BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Sponsor M3 Project Cars Showcase
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-19-2014, 06:54 PM   #45
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
 
jonasaurus's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3 [Sold]
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NYC

Posts: 3,146
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperboost View Post
nicely done but why do a cage on a vert?
I'm not saying I'd do it, but I can see why someone would. Most clubs require roll protection that's taller than your helmet. I'm not sure what the rules are regarding the E93 M3, but he removed his factory seat which has the built-in roll protection. If he likes tracking his E93 a lot and wants to run bucket seats, this is the only way to go.

Using an E93 as a track car is a whole other story. But I'm sure there are guys in spec miatas looking at my pig E92 M3 with a cage and thinking the same thing. It's all relative.
+1
__________________
///M3 | E90 LCI | Space Grey | Fox Red with CF Structure | 6MT | 260M | My build
jonasaurus is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2014, 07:52 PM   #46
puredrive
New Member
 
Drives: MKV GTI
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Vancouver

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

this could have be the heaviest E9X
puredrive is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2014, 01:40 AM   #47
silentassasin
You wont see me coming....
 
silentassasin's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW 535 M-Sport
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Orange County, CA

Posts: 1,302
iTrader: (0)

I can't say I am a fan of the roll cage and seat. Everything else looks good
__________________


White on Black F10 M Sport
silentassasin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2014, 02:32 AM   #48
Carrozzeria
Lieutenant
 
Carrozzeria's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E92 M3 / BMW E46 M3
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kirkland, WA

Posts: 510
iTrader: (0)

We appreciate all comments, but to each of its own. Customer holds the right to make the full decisions for his own vehicle. We are here to provide the services that customer requested for, but not to interfere customers' decisions. Also to clear some of your questions and concerns,

1. Yes, the customer does track his vehicle with a crew of local track enthusiasts. We understand the weight concerns, but customer is not seeking to compete with his friends on the track rather friendship time enjoyment and passion.

2. We did our best to adjust the GTHAUS exhaust. Its the design of the exhaust that we can't unfortunately do much about.

3. The bar is custom made bolt in not AutoPower, can be removed and reinstalled at anytime.

4. Customer is doing one seat only due to the girlfriend. Girlfriend wants to keep the heated seat and comfort.

5. Back seats were removed, but put back for pictures only. Customer wanted the seats to be back in for pictures.

6. Seattle weather has been terrible with the rain and customer was running late for the photoshoot. Customer and photographer were meeting out for the shoot, which photographer didn't expect the vehicle would show up without a wash.

Last edited by Carrozzeria; 02-20-2014 at 12:04 PM.
Carrozzeria is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2014, 02:47 PM   #49
ShahiniBmw
Second Lieutenant
 
ShahiniBmw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 x5 35i M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: brooklyn Ny

Posts: 212
iTrader: (0)

That bar kills it all lol
ShahiniBmw is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2014, 04:00 PM   #50
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
 
BrokenVert's Avatar
 
Drives: Topless Electric Boogaloo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fahrvergnügen

Posts: 9,874
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@Carrozzeria View Post

3. The bar is custom made bolt in not AutoPower, can be removed and reinstalled at anytime.
Where did you put the foot plates for the roll bar stantions. Im asking how you managed to work it in around the deployable system already in place.
__________________
BrokenVert is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2014, 08:05 PM   #51
SVH
Private First Class
 
SVH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 428i & 2011-e93
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Connecticut

Posts: 106
iTrader: (0)

"....he removed his factory seat which has the built-in roll protection."

Wrong.

The e93's roll-over protection protection is behind the rear seat headrests. Removing the front driver's seat only removes the integral seat belt system, which is why one needs a bar or harness setup. This begs the question: why a bolt in roll bar? Removing it might clear up the rear seats for use but then the driver has no seat belt.
SVH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2014, 08:35 PM   #52
Chris796
New Member
 
Chris796's Avatar
 
Drives: Ducati Monster
Join Date: May 2012
Location: GVL, SC

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

Looks awesome, I love that steering wheel!
Chris796 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2014, 08:38 PM   #53
Ezio
Colonel
 
Ezio's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI

Posts: 2,818
iTrader: (0)

tastefully modded in lack there off

reminds me of a jeep
__________________
Ezio is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2014, 06:14 AM   #54
monkawekrue
Brigadier General
 
Drives: e46 M3 AW/f25 X3 AW
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CENTEX

Posts: 3,151
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
nice steering wheel.
__________________
monkawekrue is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2014, 09:56 AM   #55
slicer
Brigadier General
 
slicer's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 3,743
iTrader: (12)

I'm not going to jump on the negative bandwagon but please study the proper way to strap the harnesses to the roll bar. The harness is installed incorrectly making a questionable set-up even more unsafe. It always surprises me when people go through all the trouble of installing seats and harness bars, then turn around and install the harnesses incorrectly.
__________________
KW Clubsport 3-way, Akrapovic Evolution, ESS Tune, StopTech Trophy, IND Euro Bumper & Black Mirror Covers, Turner Motorsports Studs/Lugs & Delrin Diff Bushings, MRF Solid Sub-Frame Bushings, RD Sport Sways, Recaro Profi-XL & Planted Seat Brackets, BMW Performance Carbon Fiber Interior Trim, BMW Edition Grills/Gills, Mode Carbon GT4 Splitter & GTS Wing, Advan TC3 (18x9.5/10.5), BBS E05 (18x10/11), G-Force Rivals (275/295)
slicer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2014, 03:08 PM   #56
GabeS
Crazy!
 
Drives: E93 M3/S14 SRT 10 viper swap
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 465
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
I'm not going to jump on the negative bandwagon but please study the proper way to strap the harnesses to the roll bar. The harness is installed incorrectly making a questionable set-up even more unsafe. It always surprises me when people go through all the trouble of installing seats and harness bars, then turn around and install the harnesses incorrectly.
It looks right to me, unless I am missing something, are you talking about where it loops around the horizontal cage bar>?
__________________
335i coupe mtech rear bumper(white) for sale!!
$300
GabeS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2014, 03:24 PM   #57
slicer
Brigadier General
 
slicer's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 3,743
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS View Post
It looks right to me, unless I am missing something, are you talking about where it loops around the horizontal cage bar>?
See the link below. Look on page two and you will see that there are very specific instructions for how to wrap the Shoulder Belts around the harness bar along with every clip in the harness system (you don't just throw them on in a way that looks OK). Three things to note that I can see in the pictures:

1 - Shoulder Belts should be wrapped tightly around the harness bar and the 3-bar adjuster is located against the bar (NOT loosely attached with the 3-bar adjuster clip located on the occupants chest with 2' of slack like the subject car).

2 - Harness wrap is done in a specific way which allows for a third pass through the 3-bar adjuster to lock the shoulder belt into place. (Subject shoulder strap doesn't have the third pass through to lock it into place. And again the 3-bar adjuster is incorrectly located on the occupants chest 2' away from the harness bar.)

3 - The excess strapping is coiled and secured with a zip tie (not loosely hanging on the occupants lap like the subject car)

Schroth Harness Installation Instructions
__________________
KW Clubsport 3-way, Akrapovic Evolution, ESS Tune, StopTech Trophy, IND Euro Bumper & Black Mirror Covers, Turner Motorsports Studs/Lugs & Delrin Diff Bushings, MRF Solid Sub-Frame Bushings, RD Sport Sways, Recaro Profi-XL & Planted Seat Brackets, BMW Performance Carbon Fiber Interior Trim, BMW Edition Grills/Gills, Mode Carbon GT4 Splitter & GTS Wing, Advan TC3 (18x9.5/10.5), BBS E05 (18x10/11), G-Force Rivals (275/295)
slicer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2014, 07:13 PM   #58
Envyscorpio
Private First Class
 
Envyscorpio's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: LA

Posts: 155
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@Carrozzeria View Post
We appreciate all comments, but to each of its own. Customer holds the right to make the full decisions for his own vehicle. We are here to provide the services that customer requested for, but not to interfere customers' decisions. Also to clear some of your questions and concerns,

1. Yes, the customer does track his vehicle with a crew of local track enthusiasts. We understand the weight concerns, but customer is not seeking to compete with his friends on the track rather friendship time enjoyment and passion.

2. We did our best to adjust the GTHAUS exhaust. Its the design of the exhaust that we can't unfortunately do much about.

3. The bar is custom made bolt in not AutoPower, can be removed and reinstalled at anytime.

4. Customer is doing one seat only due to the girlfriend. Girlfriend wants to keep the heated seat and comfort.

5. Back seats were removed, but put back for pictures only. Customer wanted the seats to be back in for pictures.

6. Seattle weather has been terrible with the rain and customer was running late for the photoshoot. Customer and photographer were meeting out for the shoot, which photographer didn't expect the vehicle would show up without a wash.
1. Good
2. Look at mega expensive Supersprint people. They don't always fit like oem either. First hand experience here!
3. Will the guy be using racing harness all the time? If just regular seat belt, please let him know it's safer to run without a roll bar. Plus I think the harness are too high or is it the shot angle? Aren't they are suppose to be the same height as the harness holes and shoulder of the driver.
4. No seat reclining!!! LOL Absolutely! Queen nag kills. But should of get black to match. It is a bit of an eye sore.
5. Is there a back seat delete kit? To make it look clean?
6. LOL! Just hire a couple ladies and photoshoot them washing the car! I bet all the flaming comments wouldn't have happened. But will seriously go bad if the ladies aren't hot.
__________________
[E34 520i | E39 528i | E46 M3 | E90 M3 | F25 X3 | NSX ]

Last edited by Envyscorpio; 02-21-2014 at 07:19 PM.
Envyscorpio is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2014, 09:32 AM   #59
Evice
Major
 
Evice's Avatar
 
Drives: BSM 128i M-sport and '98 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somewhere here

Posts: 1,432
iTrader: (1)

Not a cage.
__________________
-- '09 BSM 128i - '98 E36 M3 - BMWCR IS #718
BMWCCA Instructor & 2013,2014 BMWCR I-Sport National Champion.
http://www.youtube.com/alisalih
Evice is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2014, 03:27 PM   #60
MParallel
Mr. OEM
 
Drives: '98 M3 SMG Cabrio
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: The Netherlands

Posts: 108
iTrader: (0)

Reminds me of Adam Khans E36 M3 vert, which was nice untill he fitted a similar half cage.

Ps can you legally use thy Nürburgring track logo for a company? Besides the non-relation to it.
MParallel is offline   Netherlands
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2014, 11:53 AM   #61
Sebringjetta
Colonel
 
Sebringjetta's Avatar
 
Drives: E46m3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sacramento

Posts: 2,876
iTrader: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
See the link below. Look on page two and you will see that there are very specific instructions for how to wrap the Shoulder Belts around the harness bar along with every clip in the harness system (you don't just throw them on in a way that looks OK). Three things to note that I can see in the pictures:

1 - Shoulder Belts should be wrapped tightly around the harness bar and the 3-bar adjuster is located against the bar (NOT loosely attached with the 3-bar adjuster clip located on the occupants chest with 2' of slack like the subject car).

2 - Harness wrap is done in a specific way which allows for a third pass through the 3-bar adjuster to lock the shoulder belt into place. (Subject shoulder strap doesn't have the third pass through to lock it into place. And again the 3-bar adjuster is incorrectly located on the occupants chest 2' away from the harness bar.)

3 - The excess strapping is coiled and secured with a zip tie (not loosely hanging on the occupants lap like the subject car)

Schroth Harness Installation Instructions
i never noticed the harness...was to intrigued by the rest of the car but now that you pointed it out thats looks 100% wrong...op jump on the schroth site... they have a set by step....safety is #1
__________________
Sebringjetta is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2014, 02:51 PM   #62
Nicholas@ModeCarbon
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Nicholas@ModeCarbon's Avatar
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NY

Posts: 182
iTrader: (0)

Cage is sick!
Nicholas@ModeCarbon is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2014, 03:43 PM   #63
Petros
Major
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Canada

Posts: 1,099
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperboost View Post
nicely done but why do a cage on a vert?
Petros is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-27-2014, 04:42 PM   #64
hyperboost
Lieutenant
 
hyperboost's Avatar
 
Drives: M3, 535XI Msport
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Boston

Posts: 588
iTrader: (0)

lol heard this saying MANY times.
cheers
__________________
F10 535XI Msport AW - DD|E92 M3 MR exported to China |E93 M3 AW sold |E46 M3 IR ESS SC'ed with loads of mods|E46 M3 TiAg Track weapon Moton CS suspention - sold|Bentley Continental Mulliner package - sold|87 944 NA winter beater - gone|E39 540iA - sold|10 Cayman|04 G35 Turbo'ed 380rwhp|03 350Z SC'ed|11 Mustang GT SC'ed 513rwhp - sold|AW SC'ed Unicorn - gone
hyperboost is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
carrozzeria

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST