BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-21-2014, 06:10 PM   #45
Pat@sonictuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
158


 
Pat@sonictuning's Avatar
 
Drives: Porsche Cayman S
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NOVA


Posts: 4,156
iTrader: (122)

Few more pictures of E92 with the AP 370 Kit with Apex EC7 Wheels.
Perfect combo with Renn MS GT4 lip which helps to get more air from brake ducts.

Photo Credit. Olynth



Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 11:27 AM   #46
Amirsm3
Major
15

 
Amirsm3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Williams/Flagstaff, AZ


Posts: 1,438
iTrader: (2)

Secks
__________________
2011 e90 M3 Space Grey DCT- black eAs gills/grilles, eAs H8 LED Corona bulbs, BMW carbon fiber mirror caps, Agency Power CF elbow, MS 12f/12r spacers, Alex@AlpineMSS DCT Flash, iND reflectors, Milltek slip-on
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 10:36 PM   #47
Pat@sonictuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
158


 
Pat@sonictuning's Avatar
 
Drives: Porsche Cayman S
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NOVA


Posts: 4,156
iTrader: (122)

Last few days to get the extra discount for March.

Dont miss this chance for one of the best brake kits on the market for an amazing price!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 12:27 AM   #48
M3ANMACHINE
Hella Functional
United_States
43

 
M3ANMACHINE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mission Viejo, CA


Posts: 1,745
iTrader: (6)

Whats the best price on the 370 kit shipped to 92692?
I misplaced the previous quote you gave me
__________________

--- E90 ///M3 - AW - 6MT - APEX - Bimmerworld - Dinan - Eisenmann - Evolve - IND - KW - Mode Carbon - PFC - TMS ---

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 11:07 PM   #49
jose_sonictuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
108


 
jose_sonictuning's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland


Posts: 2,194
iTrader: (16)

AP Bump!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2014, 12:51 PM   #50
RCKehrer
New Member
3

 
Drives: E92 Frozen Silver
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 27
iTrader: (0)

Curious about the differences between this setup:

370 6 piston in the front and 380 4 piston in the rear

VS.

Brembo 380 6 piston in the front and 365 4 piston in the rear
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2014, 07:56 AM   #51
tintboy
Second Lieutenant
14

 
tintboy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ


Posts: 215
iTrader: (3)

Could you please PM me a price for 370 kit. Thank you
__________________
Present~2011 E92M3 Comp Space Grey/Speed Cloth/Gintani supercharged Stage wouldn't you like to know..
Gone~Z4m Coupe

Last edited by tintboy; 04-11-2014 at 08:06 AM.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2014, 02:58 PM   #52
Pat@sonictuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
158


 
Pat@sonictuning's Avatar
 
Drives: Porsche Cayman S
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NOVA


Posts: 4,156
iTrader: (122)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCKehrer View Post
Curious about the differences between this setup:

370 6 piston in the front and 380 4 piston in the rear

VS.

Brembo 380 6 piston in the front and 365 4 piston in the rear
Working on an answer for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintboy View Post
Could you please PM me a price for 370 kit. Thank you
PM sent.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 03:12 AM   #53
Hershey
CLU KINGSMEN
12

 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Green Valley, CA


Posts: 511
iTrader: (3)

Interested in the kit....What's the biggest size I can go with my current wheel setup...HRE P43's 19x9.5 fronts and 19x10.5 rears with +25 offsets all around?

I Pm'd expressing interest and asked about the brake kit fitment with my wheel setup but whomever I exchanged PM's with could not give me a 100% definite answer.
__________________
E46 M3 vert CB | Cinnamon | SMG

E92 JB | Bamboo | 6MT |
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 12:21 AM   #54
jose_sonictuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
108


 
jose_sonictuning's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland


Posts: 2,194
iTrader: (16)

PMs replied
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 05:04 AM   #55
GTB/ZR-1
Lieutenant
7

 
GTB/ZR-1's Avatar
 
Drives: Pending...
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Central, FL


Posts: 439
iTrader: (11)

Pricing, pls? Thx
__________________
* '11.75 E90/DCT LMB--GOT ONE!
* '06 Mitsu Evo MR SCCA/HPDE Weapon
* '09 Nissan GT-R (Gone)
* '90 ZR-1 (Fast)
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2014, 07:22 AM   #56
j.lecram
New Member
1

 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: San Francisco


Posts: 19
iTrader: (0)

Could you please PM me the price on your 370/360 kit?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2014, 11:39 PM   #57
modkrazy
Captain
11

 
modkrazy's Avatar
 
Drives: m3
Join Date: May 2014
Location: tx


Posts: 846
iTrader: (0)

Neat design. Price?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2014, 05:28 AM   #58
bryan292009
Private First Class
United_States
5

 
bryan292009's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 W/ ZCP, ZPP, ZCW
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sparta, WI


Posts: 145
iTrader: (0)

Price for 370F & 360R?
__________________
E90 M3 W/ UUC SSK, EVO Sport Underdrive Pully, Turner Motorsport Test Pipes, UUC Cat-back exhaust, Matte Black Gills & Grills, Hamann pedals, Floor Mats, E-Brake Handle, Shift Knob, and Roundels F/R, Mucicar NW stage 1 with JBL MS-8
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2014, 12:08 PM   #59
Pat@sonictuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
158


 
Pat@sonictuning's Avatar
 
Drives: Porsche Cayman S
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NOVA


Posts: 4,156
iTrader: (122)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.lecram View Post
Could you please PM me the price on your 370/360 kit?
PM sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by modkrazy View Post
Neat design. Price?
PM sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan292009 View Post
Price for 370F & 360R?
Unfortunately they do not make a 360r anymore for the E9x M3. You would be looking at a 370/380 or 390/380.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2014, 12:32 PM   #60
GTB/ZR-1
Lieutenant
7

 
GTB/ZR-1's Avatar
 
Drives: Pending...
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Central, FL


Posts: 439
iTrader: (11)

Any figures on weight savings over stock?
__________________
* '11.75 E90/DCT LMB--GOT ONE!
* '06 Mitsu Evo MR SCCA/HPDE Weapon
* '09 Nissan GT-R (Gone)
* '90 ZR-1 (Fast)
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2014, 08:13 PM   #61
Pat@sonictuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
158


 
Pat@sonictuning's Avatar
 
Drives: Porsche Cayman S
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NOVA


Posts: 4,156
iTrader: (122)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB/ZR-1 View Post
Any figures on weight savings over stock?
These brakes are a tad big heavier then the stock ones, but out perform the stock brakes immensely.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 10:23 AM   #62
jose_sonictuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
108


 
jose_sonictuning's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland


Posts: 2,194
iTrader: (16)

AP Bump!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2014, 08:43 PM   #63
Wizegi///M3
Freezing in Florida
1

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Miramar Beach


Posts: 76
iTrader: (0)

How do these compare to the Essex AP setup? Essex is lighter than stock and from all accounts out perform may other BBK setups.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2014, 10:26 PM   #64
dogbone
Second Lieutenant
5

 
dogbone's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 E90 M3 - IB
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 93 million miles from the Sun


Posts: 276
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizegi///M3 View Post
How do these compare to the Essex AP setup? Essex is lighter than stock and from all accounts out perform may other BBK setups.
The Radi-CAL is the newest latest technology from AP available to the public. The Essex kit is tried-and-true race proven established technology.

The Essex kit is meant to have lower-cost consumables. The Radi-CAL has massive calipers, massive rotors, MASSIVE brake pads. I believe the Radi-CAL pad is ~40% larger than the older Stillen AP kit's (CP5555) pad, which I believe is a bit larger than the Essex kit (since the CP5555 rotor is 368mm and the Essex kit is 355mm). Nothing about Radi-CAL will be cheap to replace.

Radi-CAL also does not fit on some 18" rims such as Apex ARC-8. Essex kit will easily fit all 18" without issue.

Essex kit is probably a bit more convenient on pad changes because there's only hex-driven bridge bolts to deal with. The Radi-CAL caliper has two bridge bolts and two pins that have to be hammered out. And then hammered back in from the back side.

The Radi-CAL system with it's massive calipers, pads and rotors is designed to absorb and dissipate MASSIVE amounts of heat. But is it necessary on an M3? The Essex kit and the older Stillen kit (which I have) have absolutely NO trouble stopping an M3 lap after lap with no fade at all. They're not tomorrow's tech, but they are EXTREMELY reliable. At some point, you need to consider that having so much stopping power is gonna lock the wheel and activate the ABS. You can do that already with a high-torque pad in my AP kit as it is.

Also, I'm going to guess that the Radi-CAL pad shape is not very common yet. The Essex and Stillen kits have many many many pad choices.

I have 70 track days on my [older Stillen] AP kit and I've never had a hint of trouble from them---no fade, no failures, no warpings, etc. Finally, after 2 years I replaced the inner seals on my front calipers because there was a small bit of brake fluid seeping. But that's just normal wear from so much tracking.

So, if you want to track a ton and keep costs of consumables down, then the Essex kit is for you. If you want the latest greatest bling tech, then the Radi-CAL is the way to go. (I can personally vouch for the Stillen older AP CP5555 kit. Works great. I do the work myself to replace my rotors when they get worn. New AP strap drive rotors are a beautiful work of art. )
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2014, 06:07 AM   #65
Pat@sonictuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
158


 
Pat@sonictuning's Avatar
 
Drives: Porsche Cayman S
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NOVA


Posts: 4,156
iTrader: (122)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbone View Post
The Radi-CAL is the newest latest technology from AP available to the public. The Essex kit is tried-and-true race proven established technology.

The Essex kit is meant to have lower-cost consumables. The Radi-CAL has massive calipers, massive rotors, MASSIVE brake pads. I believe the Radi-CAL pad is ~40% larger than the older Stillen AP kit's (CP5555) pad, which I believe is a bit larger than the Essex kit (since the CP5555 rotor is 368mm and the Essex kit is 355mm). Nothing about Radi-CAL will be cheap to replace.

Radi-CAL also does not fit on some 18" rims such as Apex ARC-8. Essex kit will easily fit all 18" without issue.

Essex kit is probably a bit more convenient on pad changes because there's only hex-driven bridge bolts to deal with. The Radi-CAL caliper has two bridge bolts and two pins that have to be hammered out. And then hammered back in from the back side.

The Radi-CAL system with it's massive calipers, pads and rotors is designed to absorb and dissipate MASSIVE amounts of heat. But is it necessary on an M3? The Essex kit and the older Stillen kit (which I have) have absolutely NO trouble stopping an M3 lap after lap with no fade at all. They're not tomorrow's tech, but they are EXTREMELY reliable. At some point, you need to consider that having so much stopping power is gonna lock the wheel and activate the ABS. You can do that already with a high-torque pad in my AP kit as it is.

Also, I'm going to guess that the Radi-CAL pad shape is not very common yet. The Essex and Stillen kits have many many many pad choices.

I have 70 track days on my [older Stillen] AP kit and I've never had a hint of trouble from them---no fade, no failures, no warpings, etc. Finally, after 2 years I replaced the inner seals on my front calipers because there was a small bit of brake fluid seeping. But that's just normal wear from so much tracking.

So, if you want to track a ton and keep costs of consumables down, then the Essex kit is for you. If you want the latest greatest bling tech, then the Radi-CAL is the way to go. (I can personally vouch for the Stillen older AP CP5555 kit. Works great. I do the work myself to replace my rotors when they get worn. New AP strap drive rotors are a beautiful work of art. )

Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 09:01 AM   #66
jose_sonictuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
108


 
jose_sonictuning's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland


Posts: 2,194
iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbone View Post
The Radi-CAL is the newest latest technology from AP available to the public. The Essex kit is tried-and-true race proven established technology.

The Essex kit is meant to have lower-cost consumables. The Radi-CAL has massive calipers, massive rotors, MASSIVE brake pads. I believe the Radi-CAL pad is ~40% larger than the older Stillen AP kit's (CP5555) pad, which I believe is a bit larger than the Essex kit (since the CP5555 rotor is 368mm and the Essex kit is 355mm). Nothing about Radi-CAL will be cheap to replace.

Radi-CAL also does not fit on some 18" rims such as Apex ARC-8. Essex kit will easily fit all 18" without issue.

Essex kit is probably a bit more convenient on pad changes because there's only hex-driven bridge bolts to deal with. The Radi-CAL caliper has two bridge bolts and two pins that have to be hammered out. And then hammered back in from the back side.

The Radi-CAL system with it's massive calipers, pads and rotors is designed to absorb and dissipate MASSIVE amounts of heat. But is it necessary on an M3? The Essex kit and the older Stillen kit (which I have) have absolutely NO trouble stopping an M3 lap after lap with no fade at all. They're not tomorrow's tech, but they are EXTREMELY reliable. At some point, you need to consider that having so much stopping power is gonna lock the wheel and activate the ABS. You can do that already with a high-torque pad in my AP kit as it is.

Also, I'm going to guess that the Radi-CAL pad shape is not very common yet. The Essex and Stillen kits have many many many pad choices.

I have 70 track days on my [older Stillen] AP kit and I've never had a hint of trouble from them---no fade, no failures, no warpings, etc. Finally, after 2 years I replaced the inner seals on my front calipers because there was a small bit of brake fluid seeping. But that's just normal wear from so much tracking.

So, if you want to track a ton and keep costs of consumables down, then the Essex kit is for you. If you want the latest greatest bling tech, then the Radi-CAL is the way to go. (I can personally vouch for the Stillen older AP CP5555 kit. Works great. I do the work myself to replace my rotors when they get worn. New AP strap drive rotors are a beautiful work of art. )

Great write up.

Some additional info, the J hook rotor setup is a standard feature of the Radi-Cal system.
With some of our current promo, the Radi-cal system is more affordable than the Classic kits.
Also, you will have brake pad options from Hawk, Pagid and Ferodo.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
ap bbk racing, ap big brake kit., ap racing

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST