BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-27-2013, 02:18 PM   #23
4corners
Captain
4corners's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
818
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 Jet Black M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Yucca Valley, CA - Kelowna, BC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2007 Ford E350 4x4  [2.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeRam View Post
Not quite, it's a replica of a Jag XK-SS.
Ok fine, I like it.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 05:00 PM   #24
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
32
Rep
2,160
Posts

 
Drives: '08 135i, '03 WRX
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2003 Subaru WRX  [0.00]
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Great pictures as usual Dackel, thanks for sharing. I want the Alfa GTV.
__________________
Delivered in Munich, broken in on the Nurburgring.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2013, 01:42 AM   #25
Jo3_E90
Private
0
Rep
70
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 328i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

thanks for sharing!... this amazing history in the making.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #26
GeeRam
Captain
GeeRam's Avatar
United Kingdom
10
Rep
906
Posts

 
Drives: 135i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: London,UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4corners View Post
Ok fine, I like it.
Most of the replicas aren't very good, that one doesn't look that bad though. Some of the Lynx made XK-SS replicas are now very valuable in their own right, but given not many were made, and only 16 x real XK-SS were made and are worth several million dollars on the rare occasion that any come up for sale, it's not surprising that the handfull of decent replicas are now fetching close to 6-figure sums as well

Of course one of the genuine, original 16 x XK-SS built, once had a very famous owner

__________________
2011 135i M-Sport Coupe DCT ~ Bluewater:Coral Red | BMWP CF spoiler & BMWPE | Birds B1 suspension | Forge FMIC | Hartge footrest | Alufelgen CS7 & Pirelli P Zero

2012 Harley Davidson Softail Slim ~ lots of mods
Appreciate 1
      12-28-2013, 02:35 PM   #27
mdss6
Private First Class
mdss6's Avatar
Belgium
5
Rep
122
Posts

 
Drives: 1990 928GT
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Soignies, BE

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Dackel,
thanks for the update on another great automotive sight-seeing destination. And your photos are absolutely superb. What camera and lens are you using? The images are incredibly sharp, but since you take so many from different angles I can't imagine you are using a tripod?
Thanks,
mdss6
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2013, 04:32 PM   #28
GeeRam
Captain
GeeRam's Avatar
United Kingdom
10
Rep
906
Posts

 
Drives: 135i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: London,UK

iTrader: (0)

What's the significance of the small section of what I'm guessing is a section of tram track set in brick/cobbles...???
__________________
2011 135i M-Sport Coupe DCT ~ Bluewater:Coral Red | BMWP CF spoiler & BMWPE | Birds B1 suspension | Forge FMIC | Hartge footrest | Alufelgen CS7 & Pirelli P Zero

2012 Harley Davidson Softail Slim ~ lots of mods
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 08:55 AM   #29
MalibuZ4
Breakfast Director
MalibuZ4's Avatar
Germany
1
Rep
101
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW Z4 Sdrive23i (E89)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for sharing. I have to stop by next time I am in Dü´dorf. Nice selection of cars. Hope that this not just only an old farts gathering like in Frankfurt
__________________

2011 BMW Z4 Sdrive23i; Mojave/Havanna; pure-white nappa trim; BMW Performance wheels 313 19" (garage queen)
2005 BMW Z4 2.0i black sapphire metallic (dd)
1967 Volkswagen 1300 (Bug) survivor 50k mls (garage queen II)
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 05:34 PM   #30
Dackelone
Moderator
Dackelone's Avatar
Germany
688
Rep
16,660
Posts

 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeRam View Post
What's the significance of the small section of what I'm guessing is a section of tram track set in brick/cobbles...???
The building used to be used to house locomotives. It had a turntable and several stalls for the train locs to park inside of.


Similar to this Railway Yard
Name:  RailwayYard6.png
Views: 77
Size:  330.3 KB

When they remodeled the train yard to house classic cars... they left that little bit of rail and cobble stones has a homage to what was once there - inside of the building.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 05:39 PM   #31
Dackelone
Moderator
Dackelone's Avatar
Germany
688
Rep
16,660
Posts

 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdss6 View Post
Dackel,
thanks for the update on another great automotive sight-seeing destination. And your photos are absolutely superb. What camera and lens are you using? The images are incredibly sharp, but since you take so many from different angles I can't imagine you are using a tripod?
Thanks,
mdss6
I shoot with a Panasonic Lumix LX7. It has a Leica f1.8 lens and it takes super sharp pics. Plus it has a "low key" "point & shoot" look to that camera... so no one looks twice at me taking a lot of pics.

Since this LX7 has a fast f1.8 I hardly ever use a flash and never a tripod. Even when I shoot night time shots. The (fast)Leica lens is really awesome on this camera.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 05:46 PM   #32
Dackelone
Moderator
Dackelone's Avatar
Germany
688
Rep
16,660
Posts

 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeRam View Post
Most of the replicas aren't very good, that one doesn't look that bad though. Some of the Lynx made XK-SS replicas are now very valuable in their own right, but given not many were made, and only 16 x real XK-SS were made and are worth several million dollars on the rare occasion that any come up for sale, it's not surprising that the handfull of decent replicas are now fetching close to 6-figure sums as well

Of course one of the genuine, original 16 x XK-SS built, once had a very famous owner


McQueen owned a lot of really cool cars. I just got back from visiting the Louwman Museum in the Hague, Netherlands.


http://www.louwmanmuseum.nl/?sc_lang=en


They had a real XK-SS there! Plus lots of other very nice cars. This museum was one of the BEST automotive mecca's - I have had the pleasure of visiting! Look for my photo coverage soon on the front page Bimmerpost.com
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2013, 12:36 PM   #33
mdss6
Private First Class
mdss6's Avatar
Belgium
5
Rep
122
Posts

 
Drives: 1990 928GT
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Soignies, BE

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Thanks for the information about your camera. You are getting great results, and I expected to hear about a fast lens, but on a full frame DSLR. Sounds like a very good camera for cars.

I'm also looking forward to seeing your photos from the Louwman Museum. Please include whatever you took of the Can-Am cars. I think their McLaren M8F is from the old Rosso-Bianco collection. I sadly only went to the museum once (2002) before it closed, but without at good camera. Would have loved to see one of your museum visits to that place. Or better yet that the collection was still together.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2013, 12:53 PM   #34
Dackelone
Moderator
Dackelone's Avatar
Germany
688
Rep
16,660
Posts

 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdss6 View Post
Thanks for the information about your camera. You are getting great results, and I expected to hear about a fast lens, but on a full frame DSLR. Sounds like a very good camera for cars.

I'm also looking forward to seeing your photos from the Louwman Museum. Please include whatever you took of the Can-Am cars. I think their McLaren M8F is from the old Rosso-Bianco collection. I sadly only went to the museum once (2002) before it closed, but without at good camera. Would have loved to see one of your museum visits to that place. Or better yet that the collection was still together.

Thanks!
I had been to the Rosso Bianaco Museum twice before they closed too. Its sad that they closed. I do remember some of the cars went to the NL, now it makes sense! I took those pics in the early to late 90's with analog SLR camera. All my pics of that museum are somewhere in my parents basement. lol One day I will scan them and post them.

The Louwman Museum was pure AWESOMEness! I really enjoyed it. Yes, they had that orange McLaren M8F on display. And they also had some fine Alfa's and older Ferrari's too. I will be working on my photos soon for Bimmerpost.com

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 04:40 PM   #35
Dackelone
Moderator
Dackelone's Avatar
Germany
688
Rep
16,660
Posts

 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

iTrader: (1)

Arrow Louwman Museum in NL...

cross posting...


We tour the Louwman Museum in the Haag, NL...
http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=992214
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST