BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Watches

ESS Tuning

06-01-2014, 12:49 PM   #23
K19BMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2008 335xi sedan

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM330i View Post
Did you ever get your Omega?
I have still been looking but it will be a probably 4-5 months before i get one.

I just spent a couple thousand dollars putting in wood floors in my condo so between that and the $2000 I spent having my dads watched fixed i felt i spent enough money for the time being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious21 View Post
This is more than $5k, so it's just eye candy but they also announced the companion piece to the "Dark Side of the Moon", named "Lunar Dust". I like both of those watches.

http://www.fratellowatches.com/speed...-caliber-9300/

Those are stunning! Probably out of my price range though.

Alpina B3 Flash, JB4 G5, BMS DCI, BMS OCC, VRSF DP, VRSF 7" FMIC, 30% tint, matte black kidney grills, paint matched m3 spoiler, paint matched front splitter, black finishing rods, BMW OEM Blacklines, Cyba air scoops, more to come.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 05:53 PM   #24
bing240sx
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: E90 M3 Sedan

those are great pieces...

i just bought a two tone 18k speedy this morning and don't understand how Omega can put $6.5k - $9.5k versions of the speedmaster out there against other versions of the same watch that are only slightly different and yet cost almost half as much.

then you have the used market where the prices are often half MSRP anyways.

imho that speedy above should have been a new class of watch that competes more directly with the Rolex Daytona... they could charge more for it, not that it isnt expensive enough already.
      06-26-2014, 06:00 PM   #25
BEM-S4
Major
Rep

Drives: M235i

Any watch you reach the law of diminishing returns $-wise. VERY few of us actually use all the functionally, would notice if a movement is slightly better than others, etc. I am wearing an Aquatimer right now and have literally never used the chrono. I'm about to pull the trigger on a Ploprof and the deepest water it's likely to ever see is 10'. That said buy what you like and what you can afford. Don't get all caught up on the "gotta have the latest model because it's better" bullshit because honestly most people are better off with last year's model and the extra $ in the bank.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 11:03 PM   #26
bing240sx
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: E90 M3 Sedan

gotta use the chrono setting for timing steaks on the BBQ or in the pan...
      06-27-2014, 11:35 PM   #27
tony20009
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
Any watch you reach the law of diminishing returns $-wise. VERY few of us actually use all the functionally, would notice if a movement is slightly better than others, etc. I am wearing an Aquatimer right now and have literally never used the chrono. I'm about to pull the trigger on a Ploprof and the deepest water it's likely to ever see is 10'. That said buy what you like and what you can afford. Don't get all caught up on the "gotta have the latest model because it's better" bullshit because honestly most people are better off with last year's model and the extra $ in the bank.
+100

Truth be told, there's not one practical reason to spend more than a couple hundred bucks on a watch. Buying the fancy and high-priced watches that are out there is strictly an indulgence. Some folks may choose to pamper themselves with one, but that's no different than folks buying pricey cars or expensive clothes or anything else. As I've long said, the primary reason people buy high-end things is because they can, not because they need to.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 11:46 PM   #28
tlp
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: '11 e92 M3 SG/FR

Garage List
2011 BMW e92 M3  [4.55]
The latest 44m CAL9300 speedy's are sweet. I just picked up a titanium blue face Planet Ocean the other day. Omega is making some nice pieces these days.
      06-27-2014, 11:54 PM   #29
tlp
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW e92 M3  [4.55]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
+100

Truth be told, there's not one practical reason to spend more than a couple hundred bucks on a watch. Buying the fancy and high-priced watches that are out there is strictly an indulgence. Some folks may choose to pamper themselves with one, but that's no different than folks buying pricey cars or expensive clothes or anything else. As I've long said, the primary reason people buy high-end things is because they can, not because they need to.

All the best.
I typically buy used fully documented with box and papers. On average I hold a watch for 3 years. I have made money on the last 3 watches that I sold. The last watch I profited over 1k and got to use it for 4 years. Not a bad deal. I don't mind ponying up for a pricey watch as long as I can get out of it with a small loss or better yet a profit down the line
      06-27-2014, 11:59 PM   #30
tlp
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW e92 M3  [4.55]
Here you go fffeckers....

06-28-2014, 12:41 AM   #31
#Tee
Chronic trollololer level 60
Rep

Drives: yes

cant go wrong with the chrono speedy! i was in the market for one few years ago too.

#TeamStretchNpoke IG:Tee212

custom cf rear side diffuser add ons for sale (e9x,M3s,f3x) pm me for details. thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=962442
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 02:34 PM   #32
2+3=5
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Drives: M235i

I bought an Omega Speedmaster automatic chronograph Michael Schumacher model 3520.53 triple date when they first came out as I wanted an automotive themed watch...
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2014, 05:11 AM   #33
||||||||||
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW M3 ZCP

Old thread, but I will add to this that I picked up a 3570.50 Speedmaster Pro a little over 6 months ago.

I knew I wanted the traditional "Moon Watch", but was honestly torn between the official "Certified by NASA" hesalite crystal 3570.50, or the one with sapphire front and clear caseback. I went back and forth, because I really liked the look of the clear caseback and the idea of a scratch resistant sapphire crystal sounded better to me, but I wanted to stay traditional and get the actual "Certified by NASA" model, just so I knew I was wearing THE watch that was flown into space and worn on the moon in the Apollo missions.

I ended up not being able to decide, and based my buy on what watch had the best deal at the time, and ended up with the 3570.50. I wear it maybe twice a week (I rotate between 3 other watches) and all in all I am very pleased. It is probably my favorite to wear (other choices are a Citizen Eco Drive, Bulova Precisionist, and a Rolex Expy II) but the crystal is mildy scratched up after 6 or so months. I don't want to say I wear my watches rough, but I definitely don't baby them either. They do occasionally get banged up. The scratches are mild, and you have to look into the watch under the light at an angle to really see them. They will buff out I am sure, so not a huge deal, just wanted to add that scratching can and WILL happen with the hesalite crystal. Is it worth it? Absolutely. If you haven't already, get the traditional Moon Watch. You wont regret it

If you are interested I will recommend a seller from Japan that I got mine from. He sells the 3570.50, with inner and outer boxes, manual and card holder for just under $2400 shipped all day. Great seller, fast shipping, and he is legit. Let me know if need the info.
Appreciate 0