BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications
 
Evolve Automotive
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-21-2014, 04:37 AM   #441
pkimM3r
Banned
pkimM3r's Avatar
95
Rep
7,321
Posts

 
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lost angeles

iTrader: (0)

What about 18x10et25 square with 275s and kw cs? Currently running 265 square and fronts have a couple mms clearance. Need bigger tires and correct spacers! Im sure you guys have done a bunch of these setups. Please let me know! Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2014, 12:18 PM   #442
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
326
Rep
10,621
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
What about 18x10et25 square with 275s and kw cs? Currently running 265 square and fronts have a couple mms clearance. Need bigger tires and correct spacers! Im sure you guys have done a bunch of these setups. Please let me know! Thanks
Quite a bit! We recently had a E92M3 with KW Clubsports with a 10" squared set of 285 Hankook TDs and needed a 10mm spacer to clear the adjustment collar from the inner sidewall.

On the flip side, a JRZ RS-PRO-equipped M3 with a squared set of 295 Hankook TDs didn't need a spacer at all. The adjustment collar was positioned (higher) simply where it didn't interfere.

With 275s and your Clubsports you may get away with a 5mm, 10mm would be max. You can also play with shorter springs to change collar height.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2014, 01:44 PM   #443
pkimM3r
Banned
pkimM3r's Avatar
95
Rep
7,321
Posts

 
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lost angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Quite a bit! We recently had a E92M3 with KW Clubsports with a 10" squared set of 285 Hankook TDs and needed a 10mm spacer to clear the adjustment collar from the inner sidewall.

On the flip side, a JRZ RS-PRO-equipped M3 with a squared set of 295 Hankook TDs didn't need a spacer at all. The adjustment collar was positioned (higher) simply where it didn't interfere.

With 275s and your Clubsports you may get away with a 5mm, 10mm would be max. You can also play with shorter springs to change collar height.
I think the 285TD guy is my track buddy...ss2 with wings and bunch of race stickers right?

yeah it does suck about the cs having to be a headache....i've read so many different responses/thoughts on the 5mm spacer being used....
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2014, 02:39 PM   #444
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
326
Rep
10,621
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
I think the 285TD guy is my track buddy...ss2 with wings and bunch of race stickers right?

yeah it does suck about the cs having to be a headache....i've read so many different responses/thoughts on the 5mm spacer being used....
Sounds like him.

You can always drop by and we can see what works best on the lift and give an expert opinion.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2014, 03:14 PM   #445
pkimM3r
Banned
pkimM3r's Avatar
95
Rep
7,321
Posts

 
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lost angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Sounds like him.

You can always drop by and we can see what works best on the lift and give an expert opinion.
pm sent
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 06:17 PM   #446
ptr houston
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 e92 mt6
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

what is the recommendation for spacers for the following setup?

2011 E92 M3 ZCP Equipped

Front wheel: OEM ZCP
Rear: wheel: OEM ZCP

Front Tire: Michelin Pilot Super Sport 245/35/19
Rear Tire: Michelin Pilot Super Sport 265/35/19

Suspension: Stock Competition (ZCP) Suspension
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 06:24 PM   #447
kevin @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
68
Rep
3,625
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Anaheim

iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to kevin @ eas Send a message via Yahoo to kevin @ eas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptr houston View Post
what is the recommendation for spacers for the following setup?

2011 E92 M3 ZCP Equipped

Front wheel: OEM ZCP
Rear: wheel: OEM ZCP

Front Tire: Michelin Pilot Super Sport 245/35/19
Rear Tire: Michelin Pilot Super Sport 265/35/19

Suspension: Stock Competition (ZCP) Suspension
With a setup like that I would recommend going with a 15mm front and a 12mm rear. With those sizes no issues with rubbing on the 245/365 tire sizes.

This particular car has 15/12
__________________
Kevin S. | european auto source (eas)
email: kevin@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x31

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 02:35 AM   #448
The Dez
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
241
Posts

 
Drives: LMB E93 M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: San Antonio

iTrader: (4)

I have stock 220m on my 09' e93 m3. Planning on putting 20mm front and 15 rears. Would i rub with out any drop? Also i have EDC Thanks guys.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 10:51 AM   #449
Buddy Revell
Private First Class
1
Rep
161
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2015 F82 M4
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Will 5mm spacers on my 20 x 10.5 et25 rears work without rubbing, assuming I'm not lowered? I'm currently running 295/25/20 Ventus but may go 305/25/20 in the future.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2014, 12:16 PM   #450
kevin @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
68
Rep
3,625
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Anaheim

iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to kevin @ eas Send a message via Yahoo to kevin @ eas
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dez View Post
I have stock 220m on my 09' e93 m3. Planning on putting 20mm front and 15 rears. Would i rub with out any drop? Also i have EDC Thanks guys.
With 220 wheels I would go with a 15/12mm setup. With a 20/15 you will probably run into rubbing issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Revell View Post
Will 5mm spacers on my 20 x 10.5 et25 rears work without rubbing, assuming I'm not lowered? I'm currently running 295/25/20 Ventus but may go 305/25/20 in the future.
That one is a tough call, 20x10.5 et 25 is pretty aggressive. That one would be best if you could measure with a tape measure.
__________________
Kevin S. | european auto source (eas)
email: kevin@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x31

