BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge
 
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-01-2014, 12:50 PM   #793
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
 
MediaArtist's Avatar
 
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Laguna Beach, CA

Posts: 1,189
iTrader: (0)

Oh snap.
__________________
'13 Audi A6
'07 Porsche GT3 RS
'08 BMW E90 335i
MediaArtist is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-01-2014, 03:34 PM   #794
dmk08
///Maniac
 
dmk08's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 2,319
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndotagSwizz View Post
#1 Seed
True but Miami isn't playing very well right now either. The Pacers are just absolutely horrendous lately. I think a team from the West wins it all this year.
dmk08 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-01-2014, 11:08 PM   #795
Efini
Silent Service
 
Drives: 07 e90
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 405
iTrader: (2)

headline on nba.com: Nets shut down rockets. ouch lol
Efini is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-01-2014, 11:15 PM   #796
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
 
MediaArtist's Avatar
 
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Laguna Beach, CA

Posts: 1,189
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
we'll go 3-1......
Still believe this?
__________________
'13 Audi A6
'07 Porsche GT3 RS
'08 BMW E90 335i
MediaArtist is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2014, 12:39 PM   #797
Litos
Banned
 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efini View Post
headline on nba.com: Nets shut down rockets. ouch lol
first time in 11 years the Rockets have lost in "New Jersey/New York/Brooklyn" (away game)....

and it's the first time since 2006 that the Rockets have even lost to the Nets...

3 starters out - no Jones, no Dwight and no Bev.....

it's ok, we're still a lock for the #4 seed....
Litos is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2014, 03:02 PM   #798
Inspired
Colonel
 
Inspired's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

Posts: 2,253
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
True but Miami isn't playing very well right now either. The Pacers are just absolutely horrendous lately. I think a team from the West wins it all this year.
It's funny how no one talks about the Spurs in here. All I hear about is Clippers, Rocket, Pacers, Heat. Seems like everyone forgot how good the Spurs are.
Inspired is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2014, 06:30 PM   #799
JohnSprm69
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: AW e92
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 1,966
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
It's funny how no one talks about the Spurs in here. All I hear about is Clippers, Rocket, Pacers, Heat. Seems like everyone forgot how good the Spurs are.
nobody talks about the spurs ever no matter how good they are, they can win the championship and the talk will be about the team that lost not the spurs.
JohnSprm69 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2014, 08:39 PM   #800
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
 
MediaArtist's Avatar
 
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Laguna Beach, CA

Posts: 1,189
iTrader: (0)

No one talks about the Spurs because they play good text book basketball, and are extremely well coached. You will never see Tony Parker take a dribble up 3 pointer, you won't see Tim Duncan trying to posterize Dwight Howard on a risky alley-oop. They do everything exactly as any basketball strategist would describe in a perfect half court game. High percentage shots, ball movement, and help-your-team-mate defense. The only dramatics in a Spurs game usually center around how silly Manu Ginobli looks when he flops for the 10th time during the game.

They are the best unexciting team in the league. That's a direct reflection of Popovich (have you guys ever listened to an interview from the man?), and the results are unquestionably positive, though not exactly exciting to watch.
__________________
'13 Audi A6
'07 Porsche GT3 RS
'08 BMW E90 335i
MediaArtist is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2014, 12:05 AM   #801
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
 
MediaArtist's Avatar
 
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Laguna Beach, CA

Posts: 1,189
iTrader: (0)

Wow, what a game. Phoenix loses a close one to Lob City, and Clippers clinch division title.

Houston goes down to the Raptors! What the fu is going on in Houston?
__________________
'13 Audi A6
'07 Porsche GT3 RS
'08 BMW E90 335i
MediaArtist is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2014, 12:36 AM   #802
Efini
Silent Service
 
Drives: 07 e90
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 405
iTrader: (2)

nice comeback by the clips!
Efini is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2014, 01:43 PM   #803
Clippers_FTW
Private
 
Drives: CTS-V
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaumont, CA

Posts: 74
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efini View Post
nice comeback by the clips!

This is something that is new for the Clippers this year. They have "spurts" of championship worthy defense. Unfortunately we havnt put together 48 minutes of it. We arent blowing out as many teams as we did last year but defensively we are a lot better. #1 fault last year was 3 point defense where we were almost dead last. This year they are #1 on 3 point defense. In Doc we trust. Tonight's game is going to be rough. Dallas has had the lead going into the 4th quarter all of our previous games. They are getting us on a back to back. Hopefully we can protect that home court where we are western conference bests at 5 losses at home. If we were a better away team earlier in the season we would be right up there with the spurs.. What I dont understand is how bad we are against the spurs. Historically spurs dont do too well against fast paced atheletic teams... (OKC). But for some reason Clippers cant put together a decent win against them. I really dont want to play them until the western conference finals. Hopefully we get our crap together by then. I'm not sure if Blake Griffin plays tonight but I know Crawford is still day to day and JJ may make his comback tonight. They will be needed. Not sure if Granger will play or not. Should be a good game though.
Clippers_FTW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2014, 02:05 PM   #804
Clippers_FTW
Private
 
Drives: CTS-V
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaumont, CA

Posts: 74
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
first time in 11 years the Rockets have lost in "New Jersey/New York/Brooklyn" (away game)....

and it's the first time since 2006 that the Rockets have even lost to the Nets...

3 starters out - no Jones, no Dwight and no Bev.....

it's ok, we're still a lock for the #4 seed....
I wouldnt say a lock... Rockets still need to face thunder and spurs in the next few games... Blazers face suns, warriors and clippers (but these are home games). They both have 49 wins... Blazers have 2 more losses but I belive they are undefeated since LA came back... I still think Houston is a better team and blazers are just pretenders.. just saying.

Rockets next games = Thunder, Nuggets, Lakers, Nuggets, Timberwolves, Peli-cants, spurs and then Peli-cants again...

Blazers next games = Suns, Peli-cants, Kings, Jazz, Warriors, Clippers.

I still think the #4 seed is still a toss up between Blazers and Rockets. I dont follow the 2 teams so I dont know who ownes the tie breaker..

Rockets def have the longer road.. not sure which would be easier???
Clippers_FTW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2014, 03:17 PM   #805
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
 
MediaArtist's Avatar
 
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Laguna Beach, CA

Posts: 1,189
iTrader: (0)

I was telling Litos this the other day that the next 4 games (Nets, Raptors, OKC, Nuggets) were going to be hard fought games that Houston could lose. He said they would go 3-1.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=756

Now they're 0-2 with OKC and Denver to come.
__________________
'13 Audi A6
'07 Porsche GT3 RS
'08 BMW E90 335i
MediaArtist is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2014, 05:32 PM   #806
Litos
Banned
 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippers_FTW View Post
I wouldnt say a lock... Rockets still need to face thunder and spurs in the next few games... Blazers face suns, warriors and clippers (but these are home games). They both have 49 wins... Blazers have 2 more losses but I belive they are undefeated since LA came back... I still think Houston is a better team and blazers are just pretenders.. just saying.

Rockets next games = Thunder, Nuggets, Lakers, Nuggets, Timberwolves, Peli-cants, spurs and then Peli-cants again...

Blazers next games = Suns, Peli-cants, Kings, Jazz, Warriors, Clippers.

I still think the #4 seed is still a toss up between Blazers and Rockets. I dont follow the 2 teams so I dont know who ownes the tie breaker..

Rockets def have the longer road.. not sure which would be easier???
worst thing that could happen is for us to lose home court as the 5th seed and the Blazers hop us into the 4th seed...

either way, we're gearing up for the Blazers....
Litos is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2014, 08:03 PM   #807
Clippers_FTW
Private
 
Drives: CTS-V
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaumont, CA

Posts: 74
iTrader: (0)

JJ is making his return to the starting lineup tonight!!!!!!
Clippers_FTW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2014, 12:33 AM   #808
TXSTYLE
Second Lieutenant
 
TXSTYLE's Avatar
 
Drives: F01 ~ Mineral White
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The GYM! (Plano, TX)

Posts: 274
iTrader: (0)

GINOURMOUS win on the road no less, against a very good Clippers team!

