BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

02-17-2014, 10:08 PM   #67
positiveions
Lieutenant General

Drives: 09 MKV JETTA 2.5 & E90 M3 :)

Send a message via MSN to positiveions Send a message via Yahoo to positiveions
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMG View Post
Nice !

I actually run the SS euro longtube headers and full catless system on my E36 M3 as well.thing is a beast and sounds badass !
NICE!
positiveions is online now   Lebanon
      02-24-2014, 01:21 PM   #68
Matt@Supersprint-USA
Second Lieutenant

Drives: NA

Only 1 week left for special prices on all orders and pre-orders. PM us or call us at 877-691-2825.
      03-02-2014, 12:47 AM   #69
jagman
Private First Class

Drives: 2008 Alpine White E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt@Supersprint-USA
Only 1 week left for special prices on all orders and pre-orders. PM us or call us at 877-691-2825.
Please pm me the deal. Full set up with cats, resonators and f1 for DCT. Thanks.
2008 Alpine White E92 M3: Remote Stage I and DCT tune by BPM Sport (Mike Benvo), remote convenience coding + coding for mDrive w/Euro MDM (no iDrive!!!) & alarm retrofit also by by BPM Sport, Fox Red interior, MRF Velaforza axle back exhaust, resonator delete, carbon fiber BMW badges, black grills, black OEM M3 ZCP 19" wheels
jagman is online now   United_States
      03-04-2014, 04:01 PM   #70
Matt@Supersprint-USA
Second Lieutenant

Supersprint-USA

PM sent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagman View Post
Please pm me the deal. Full set up with cats, resonators and f1 for DCT. Thanks.
      03-04-2014, 05:34 PM   #71
5soko
Brigadier General

Drives: M5

PM me for E60 M5 F1 race exhaust with non resonated x pipe and catless front pipes.
      03-09-2014, 12:39 PM   #72
jagman
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by HennarotM3
I'm seriously thinking about this system, but would appreciate any feedback from owners who may have insight into the volume increase vs. systems with a higher installed user base (e.g., Dinan, Akra Evo). I may start with just the rear section, in any event, because I want to make sure I'm balancing a meaningful improvement in tone and volume without a rumble that will wake my neighbors' kids (or mine) or set off every alarm in my office parking garage.

Thanks in advance.
I'm have a similar dilemma. I have an Akra slip on. I've gotten approval to get the x pipe... but now I'm wondering if I should sell the slip on and get the Evolve full Etronic Exhaust or the Supersprint F1 or Sport. I feel the Akra is a bit too tame. I like the idea of something more aggressive and exotic... but am concerned about drone, the neighbors and getting tickets for being too loud around town!

How quiet is the F1 with DCT below 3500 rpm with cats and resonators? Does the higher RPM sound exotic? What would you compare the sound to? How quiet is the Sport exhaust and how does it compare to the Akra Evo?

Thanks!
2008 Alpine White E92 M3: Remote Stage I and DCT tune by BPM Sport (Mike Benvo), remote convenience coding + coding for mDrive w/Euro MDM (no iDrive!!!) & alarm retrofit also by by BPM Sport, Fox Red interior, MRF Velaforza axle back exhaust, resonator delete, carbon fiber BMW badges, black grills, black OEM M3 ZCP 19" wheels
      03-09-2014, 01:38 PM   #73
s85e90
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: black e90

Sport is very quiet. With cat delete it can be very loud. Sound is subjective. The race is not intrusive into the cabin at all and sounds pretty loud outside w little to no drone at all.
      03-09-2014, 02:45 PM   #74
jagman
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by s85e90
Sport is very quiet. With cat delete it can be very loud. Sound is subjective. The race is not intrusive into the cabin at all and sounds pretty loud outside w little to no drone at all.
Thanks

Are you referring to just the Race or F1 exhaust? I know volume and sound are very subjeactive. F1 is supposed to be much better than Race at low RPM for bass and drone with the DCT yet scream louder at high RPM. I guess what I'm wondering is how the volume and tone of the F1 at full tilt compares to other loud exhausts (does it hurt your ears?) and if it is reasonably quiet when driven slowly (like through the neighborhood). I'd also like to know how the volume of the Sport compares to the Akra Evo. This seems fair since both systems have a pair of 100 cell cats and and a pair of resonators and are well built.
      03-10-2014, 12:57 PM   #75
Matt@Supersprint-USA
Second Lieutenant

I am running this exact setup on my personal car, a E92 M3 6MT: HJS catted front pipes, resonated X pipe and F1 race mufflers.

This exhaust definitely brings out the exotic tone of the V8, it is extremely sonorous between 3,500 and 4,000 RPM, a sound I have truly never heard before from a V8. The high RPM is race-car like with very little rasp, balancing engine intake noise and exhaust sound perfectly. I have found most catless and non-resonated full exhaust induce rasp, an exhaust trait that I have grown to dislike.

There is very little drone, the only occurrences are around 2,000 RPM, a range that is quickly moved passed with our short gearing and the high RPM nature of our beastly S65. It will be barely any louder than your Akra Evo at low to mid RPMs and scream much more at high RPMs. The sport would bring it back in line with the Akra Evo as it is TUV approved.

I have had many people comment on the quality of the sound, the most common comment is the uniqueness and sonorous aspects of the emitted symphony. It is definitely not overbearing, yet its presence snaps necks and brings cheers and thumbs up wherever I go.