|10-21-2007, 06:17 AM||#1|
Join Date: Mar 2006
A little help with Call of Duty 4...
Firstly, I know my comp isnt that good, but here's how it goes...
According to srtest.com, my comp cannot handle Call of Duty 2 due to graphics card not having pixelshader etc., but I can assure you I ran it fine on medium settings. srtest.com basically compares your computer to the system requirements of popular games.
Anyway, it's saying I cant run Call of Duty 4 either, no suprise there. Below are my computer specs and Call of Duty 4 minimum requirements.
- AMD Athlon 3000XP+ 2.17GHZ but rated at 3.0GHz according to srtest.com
- 1.5GB DDR RAM
- 120GB Harddrive
- DVD & DVD/RW drives
- 128MB AGP NVidia Geforce4 MX4000 Graphics card. (crap i know!)
- Windows Vista Business Edition
Call of Duty 4:
- Intel® Pentium® 4 2.4 GHz or AMD® Athlon(tm) 64 2800+ processor or any 1.8Ghz Dual Core Processor or better supported
- 512MB RAM (768MB for Windows Vista)
- 8GB of free hard drive space
- NVIDIA® Geforce(tm) 6600 or better or ATI® Radeon® 9800Pro or better
Now basically it's saying my CPU and graphics card arent good enough. I know that already, but I was hoping to just replace the graphics card and not the CPU. Bear in mind that the same website told me I couldnt run Call of Duty 2 because of my graphics card, but it worked fine and even ran without the pixelshader!
What do you guys think? will I be able to get away with just upgrading the graphics card?
Last edited by hks786; 10-21-2007 at 07:51 AM.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|