LET'S GO MAVS!!!!
__________________
http://imageshack.us/a/img577/5517/htie.jpg
TXSTYLE is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2014, 12:35 AM   #809
TXSTYLE
Second Lieutenant
 
TXSTYLE's Avatar
 
Drives: F01 ~ Mineral White
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The GYM! (Plano, TX)

Posts: 274
iTrader: (0)

As great as the spurs are, they aren't ready for a fast paced, fire power young team in a 7 game series like Thunder.
__________________
http://imageshack.us/a/img577/5517/htie.jpg
TXSTYLE is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2014, 09:18 AM   #810
Clippers_FTW
Private
 
Drives: CTS-V
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaumont, CA

Posts: 74
iTrader: (0)

Last night's loss to Dallas means Clippers will be resting players for the playoffs... Plenty of games ahead of Houston.. Probably wont see some faces vs the Lakers on saturday and I'm fine with that. I say dont even play our starting lineup vs OKC (dont let them know what we have coming for them). I think all we would have to do would win 1/2 our games to stay in 3rd (if houston wins the rest of their games). Blake is playing gimpy.. We need Jamal's scoring punch off of the bench for the playoffs... for sure.
Clippers_FTW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2014, 09:20 AM   #811
Clippers_FTW
Private
 
Drives: CTS-V
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaumont, CA

Posts: 74
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
GINOURMOUS win on the road no less, against a very good Clippers team!

LET'S GO MAVS!!!!
You guys almost gave it away again lol. I'd say 1 JJ corner 3 away from a loss or 1 Collison pump fake at the 3 to a drive to the basket away from overtime.
Clippers_FTW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2014, 10:21 AM   #812
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
 
MediaArtist's Avatar
 
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Laguna Beach, CA

Posts: 1,189
iTrader: (0)

Lob City 3-1 against Mavs in the season series, not too shabby.

The effects of the long road trip were showing last night. I didn't like how Blake came down off one of his layups, limping around. Who the heck schedules an immediate home game after a 1 and a half week road trip? That's insane. If they're going to rest Jamal Crawford until the playoffs, they should rest Blake and CP3 at least half the games. Let Willie Green and Collison provide the back court, and let Big Baby or Dudley fill in for Blake.
__________________
'13 Audi A6
'07 Porsche GT3 RS
'08 BMW E90 335i
MediaArtist is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2014, 10:29 AM   #813
John Tanglewood
Porn Star
 
John Tanglewood's Avatar
 
Drives: 09' R8 -- 11' M3 (sold)
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Stamford, CT

Posts: 2,119
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
Lob City 3-1 against Mavs in the season series, not too shabby.

The effects of the long road trip were showing last night. I didn't like how Blake came down off one of his layups, limping around. Who the heck schedules an immediate home game after a 1 and a half week road trip? That's insane. If they're going to rest Jamal Crawford until the playoffs, they should rest Blake and CP3 at least half the games. Let Willie Green and Collison provide the back court, and let Big Baby or Dudley fill in for Blake.
Unfortunately the Mavs will most likely be a one-and-done team this year in the playoffs.

Try being a Knicks fan like me. There is no roller coaster like the NYK roller coaster.
__________________

My M3 is for sale here
John Tanglewood is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2014, 10:35 AM   #814
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
 
MediaArtist's Avatar
 
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Laguna Beach, CA

Posts: 1,189
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tanglewood View Post
Unfortunately the Mavs will most likely be a one-and-done team this year in the playoffs.

Try being a Knicks fan like me. There is no roller coaster like the NYK roller coaster.
Yeah I agree. Mavs vs OKC is just not a good matchup (if things stay the same in the next 6 games). That's one of the matchups where I see the Mavs getting closed out 4-1, 4-2.

Knicks still have a chance at keeping the 8th seed, just keep winning games, and hopefully Hawks and others keep losing games. They need some help but it's possible! A first round matchup against Miami though, ouch.
__________________
'13 Audi A6
'07 Porsche GT3 RS
'08 BMW E90 335i
MediaArtist is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:54 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST