BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-13-2014, 12:01 AM   #23
ybbiz34
Moderator
 
ybbiz34's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 4,538
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
sounds like it sucks to drive

that's a shame. m3 or bust these days for driving thrills.

im sure it is a very nice car, just not exciting. really a car for a different demographic than myself.
Think about the luxury/quality level of this car. And then think about what the AMG engineers are going to do to it.
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
ybbiz34 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2014, 12:59 AM   #24
BlackJetE90
Colonel
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: e90

Posts: 2,257
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
Think about the luxury/quality level of this car. And then think about what the AMG engineers are going to do to it.
Exactly, think S-class quality interior plus current C63 turned up a notch.
BlackJetE90 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2014, 06:09 AM   #25
JTO24
Got an 8:30 res at Dorsia
 
JTO24's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 MW E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South Jersey

Posts: 1,142
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
Think about the luxury/quality level of this car. And then think about what the AMG engineers are going to do to it.
I'm excited for the new c63.. I've always been a fan of the current gen.. Even tho o really like the angular lines of the current car, this soft, melted butter look is growing on me and looks stunning on the road (LCI E-class and CLA).
JTO24 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2014, 11:36 AM   #26
TheBingoBalls
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: E90 325i, R56 MINI Cooper
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Posts: 1,712
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
Take the new refinement/luxury, add AMG bits and 4.0TT...winner winner.
Have to agree with you. The last C63 had a monster engine but outside of that it never really appealed to me vs. the E9X M3 where everything was just right but the upcoming C63 is going to be an absolute beast overall.

The F30 is a good car but BMW took the approach where they thought everyone was going to do an incremental change but Mercedes took this to the extreme. Unfortunately for BMW, while their driving dynamics is still better than Mercedes, it's not an E46 or to a lesser extent an E90. The F30 is still dynamic, but soft enough that other manufacturers aren't pulling hairs how to match BMW, the F30 just isn't great dynamically this generation. As this C-Class matures, it'll be interesting to see if there are things that can be tweaked that could at least come close to the 3-Series without breaking the bank. You could make a C-Class more sporty, but you can't make the F30 anywhere close to the C-Class in luxury.
TheBingoBalls is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2014, 12:22 PM   #27
Rev ///Me
My V8 Brings All the Boys to the Yard.
 
Drives: Something
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Somewhere

Posts: 1,072
iTrader: (1)

That interior has my jaw dropping.
__________________
2015 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG S - Deposit Placed.
2013 BMW M3 - Sold and Missed
2008 BMW 328xi - Sold
Rev ///Me is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2014, 12:23 PM   #28
Rev ///Me
My V8 Brings All the Boys to the Yard.
 
Drives: Something
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Somewhere

Posts: 1,072
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
It should be noted as to why they think it's the best car in the segment. I can already see people thinking it's a good balance of sport and luxury, but according to reviews, it's anything but sporty it's just a pure luxury car.

Now it remains to be determined, what's the criteria for this segment? Is it sport or has Mercedes completely redefined the segment?
Keep in mind, they still haven't tested the Sport or AMG variants of the car. The stock suspension on the 3 series is absolutely horrible. You have to compare Apples to Apples. They also drove the diesel, which isn't a variant we'll see in the US.
__________________
2015 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG S - Deposit Placed.
2013 BMW M3 - Sold and Missed
2008 BMW 328xi - Sold
Rev ///Me is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2014, 12:24 PM   #29
ybbiz34
Moderator
 
ybbiz34's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 4,538
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
Exactly, think S-class quality interior plus current C63 turned up a notch.
There have been some interesting rumors floating around about the new powertrain's base output, multiple drivetrain configurations (RWD and AWD on an "S" model), and the estate version's availability in the States.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTO24 View Post
I'm excited for the new c63.. I've always been a fan of the current gen.. Even tho o really like the angular lines of the current car, this soft, melted butter look is growing on me and looks stunning on the road (LCI E-class and CLA).
Me too. And I absolutely agree with your assessment of the exterior looks: it looks like a miniature LCI E-Class in the front and back, with some touches of CLA on the sides/doors. Interior is similar to the interior of the new S-Class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Have to agree with you. The last C63 had a monster engine but outside of that it never really appealed to me vs. the E9X M3 where everything was just right but the upcoming C63 is going to be an absolute beast overall.
The E90 M3 was always a bit sharper than the pre-LCI C63 ('08-'11). It's when the LCI C63 ('12+) came out that the comparison tests and lap times started to swing the other way. The LCI model benefited from the development of the C63 Black Series coupe.

2012 is also the year that the other AMG cars started to become more well-rounded.
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
ybbiz34 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2014, 02:01 PM   #30
TheBingoBalls
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: E90 325i, R56 MINI Cooper
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Posts: 1,712
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev ///Me View Post
Keep in mind, they still haven't tested the Sport or AMG variants of the car. The stock suspension on the 3 series is absolutely horrible. You have to compare Apples to Apples. They also drove the diesel, which isn't a variant we'll see in the US.
While that's true, I'm not holding my breath. While it won't be too difficult to match the F30, early reviews indicate that the W205 chassis was built with luxury and comfort in mind so even with any sport options/trims, I feel it's still going to feel a bit lazy and sluggish and Mercedes will just hold out for the C63.

Many may not like the W205, but I think Mercedes just completely changed this segment.
TheBingoBalls is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2014, 02:31 PM   #31
Blipit_
Captain
 
Drives: E90M
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: bmw

Posts: 747
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
There have been some interesting rumors floating around about the new powertrain's base output, multiple drivetrain configurations (RWD and AWD on an "S" model), and the estate version's availability in the States.
Yeah there seems to be a lot of rumors flying around. I have read the "S" could have 510hp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
Interior is similar to the interior of the new S-Class.
All I keep picturing is that center console/dash in solid carbon fiber, in the next C63.
Blipit_ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2014, 04:19 PM   #32
ybbiz34
Moderator
 
ybbiz34's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 4,538
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
Yeah there seems to be a lot of rumors flying around. I have read the "S" could have 510hp.

With the 507 Edition W204 C63 producing 507 horsepower, I can easily see a "Performance Package" (PP) car offering up 510 horsepower right out of the gate. And I think AMG has decided to replace PPs with the S designation. I still seriously doubt that there will be an AWD version but wouldn't be disappointed if it happened. I'll probably stick to RWD, regardless of whether it is with the F80 or W205.

All I keep picturing is that center console/dash in solid carbon fiber, in the next C63.

That would look stunning.
My responses above in bold.
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
ybbiz34 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2014, 05:53 PM   #33
Rev ///Me
My V8 Brings All the Boys to the Yard.
 
Drives: Something
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Somewhere

Posts: 1,072
iTrader: (1)

I can't wait. Just in terms of design, the W205 kills the F8x. Eagerly waiting for more info.
__________________
2015 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG S - Deposit Placed.
2013 BMW M3 - Sold and Missed
2008 BMW 328xi - Sold
Rev ///Me is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2014, 06:11 PM   #34
wzj519
Captain
 
Drives: 650 Gran coupe M sport Edition
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 682
iTrader: (0)

Yes love the next generation C class. Thinking about trade my car for next generation C63.
__________________
2013 650 GC Xi m sport Mods: Carbon fibre roof wrap
M performance front grills M performance pedals
carbon fibre rear spoiler carbon fibre side mirror covers IND gross black side markers / front colour matched reflectors. Hamman front lip spoiler ACS springs BMS ECU tuning
wzj519 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2014, 05:28 PM   #35
Ichiro
Private
 
Drives: Z4
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Aus

Posts: 95
iTrader: (0)

I'd love to purchase the new C as a daily driver.
Just have to wait and see how badly we get screwed on pricing here in Australia.
Ichiro is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2014, 12:05 PM   #36
Rev ///Me
My V8 Brings All the Boys to the Yard.
 
Drives: Something
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Somewhere

Posts: 1,072
iTrader: (1)

Speaking of C63 AMG's:

Looks like it's getting a column mounted gear lever















__________________
2015 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG S - Deposit Placed.
2013 BMW M3 - Sold and Missed
2008 BMW 328xi - Sold
Rev ///Me is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2014, 12:06 PM   #37
Rev ///Me
My V8 Brings All the Boys to the Yard.
 
Drives: Something
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Somewhere

Posts: 1,072
iTrader: (1)

245's up front isn't bad at all. 275's in the rear would be awesome.
__________________
2015 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG S - Deposit Placed.
2013 BMW M3 - Sold and Missed
2008 BMW 328xi - Sold
Rev ///Me is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2014, 01:59 PM   #38
Rev ///Me
My V8 Brings All the Boys to the Yard.
 
Drives: Something
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Somewhere

Posts: 1,072
iTrader: (1)

I would buy one in Mystic Blue. Gorgeous!
__________________
2015 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG S - Deposit Placed.
2013 BMW M3 - Sold and Missed
2008 BMW 328xi - Sold
Rev ///Me is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2014, 04:59 PM   #39
atlaskk
Man.
 
Drives: 2011 E90
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: United States

Posts: 11
iTrader: (0)

I am not feeling any of the new Merc's rear-ends... for whatever reason, they just seem like poor design. The melty ass of the CLA and now the tight-ass of the C.
atlaskk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2014, 04:26 PM   #40
SeriusK
New Member
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: USA

Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

What kind of performance figures are expected/estimated for the C400?

The car looks heavy, however the power/tq numbers look pretty solid.
SeriusK is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2014, 04:35 PM   #41
ybbiz34
Moderator
 
ybbiz34's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 4,538
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriusK View Post
What kind of performance figures are expected/estimated for the C400?

The car looks heavy, however the power/tq numbers look pretty solid.
The standard W205 C-Class is going to be over 210 lbs lighter than its predecessor.

The W205 C63 could be up to 300+ lbs lighter.

The C400 is going to have a 3.0L direct-injection turbocharged V6 making 329 hp and 354 lb-ft.

The C63 is going to have a 4.0L biturbo V8 producing around 486 horsepower (standard). The "S" model could have over 510 horsepower.
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
ybbiz34 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2014, 04:55 PM   #42
Red Bread
Brigadier General
 
Drives: My wife's car
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,241
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Just remember that those weight loss numbers are on a like for like basis, not the actual weight differences for a W204 vs W205, so if they add 100 pounds of content, the net change is only 100 pounds. We learned this hard way with the E90 to F30 changes where weight loss was announced, but actual cars were heavier due to added content.

Those iPads stuck to the dash are not weightless!
Red Bread is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2014, 04:56 PM   #43
SeriusK
New Member
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: USA

Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
The standard W205 C-Class is going to be over 210 lbs lighter than its predecessor.

The W205 C63 could be up to 300+ lbs lighter.

The C400 is going to have a 3.0L direct-injection turbocharged V6 making 329 hp and 354 lb-ft.

The C63 is going to have a 4.0L biturbo V8 producing around 486 horsepower (standard). The "S" model could have over 510 horsepower.


So has anybody done any tests for 1/4 & 0-60 figures on the C400 yet? I would imagine it's too early at this point.
SeriusK is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2014, 05:07 PM   #44
ybbiz34
Moderator
 
ybbiz34's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 4,538
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Just remember that those weight loss numbers are on a like for like basis, not the actual weight differences for a W204 vs W205, so if they add 100 pounds of content, the net change is only 100 pounds. We learned this hard way with the E90 to F30 changes where weight loss was announced, but actual cars were heavier due to added content.

Those iPads stuck to the dash are not weightless!
I'm afraid that this could be the case with the F80 M3 as well. Pretty substantial weight savings were advertised but once a fueled-up, well-optioned, DCT-equipped F80 M3 gets weighed, I don't think it's going to be anywhere close to 3,300 lbs.

The vast majority of the weight loss on the W205 is coming from replacing steel with high strength aluminum on the chassis.

With the W205 C63, carbon ceramic brakes will be available, and I'm going to guess that the 4.0L biturbo V8 is going to weigh less than the 6.2L NA V8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriusK View Post
So has anybody done any tests for 1/4 & 0-60 figures on the C400 yet? I would imagine it's too early at this point.
Too early, unfortunately.
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
ybbiz34 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST