BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing
 
OneEighty
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-29-2013, 02:03 PM   #1
Kung Fu English
Second Lieutenant
5

 
Kung Fu English's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Interlagos Blue M3
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Kalamazoo, MI


Posts: 233
iTrader: (2)

Forza 5 Gamertag List

Anyone else in Forza 5? I need to race some drivatars that are less random!

Gamertag: Kung Fu English
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2013, 02:31 PM   #2
Endless619
DHS
Spain
54

 
Endless619's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Range Rover Black Edition
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Disneyland


Posts: 3,930
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Hit me up.

Last edited by Endless619; 12-02-2013 at 12:00 AM.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #3
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
12

 
turbolag's Avatar
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: .


Posts: 1,124
iTrader: (0)

Forza 5...the game with all the microtransactions, no Furai, and no smartcar v. hummer car football?

I'm sad to see car football go...

Sticking with FM4 here, btw.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2013, 02:30 PM   #4
Endless619
DHS
Spain
54

 
Endless619's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Range Rover Black Edition
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Disneyland


Posts: 3,930
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolag View Post
Forza 5...the game with all the microtransactions, no Furai, and no smartcar v. hummer car football?

I'm sad to see car football go...

Sticking with FM4 here, btw.
Actually everything in FM4 is coming back to FM5 in January. On top of that, the micro transactions are there for kids that want cars now. Mostly spoiled rich kids or the boys from 21-31 years of age that just want to throw $9 at a game to get a car pack. With VIP everything is pretty much given/earned. Earning them is speeded up with VIP which most of us have been for years anyway.

Still 10 steps above any Gran Turismo game out today or next month.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #5
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
12

 
turbolag's Avatar
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: .


Posts: 1,124
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
Actually everything in FM4 is coming back to FM5 in January. On top of that, the micro transactions are there for kids that want cars now. Mostly spoiled rich kids or the boys from 21-31 years of age that just want to throw $9 at a game to get a car pack. With VIP everything is pretty much given/earned. Earning them is speeded up with VIP which most of us have been for years anyway.

Still 10 steps above any Gran Turismo game out today or next month.
I know. I bought lots of DLC for FM4 (I'm between 21 and 31 haha, and I did want the Launch DLC/VIP/Porsche/May/July/August/September). But those were $5 packs (or $15 for Porsche) since I bought them on sale. In FM4, I used DLC for extra storefront space, mostly.

I don't really want FM5 right now. It doesn't seem quite finished, honesty. Horizon's quite relaxing to play, just taking a car and meandering around. I've logged >400 hours into FM4, with only 15% of career done (damn rivals) and I'm only on pink wristband in FH (played PG games a ton for the lottery, which I used in free roam)
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #6
Endless619
DHS
Spain
54

 
Endless619's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Range Rover Black Edition
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Disneyland


Posts: 3,930
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolag View Post
I know. I bought lots of DLC for FM4 (I'm between 21 and 31 haha, and I did want the Launch DLC/VIP/Porsche/May/July/August/September). But those were $5 packs (or $15 for Porsche) since I bought them on sale. In FM4, I used DLC for extra storefront space, mostly.

I don't really want FM5 right now. It doesn't seem quite finished, honesty. Horizon's quite relaxing to play, just taking a car and meandering around. I've logged >400 hours into FM4, with only 15% of career done (damn rivals) and I'm only on pink wristband in FH (played PG games a ton for the lottery, which I used in free roam)
I bitch in a nice way and hope I didn't come across wrong.

But Forza 5 was rushed and we get a 1/4 of the game at launch. Unacceptable IMO but honestly it's not that bad. I am a forza fan and only bought this console due to that game. Well maybe golf too when it comes out. lol

I did have a lot of the DLC for forza 4 as well and it was one of my favorite games. Until Forza 5 comes out with more we just deal with what we have.

I already saw 10+ more tracks coming, 200 more cars, drag racing, auction house, and gifting. Something it needs now but we will have to wait.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2013, 03:57 PM   #7
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
12

 
turbolag's Avatar
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: .


Posts: 1,124
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
I bitch in a nice way and hope I didn't come across wrong.

But Forza 5 was rushed and we get a 1/4 of the game at launch. Unacceptable IMO but honestly it's not that bad. I am a forza fan and only bought this console due to that game. Well maybe golf too when it comes out. lol

I did have a lot of the DLC for forza 4 as well and it was one of my favorite games. Until Forza 5 comes out with more we just deal with what we have.

I already saw 10+ more tracks coming, 200 more cars, drag racing, auction house, and gifting. Something it needs now but we will have to wait.
I'm waiting until the X1 price drops down a bit. Right now, 500 is too much.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2013, 04:32 PM   #8
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
89

 
Greenkirby21's Avatar
 
Drives: C7 Stringray
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dream Land


Posts: 2,608
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Greenkirby21
I'm waiting as well.

Not a fan of having to pay for DLC for cars (and tracks) that I already paid for in Forza 4. Based on the Forza forums, you can tell the game was rushed. There are a lot more bugs being found than normal.

Also, wtf is up with not being able to play with any of the cars in free play mode? My friend and I play split screen a lot, and it sucks we won't be able to choose from all the cars the game provides.

I understand they made it harder to obtain cars and modify them, but to not be able to access them in free play mode (or online) kinda sucks.

Its not a bad game at all, just underwhelems IMO. I have played it on 4 different occasions, and aside from better graphics, you get less cars and tracks.

I'm gonna wait a year, normally Forza released a special edition version that has all the DLC and stuff (they did that for Forza 3 I believe).
__________________
2014 C7 Corvette Stringray - Laguna Blue - NPP Exhaust - Competition Seats
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #9
Kung Fu English
Second Lieutenant
5

 
Kung Fu English's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Interlagos Blue M3
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Kalamazoo, MI


Posts: 233
iTrader: (2)

It costs more and takes longer to make games than it used too. Even from fm4 to 5. New system, new hardware etc.

Why wait a year just to pay 60 plus dlc then? At best you save 30 on used game discount. You really don't think you'll get $30 worth of entertainment in a year? That's a night at the movies or one dinner with wife.

5 may be lacking some features, but the car list is fine. I don't need to have the option to drive a 89 civic crx or 91 Plymouth laser. All the cars people actually want to play are there.

And even if the track list is lacking, it is still more fun to play than fm4. Driving against drivatars actually gives you some variety instead of all 7 other cars always driving the exact same line. The new controller feels infinitely better, but I didn't get the wheel yet.

The future of console gaming is no longer $60 for a one stop shop. It costs 100 mil to make a good game. Blu rays cost 25 for 2 hrs of entertainment. Getting a 40+ hour game for 60 is all the value. Either games will start costing $100, or dlc will continue to expand.

My bet is on dlc.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 12:32 AM   #10
Endless619
DHS
Spain
54

 
Endless619's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Range Rover Black Edition
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Disneyland


Posts: 3,930
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
I'm waiting as well.

Not a fan of having to pay for DLC for cars (and tracks) that I already paid for in Forza 4. Based on the Forza forums, you can tell the game was rushed. There are a lot more bugs being found than normal.

Also, wtf is up with not being able to play with any of the cars in free play mode? My friend and I play split screen a lot, and it sucks we won't be able to choose from all the cars the game provides.

I understand they made it harder to obtain cars and modify them, but to not be able to access them in free play mode (or online) kinda sucks.

Its not a bad game at all, just underwhelems IMO. I have played it on 4 different occasions, and aside from better graphics, you get less cars and tracks.

I'm gonna wait a year, normally Forza released a special edition version that has all the DLC and stuff (they did that for Forza 3 I believe).
You can play with some of the cars in free play mode. I noticed some you cannot play or use which is weird. All of those cars are available when you purchase from the dealer in the game.

I did think that was odd too.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 06:11 PM   #11
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
27

 
BKap08's Avatar
 
Drives: LCI
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bay Area


Posts: 2,624
iTrader: (0)

BKap08, add me!
__________________

|2010 E90 LCI 328i|Matte Black grilles|35% Ceramic Tint|Gunmetal M359 Reps|ST Coilovers|Mtech Front Bumper|
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #12
Endless619
DHS
Spain
54

 
Endless619's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Range Rover Black Edition
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Disneyland


Posts: 3,930
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
I'm waiting as well.

Not a fan of having to pay for DLC for cars (and tracks) that I already paid for in Forza 4. Based on the Forza forums, you can tell the game was rushed. There are a lot more bugs being found than normal.

Also, wtf is up with not being able to play with any of the cars in free play mode? My friend and I play split screen a lot, and it sucks we won't be able to choose from all the cars the game provides.

I understand they made it harder to obtain cars and modify them, but to not be able to access them in free play mode (or online) kinda sucks.

Its not a bad game at all, just underwhelems IMO. I have played it on 4 different occasions, and aside from better graphics, you get less cars and tracks.

I'm gonna wait a year, normally Forza released a special edition version that has all the DLC and stuff (they did that for Forza 3 I believe).
Just an update. I was wrong. You can play with any car in the game in free play mode. There is a work around.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2013, 11:36 AM   #13
morningscifi
Null
United_States
1

 
Drives: 2013 135is
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA


Posts: 196
iTrader: (0)

Sure I'll play. Morningscifi
__________________
2013 135is | Le Mans Blue | #542 / 586
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 02:48 AM   #14
iNAN3 SOLDi3R
Second Lieutenant
United_States
5

 
iNAN3 SOLDi3R's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i LMB DCT
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Colorado Springs, CO


Posts: 200
iTrader: (0)

add me: iNAN3 SOLDi3R only on X1 these days.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 06:16 AM   #15
H8rv
New Member
0

 
Drives: 135i (N55)
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Berks - UK


Posts: 10
iTrader: (0)

teh harv

is there a forza 5 hot lap thread anywhere?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 01:06 PM   #16
morningscifi
Null
United_States
1

 
Drives: 2013 135is
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA


Posts: 196
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by H8rv View Post
teh harv

is there a forza 5 hot lap thread anywhere?
It'd be neat to have a weekly track picked for something like that. It's too convoluted to see any of my friends' lap times in game.
__________________
2013 135is | Le Mans Blue | #542 / 586
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 03:57 PM   #17
Fifty3bags
Captain
8

 
Fifty3bags's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Decatur, GA


Posts: 671
iTrader: (1)

I need to play this more. I've only played for like 2 days.

fifty3bags89
__________________
Alpine White | Coral Red | 6MT | Bagged | Active Autowerke Axleback
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 12:40 AM   #18
Endless619
DHS
Spain
54

 
Endless619's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Range Rover Black Edition
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Disneyland


Posts: 3,930
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Let me know if any of you folks like drag racing. I have a super fast E92 M3 tune that runs 8.5 in the quarter mile. lol

Last edited by Endless619; 01-25-2014 at 11:43 AM.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST