BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Evolve Automotive
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-24-2014, 10:38 AM   #1
05Mdriver
Lieutenant Colonel
05Mdriver's Avatar
41
Rep
1,785
Posts

Drives: 414hp Sedan
Join Date: May 2010
Location: pa

iTrader: (63)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
2005 BMW M3  [5.00]
It looks different.. but it feels the same.

Went from an E46 M3 to an e90 M3, then back to an E46 M3.

As many have done the same, and agreeing with the general consensus that the E46 is a bit more raw then the e9x, the feeling of driving an M car is simply 2nd to none.



__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 10:47 AM   #2
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
Sebringjetta's Avatar
United_States
63
Rep
3,507
Posts

Drives: E46m3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sacramento

iTrader: (38)

I would agree with you on the part of feeling more raw...i have owned a e30, 36, 46 and my now 92.....in my opinion the most raw and best out of all of them was the e30....if i could go back in time i would have never sold my e30 m3....i have been chasing ghosts ever since....one thing i dont like about the e46 is now how affordable it is...kids are now able to afford it making it less desirable for many reasons...not to say one day the e92 wont be more affordable but you should take a trip over to the m3forum.com....scary
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 11:13 AM   #3
miringrains
Banned
16
Rep
703
Posts

Drives: '11.5 M3 E93
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New York

iTrader: (2)

old body is old body
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 11:14 AM   #4
coloradoe92m3
Banned
9
Rep
496
Posts

Drives: m3
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: u.s

iTrader: (0)

With f80 put it just looks too old and is just too down on power to hang with the modern cars.dedicated stripped track car e46 would be cool
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 11:21 AM   #5
ss134
Brigadier General
ss134's Avatar
United Kingdom
93
Rep
3,898
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Germany/UK

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miringrains View Post
old body is old body
E9x is also an old body now and looks it when viewed next to the F8x M3 . Still great car though as is the E46. I actually prefer the E46 M3 body to the E9x M3.
__________________
2014 AW F80 M3 DCT
2011 AW E90 M3 DCT - Sold
2010 JZB E90 M3 DCT - Sold
2009 6MT E90 LCI 335i M -Sport - Sold
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 11:24 AM   #6
W///
Major General
W///'s Avatar
387
Rep
6,358
Posts

Drives: 08 E92 M3/99 E36 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebringjetta View Post
I would agree with you on the part of feeling more raw...i have owned a e30, 36, 46 and my now 92.....in my opinion the most raw and best out of all of them was the e30....if i could go back in time i would have never sold my e30 m3....i have been chasing ghosts ever since....one thing i dont like about the e46 is now how affordable it is...kids are now able to afford it making it less desirable for many reasons...not to say one day the e92 wont be more affordable but you should take a trip over to the m3forum.com....scary
A coworker of mine sold a black E30 M3 for $11k a few years back

I've been itching to add an E46 M3 a few years down the road as my E92 is almost done. In terms of looks, it's one of my favorite cars. I honestly just wish she wasn't such a maintenance hog.
__________________
Current: 2008 BMW M3 Sparkling Graphite/Bamboo Beige/6MT. 1999 BMW M3 Techno Violet/Dove/5MT. On the list: BMW M2 Long Beach Blue/Black/6MT
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 11:30 AM   #7
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
Sebringjetta's Avatar
United_States
63
Rep
3,507
Posts

Drives: E46m3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sacramento

iTrader: (38)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
A coworker of mine sold a black E30 M3 for $11k a few years back

I've been itching to add an E46 M3 a few years down the road as my E92 is almost done. In terms of looks, it's one of my favorite cars. I honestly just wish she wasn't such a maintenance hog.
i sold my e30 m3 for 10,500$..now look how much it would be worth i love the looks of the e92 with very simple mods probably more then the e46.... but i miss my e46 everyday...it was smaller, more nimble and RAW... but i also love the e36...if i could i would own one of each....

once my truck is paid off i think though i will pick up an lotus exige.... have always wanted one....
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 11:31 AM   #8
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
Sebringjetta's Avatar
United_States
63
Rep
3,507
Posts

Drives: E46m3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sacramento

iTrader: (38)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss134 View Post
E9x is also an old body now and looks it when viewed next to the F8x M3 . Still great car though as is the E46. I actually prefer the E46 M3 body to the E9x M3.
some say the 46 is timeless.....
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 11:32 AM   #9
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
Sebringjetta's Avatar
United_States
63
Rep
3,507
Posts

Drives: E46m3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sacramento

iTrader: (38)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoe92m3 View Post
With f80 put it just looks too old and is just too down on power to hang with the modern cars.dedicated stripped track car e46 would be cool
i personally dont like any of the new body bmws coming out....
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 11:33 AM   #10
s85e90
Brigadier General
86
Rep
3,450
Posts

Drives: black e90
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: everywhere

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebringjetta View Post
I would agree with you on the part of feeling more raw...i have owned a e30, 36, 46 and my now 92.....in my opinion the most raw and best out of all of them was the e30....if i could go back in time i would have never sold my e30 m3....i have been chasing ghosts ever since....one thing i dont like about the e46 is now how affordable it is...kids are now able to afford it making it less desirable for many reasons...not to say one day the e92 wont be more affordable but you should take a trip over to the m3forum.com....scary

unfortunately same thing will begin to happen here shortly......
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 11:34 AM   #11
W///
Major General
W///'s Avatar
387
Rep
6,358
Posts

Drives: 08 E92 M3/99 E36 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebringjetta View Post
i sold my e30 m3 for 10,500$..now look how much it would be worth i love the looks of the e92 with very simple mods probably more then the e46.... but i miss my e46 everyday...it was smaller, more nimble and RAW... but i also love the e36...if i could i would own one of each....

once my truck is paid off i think though i will pick up an lotus exige.... have always wanted one....
Oh wow, that hurts! Personally, I liek the E30 M3's, just not sure I $30k like them. That's just me. I did own a ho hum 325i vert at one point haha.

I've got a 4Runner and the E92 M3, and a Lotus Elise would fit my bill perfectly as the 3rd car. Or a Cayman. But they just cost a little too much for me. I'm human, not one of those that can drop $100k into an E9x M3 without blinking. Which brings me back to the E46 M3, which is more reasonable in terms of cost. I'd have to look for one where the subframe reinforcement was already done at a minimum. I'm not dealing with that crap.

But I change my mind about which car to add next every 3 hours One thing is for certain. E92 stays unless something happens to me financially.
__________________
Current: 2008 BMW M3 Sparkling Graphite/Bamboo Beige/6MT. 1999 BMW M3 Techno Violet/Dove/5MT. On the list: BMW M2 Long Beach Blue/Black/6MT
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 11:35 AM   #12
coloradoe92m3
Banned
9
Rep
496
Posts

Drives: m3
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: u.s

iTrader: (0)

2 generations older is big difference
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 11:35 AM   #13
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
Sebringjetta's Avatar
United_States
63
Rep
3,507
Posts

Drives: E46m3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sacramento

iTrader: (38)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s85e90 View Post
unfortunately same thing will begin to happen here shortly......
will be a sad day...all about wheel spacers and ebay exhaust and knock off wheels
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 11:38 AM   #14
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
Sebringjetta's Avatar
United_States
63
Rep
3,507
Posts

Drives: E46m3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sacramento

iTrader: (38)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Oh wow, that hurts! Personally, I liek the E30 M3's, just not sure I $30k like them. That's just me. I did own a ho hum 325i vert at one point haha.

I've got a 4Runner and the E92 M3, and a Lotus Elise would fit my bill perfectly as the 3rd car. Or a Cayman. But they just cost a little too much for me. I'm human, not one of those that can drop $100k into an E9x M3 without blinking. Which brings me back to the E46 M3, which is more reasonable in terms of cost. I'd have to look for one where the subframe reinforcement was already done at a minimum. I'm not dealing with that crap.

But I change my mind about which car to add next every 3 hours One thing is for certain. E92 stays unless something happens to me financially.
lmao i agree 100%...not sure if the e30 is worth that much coin to me.... i dump too much $ into any m3 i own so doesnt matter if its a e92 or e46... the 46 has subframe and vanos problems both suck but then again the e92 has the rod bearing issue i guess....
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 11:39 AM   #15
Amirsm3
Colonel
Amirsm3's Avatar
49
Rep
2,038
Posts

Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Williams/Flagstaff, AZ

iTrader: (2)

Nice rides. I wouldn't mind another E46 for nostalgia.
__________________
2011 e90 M3 Space Grey DCT ZCP- black eAs gills/grilles, eAs H8 LED Corona bulbs, BMW carbon fiber mirror caps, Agency Power CF elbow, MS 12f/12r spacers, Alex@AlpineMSS DCT Flash, iND reflectors, Milltek slip-on, F10 M5 front brakes, BMW Perf. steering wheel
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 11:50 AM   #16
s85e90
Brigadier General
86
Rep
3,450
Posts

Drives: black e90
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: everywhere

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebringjetta View Post
lmao i agree 100%...not sure if the e30 is worth that much coin to me.... i dump too much $ into any m3 i own so doesnt matter if its a e92 or e46... the 46 has subframe and vanos problems both suck but then again the e92 has the rod bearing issue i guess....
e46 had rod bearing issues. Much worse that they issued a recall. Wonder how those cars will fare with age, although I have been seeing alot w/ 150k plus running great.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 11:55 AM   #17
///mawana
First Lieutenant
///mawana's Avatar
Zimbabwe
5
Rep
378
Posts

Drives: e90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Little Elm, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s85e90 View Post
unfortunately same thing will begin to happen here shortly......
It's already happening!
[I know because I joined recently and most of the early adopters have moved on.]
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 12:00 PM   #18
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
Sebringjetta's Avatar
United_States
63
Rep
3,507
Posts

Drives: E46m3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sacramento

iTrader: (38)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s85e90 View Post
e46 had rod bearing issues. Much worse that they issued a recall. Wonder how those cars will fare with age, although I have been seeing alot w/ 150k plus running great.
i beat the hell out of mine on the track...o issues...hope the 92 holds up as well
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 12:00 PM   #19
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
Sebringjetta's Avatar
United_States
63
Rep
3,507
Posts

Drives: E46m3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sacramento

iTrader: (38)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///mawana View Post
It's already happening!
[I know because I joined recently and most of the early adopters have moved on.]
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 12:00 PM   #20
s85e90
Brigadier General
86
Rep
3,450
Posts

Drives: black e90
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: everywhere

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///mawana View Post
It's already happening!
[I know because I joined recently and most of the early adopters have moved on.]
then are you part of the problem... or solution???
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 12:02 PM   #21
swanson
Convicted Felon
swanson's Avatar
55
Rep
1,679
Posts

Drives: chariot
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebringjetta View Post
some say the 46 is timeless.....


The E46 3 series/M will always look great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebringjetta View Post
i personally dont like any of the new body bmws coming out....


BMW ruined their new cars. So ugly to me.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 12:04 PM   #22
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
Sebringjetta's Avatar
United_States
63
Rep
3,507
Posts

Drives: E46m3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sacramento

iTrader: (38)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanson View Post


The E46 3 series/M will always look great.





BMW ruined their new cars. So ugly to me.
agree on both...thank you im not alone
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:07 PM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST