious when I said I didn't read what he said. So if he did (prove me wrong)
Quote:
Originally Posted by regular guy View Post
I see you're still claiming to be smarter than a dictionary. I didn't bother to read anything else except the last few lines.
CONTRADICTION and proof right here by your own words. My post opened with further semantic discussion and you clearly couldn't open with the dictionary comment had you not read the beginning AND end of my post. That should have been abundantly clear in the past. It's really quite amazing how contradictory you can be. Keep on digging...
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 09:53 AM   #71
s85e90
Colonel
Rep

Drives: black e90

You guys need to grow up. I know you're both grown men, but you act very child like when it comes to internet arguing. Who wins the internet award for today ?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 04:22 PM   #72
Yellow Snow
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: 335d Coupe. Stock no more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s85e90 View Post
You guys need to grow up. I know you're both grown men, but you act very child like when it comes to internet arguing. Who wins the internet award for today ?
Fair comment but where do you think the bearing wicki thread would have ended up if people only listened to those insisting we all strip our engines and get our cranks ground?

Swamp and a few others spotted the bias and kept the hysteria down. Nothing wrong with that.

Top man
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 11:34 PM   #73
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Snow View Post
Fair comment but where do you think the bearing wicki thread would have ended up if people only listened to those insisting we all strip our engines and get our cranks ground?
Sorry for digging up this old thread, but, I had to respond to this as it was partially directed at me.

None of us told anyone to strip their engines and have cranks ground, many of us stated that that would be the only way to get proper clearance across the board on all rods without different sized bearings to dial clearances in. Many other suggestions were offered to band-aid the issue like a lighter oil, WPC bearings due to their slightly increased clearances. One of us is even working on having proper sized bearings made by clevite!

Last edited by BMRLVR; 08-29-2014 at 11:40 PM.
Appreciate 0