BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

BPM Sport

05-08-2014, 12:20 PM   #45
firstkill
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
Low mileage? check
50k warranty left? check
Most likely able to fit OP's monthly price point? check
...and most importantly....V10 and 6MT? check and check

I'd look into this.
seems like a good deal, milage is good, hopefully its a good condition car.
too bad its not a cpo warrenty.

fk
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 02:22 PM   #46
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2011 M3

I agree with what several people here have pointed out....cars like this are play toys. If you can't afford to by them outright, you shouldn't be buying them. This doesn't mean that you shouldn't lease or finance, since money is so cheap right now and you could do better to invest the cash, however, you shouldn't need to finance it.

Beyond this, these types of purchases are highly emotional and as such there is little logic and reason as to why you should pick one over the other. I prefer the Vantage. It is simply stunning from every angle both inside and out, sounds incredible, has enough useable performance, and can be had with a manual gearbox. The last point is big for me. Now that I have owned both a dual clutch and proper manual, as a playtoy, there is just no comparision for me. The manual is far more fun.

Last edited by LarThaL; 05-08-2014 at 04:16 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 03:11 PM   #47
MrPrena
Civilian
United_States
Rep

Drives: 99' Avalon, M3, and Other.

Some of you guys are amazing to afford $1500+/mo payment on vehicles.
Every time, I go to dealership, sales people gets confused that I can afford to buy it cash, but not 400/mo payment.

When I got the M3, I decide to just finance about 15k. The rate was cheap, and I needed to get the credit score up. My score is darn low, because I only have 1 credit card limit of 1700ish.

Going back to upgrade, I would buy a supercar which has manuf requires low maintenance. (maybe I am dreaming)
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 04:19 PM   #48
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
Some of you guys are amazing to afford $1500+/mo payment on vehicles.
Every time, I go to dealership, sales people gets confused that I can afford to buy it cash, but not 400/mo payment.

When I got the M3, I decide to just finance about 15k. The rate was cheap, and I needed to get the credit score up. My score is darn low, because I only have 1 credit card limit of 1700ish.

Going back to upgrade, I would buy a supercar which has manuf requires low maintenance. (maybe I am dreaming)
I am not sure I understand what you are saying. My point is that with interest rates so low, you can finance, then invest the cash and make good money as opposed to paying cash for your car.

Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 06:00 PM   #49
MrPrena
Civilian
United_States
Rep

Drives: 99' Avalon, M3, and Other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
I am not sure I understand what you are saying. My point is that with interest rates so low, you can finance, then invest the cash and make good money as opposed to paying cash for your car.
What I was saying is that my cash flow is not steady. So, I can usually comfortable paying cash or finance a little.
I agree. If the rate of return is higher than rate of loan, it is good to get the vehicle or anything financed (as long as they can pay it off within x amount of time).
Appreciate 0