BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

05-20-2014, 09:07 AM   #1
Merlin_83
Merlin

Drives: 2012 BMW M3 w/ZCP 6MT

Question Uncertain if I am getting use of all items ? Please help

Greetings,

I have a 2012 MW BMW M3 6MT w/ ZCP - and I am uncertain if I am utilizing all of the electronic goodies. I use my iPhone 5S with the external devices option, and use Pandora through the iPhone with connected drive option, but what about Satellite radio ? or should I be doing/using other options available that I need to 'turn-on' i.e. pay for a subscription for ? Like live traffic or other items I do have Navigation with the car. But looking over option codes with what the car came with I feel I am missing out.

I have bolded and colorized the options that I am curious to know if I need to pay for i.e. renew subscription or have the dealer turn them on. I purchased the car from Seattle BMW 11/3/2013 with just under 10,000 miles on it - it was my very first BMW...and an M3 !!!! - I love the car ! Just want to make sure I am utilizing all of the options that it came with. So I need a electronic 'guru' to assist me here

Here are the codes:
A96 - mineral white paint
NCH2 - Fox Red Novillo Leather
ZCP - Competition Package
223 - Dynamic Damper Control
7MA - Competition Package (another code for ZCP?)
Z59 - 19" Light Alloy Wheels
ZCW - Cold Weather Package
464 - Ski Bag
494 - Heated Front seats
502 - Retractable headlight washers
ZPP - Premium Package
313 - Power Folding auto dimming mirrors
319 - Universal garage door opener
322 - Comfort Access keyless entry
415 - Power rear sunshade
459 - Power front seats with driver memory
4NA - Interior mirror with compass
507 - Park Distance Control (rear only)
609 - Navigation system
615 - Online Information Services
620 - Voice-command
6UH - Real Time Traffic Information
428 - Warning Triangle
4MY - Carbon Leather interior trim
616 - Online Platform
6AA - BMW TeleServices
6AB - TeleService Control
6NF - Smartphone Intergration
6NR - BMW Apps
6VC - Combox controller

Thank You,
Merlin

2012 BMW M3|ZCP|6MT|Navi|Cold Weather Package|Premium Package|

Last edited by Merlin_83; 05-20-2014 at 09:12 AM. Reason: update post
Merlin_83 is offline   United_States
      05-21-2014, 01:46 AM   #2
Johndong888
John

Drives: '12 AW/FR M3 & '14 F15 X5

Send a message via Skype™ to Johndong888
Gratz on the m3. Enjoy it in good health! First thing you should do is hit the emergency SOS button to make sure it works and make sure to tell them to update the registration information to your info. And ask for a BMW assist account so you can use the BMW Remote app (this app is most useful for sending POIs to your car beforehand or even when you don't feel like searching for the destination). THIS step is related to the Teleservice options you listed.

Online Platform and Google does not work in the US. You can make it work but it disables the Teleservice options above for SOS and remote app. I would probably do this after my BMW assist plan expires after 4 years if I still have the car.

well you have a few bmw apps you can use if you have an iphone. BMW Apps, BMW Remote, TuneIn Radio, Pandora, Laptimer, Glympse, Twitter, Facebook,AUPEO, Stitcher, Amazon Cloud Player, the book reader app (whats it called?)

Real Time Traffic is integrated into Navi so nothing to do there. YOu can view traffic info from the navi screen or when you're routing it.

Smartphone integration is for the big dock you have in your armrest. You need an iphone cradle. For iphone 5, don't do it because it doesn't provide anything more than what the OEM cable can do for you. I keep a spare iphone 4 in the console because I use Plugin for Chinese music and movie output.

You can get a little more out of your car by finding a local coder for cool stuff such as unlock doors when you turn off the car, mirror fold using remote fob or door handle, video in motion, etc.

Current - 2012 AW/FR E92 M3 - DCT w EDC, ZPP w Tech, Apps, Enhanced Sound, SAT.
Mods - Piano Black, Euro Visors, OEM Performance CF Spoiler + Grills + Pedals, IND Gloss Blk Pkg, Lux V3, ModeCarbon GTS V1 Lip, 19" HRE P40
Sold - 2008 BSM/Black E92 335i - Step, Premium, Sports, Logic7, Comfort, Navi, SAT, Alum.
Johndong888 is offline   United_States
      05-21-2014, 09:29 AM   #3
Merlin_83
Merlin

Drives: 2012 BMW M3 w/ZCP 6MT

Smile Thank You

Thanks for the info - and your car looks great, any pics of it anywhere else ? I would love to see the piano black interior, did you order that with the car ? I do love my carbon fiber - but piano black is also really, really nice

Cheers,
Merlin

2012 BMW M3|ZCP|6MT|Navi|Cold Weather Package|Premium Package|
Merlin_83 is offline   United_States