BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

12-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #1
dparm
Major

Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3

Who here has used Wheels America?

Long story made short: when I bought the car earlier this year, the dealer repaired one of the rear wheels because it had curb rash. Fast forward to present day -- the repair wasn't holding up well (paint was flaking off) so they fixed it again. I got the wheel back yesterday and it looks fucking terrible. They sanded way too much of it down so it looks like the wheel is bent or misformed there, and the paint doesn't even match.

I'm done dealing with those clowns at the dealership and am just going to take it to a professional wheel repair place and pay out of pocket. It's a rear ZCP 19x10 wheel, if it matters.

Has anyone had good success with Wheels America? They have a Chicago location which makes it very convenient.
      12-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #2
Ilia@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: F10 M5

Dan, I have not been entirely satisfied with Wheels America. I'll send you a PM with more info.
      12-10-2013, 02:24 PM   #3
whats77inaname
Native Texan

Drives: when at all possible

I have, twice.....the facility in San Antonio. Both experiences were excellent, the work was excellent, and the turnaround time was a day in both cases. I had a bend and curbing from a used set of wheels that I picked up. I asked them to fix the bend and repair the curbing, but to not refinish them, as I had other plans for that. Came back exactly as expected. Wheels were all 19".

I had contacted WA in Dallas first, but those guys never would return emails or phone calls, and the SA guys were very expeditious in doing both. Excellent customer service, too! They even stayed late to let me pick up after hours.
whats77inaname is offline   United_States
      12-24-2013, 03:00 AM   #4
e92ben
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: BMW M3

IND/ A&L refinished a set of OZ Ultraleggeras for me. Amazing work and I got a good deal.

e92 ///M3