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2014, 09:37 PM   #451
Detroit M3
Major
Detroit M3's Avatar
13
Rep
1,089
Posts

 
Drives: Murdered E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bloomfield Hills

iTrader: (0)

I want my oem 18s to sit plush with the fender what do you recommend I purchase.
__________________
E92. ModeCarbon. iND. eisenmann. ACM Test Pipe. BPM Sport. KW.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 07:30 PM   #452
kevin @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
68
Rep
3,625
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Anaheim

iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to kevin @ eas Send a message via Yahoo to kevin @ eas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit M3 View Post
I want my oem 18s to sit plush with the fender what do you recommend I purchase.
If on stock tires I would recommend the 15/12 setup. That one is our tried and true combo.
__________________
Kevin S. | european auto source (eas)
email: kevin@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x31

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 07:37 PM   #453
Z K
Colonel
Z K's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
2,174
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3, MK6 GLI
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin @ eas View Post
If on stock tires I would recommend the 15/12 setup. That one is our tried and true combo.
I would only do that with stock suspension. With 10mm spacers on stock 18", you rub the fender liner on the back tires.
__________________
Auto Detailing Enthusiast!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 10:00 AM   #454
Detroit M3
Major
Detroit M3's Avatar
13
Rep
1,089
Posts

 
Drives: Murdered E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bloomfield Hills

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin @ eas View Post
If on stock tires I would recommend the 15/12 setup. That one is our tried and true combo.
Sick thanks for the response will order from you guys soon
__________________
E92. ModeCarbon. iND. eisenmann. ACM Test Pipe. BPM Sport. KW.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 03:56 PM   #455
brady2268
Private First Class
4
Rep
105
Posts

 
Drives: 2005 330ci Dinan 3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston

iTrader: (1)

This thread is awesome! Great info
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 08:58 PM   #456
donkeymoto
New Member
1
Rep
25
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

PM sent, Tom
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 08:59 PM   #457
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
326
Rep
10,621
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeymoto View Post
PM sent, Tom
Got it - replying shortly!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 06:52 AM   #458
Lorde
Ya ya ya, I am Lorde, ya ya!
Lorde's Avatar
No_Country
32
Rep
2,521
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3, 2015 SQ5
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Snig

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit M3
I want my oem 18s to sit plush with the fender what do you recommend I purchase.
18/15
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 04:57 AM   #459
polonus
Private
polonus's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
67
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 E90 ESS VT2-575, Corsa
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Skype™ to polonus
I am going to install Axis XGT wheels on my 2008 e90 M3.



According to the information on the sellers website offset in front is 32mm, in rear 20mm. Wheel sizes are 8.5x19 in front, 9.5x19 in rear and I have Continentals Extreme Contacts DW 245/35 in front, 265/35 rear. There are no modifications to the suspension of that car.

What size spacer I can install on those wheels without worrying about rubbing?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2014, 11:41 AM   #460
robert @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
87
Rep
3,979
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 4015 E Leaverton Court, Anahiem, CA 92807

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by polonus View Post
I am going to install Axis XGT wheels on my 2008 e90 M3.



According to the information on the sellers website offset in front is 32mm, in rear 20mm. Wheel sizes are 8.5x19 in front, 9.5x19 in rear and I have Continentals Extreme Contacts DW 245/35 in front, 265/35 rear. There are no modifications to the suspension of that car.

What size spacer I can install on those wheels without worrying about rubbing?
Looking at the size and offsets of the wheels you are looking to put on your car, you should be able to fit a 15mm front and 12mm rear without any issues on the conservative side. You can probably even fit an 18mm in the front and 15mm rear, although I do suggest to measure it before hand to see how much you want to bring the wheels out. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me.
__________________
Robert T. | european auto source (eas)
email: robert@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x32

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 11:09 PM   #461
magus4286
Registered
United_States
0
Rep
4
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 M3 6MT - Jerez Black
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Somerville, MA

iTrader: (0)

What would you recommend for my track/AX setup?

'08 E90 M3 (pre-zcp) with 0.5" drop from Dinan suspension

wheels: APEX ARC-8 18x10 et25, square

tires: 275/35 Dunlop Direzza ZII, square (pretty square and wide tire; 0.4" wider tread than same size PSS)

What size spacer would you expect to fit in the rear without rubbing? The front has plenty of rubber to fill the fender and I'd like to even it out.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 11:20 PM   #462
M3ANMACHINE
Hella Functional
M3ANMACHINE's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,772
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mission Viejo, CA

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by magus4286 View Post
What would you recommend for my track/AX setup?

'08 E90 M3 (pre-zcp) with 0.5" drop from Dinan suspension

wheels: APEX ARC-8 18x10 et25, square

tires: 275/35 Dunlop Direzza ZII, square (pretty square and wide tire; 0.4" wider tread than same size PSS)

What size spacer would you expect to fit in the rear without rubbing? The front has plenty of rubber to fill the fender and I'd like to even it out.

Thanks!
Depends on your camber. But i'd say 10mm rear for sure, front depends more on your camber
__________________

--- E90 ///M3 - AW - 6MT - APEX - Bimmerworld - Dinan - Eisenmann - Evolve - IND - KW - Mode Carbon - PFC - TMS ---

Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST