BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-16-2014, 12:51 PM   #133
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: E82 1M
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Quaife, Stoptech, Vorshlag

Posts: 10,914
iTrader: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntmn View Post
with the Ohlins r&T when adjusting the front ride height we have to unbolt what screw? any pictures or a video showing how we are able to make the adjustment

replacing my kw sleeve for Ohlins soon just want to make sure.
Yes, you will have to release the clamping screw to make any height adjustments.
HP Autosport is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-16-2014, 01:15 PM   #134
tmntmn
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: e92 M3/M-DCT
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 1,892
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
Yes, you will have to release the clamping screw to make any height adjustments.
Thanks Harold!
__________________
THANKS TO:~<RPM>~ ~<SONICMS>~ ~<MODECARBON>~ ~<McKennaPerformance>~
MODS: MODECARBON V2 GTS FRONT LIP & REAR DIFFUSER, AA GREEN FILTER, RPI SCOOPS, PSW, Verstraβe Extended DCT Shifter, ZCP WHEELS (SEMI-GLOSS), OHLINS R&T, Megan Exhaust, ACM TP, BMW LED INTERIOR, BLACKOUT W/ORION V4 LED AE, OSRAM CBI
tmntmn is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-17-2014, 12:22 AM   #135
W Cole
Captain
 
Drives: 2009 M3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Newport Coast, CA

Posts: 703
iTrader: (4)

1. Before loosening anything mark the position of the strut in the steering hub/knuckle and the position of the adjuster. Since the strut is not indexed in the hub/knuckle it is important that you mark the strut position so you can align the sway bar tab correctly (I have never gotten a good answer from ohlins or anyone on the forums on how to do this... I just eyeballed it the first time and make sure to align with my marks when adjusting).
2. Loosen the pinch bolt (you may want to completely remove it as there is one "dead spot" when turning the adjuster and there's not a very good way to get around the brake hose holder with the spanner wrench).
3. Hold up the strut assembly from below with a hydraulic jack so the assembly sits straight on the strut and it's easy to turn the adjuster.
4. Adjust the ride height. I recommend doing in full term increments so you can make sure each side is even.
5. Torque the pinch bolt to spec!! Since the bolt is pinching the strut in the hub it can be really difficult to torque by feel.
W Cole is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-17-2014, 12:48 PM   #136
tmntmn
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: e92 M3/M-DCT
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 1,892
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W Cole View Post
1. Before loosening anything mark the position of the strut in the steering hub/knuckle and the position of the adjuster. Since the strut is not indexed in the hub/knuckle it is important that you mark the strut position so you can align the sway bar tab correctly (I have never gotten a good answer from ohlins or anyone on the forums on how to do this... I just eyeballed it the first time and make sure to align with my marks when adjusting).
2. Loosen the pinch bolt (you may want to completely remove it as there is one "dead spot" when turning the adjuster and there's not a very good way to get around the brake hose holder with the spanner wrench).
3. Hold up the strut assembly from below with a hydraulic jack so the assembly sits straight on the strut and it's easy to turn the adjuster.
4. Adjust the ride height. I recommend doing in full term increments so you can make sure each side is even.
5. Torque the pinch bolt to spec!! Since the bolt is pinching the strut in the hub it can be really difficult to torque by feel.
Thanks for the advise!

Do you know what the torque spec is?
__________________
THANKS TO:~<RPM>~ ~<SONICMS>~ ~<MODECARBON>~ ~<McKennaPerformance>~
MODS: MODECARBON V2 GTS FRONT LIP & REAR DIFFUSER, AA GREEN FILTER, RPI SCOOPS, PSW, Verstraβe Extended DCT Shifter, ZCP WHEELS (SEMI-GLOSS), OHLINS R&T, Megan Exhaust, ACM TP, BMW LED INTERIOR, BLACKOUT W/ORION V4 LED AE, OSRAM CBI
tmntmn is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-17-2014, 02:05 PM   #137
W Cole
Captain
 
Drives: 2009 M3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Newport Coast, CA

Posts: 703
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntmn View Post
Thanks for the advise!

Do you know what the torque spec is?
I want to say 35 ft lbs but check in the DIY section. There is a spring install DIY which has several torque specs.
W Cole is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST