BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #45
Agent_Orange
Second Lieutenant
5

 
Agent_Orange's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Perth


Posts: 297
iTrader: (1)

It's a start..
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2013, 07:16 PM   #46
Dzenko
Private First Class
Australia
1

 
Drives: E92-M3 Comp pack
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Perth WA


Posts: 138
iTrader: (0)

Crazy good look. Thumbs up for the work on the GTS
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2013, 05:03 AM   #47
DaveDee
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Australia
15


 
DaveDee's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 Edition M-DCT
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gold Coast Australia


Posts: 704
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Send a message via Skype™ to DaveDee
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
They appear to be Brembos with the Harrop name on them.
If you look at Brembos the hydraulic line is visible, not on this kit, also the bleed screw is hardly visible, so while it looks similar some may prefer the appearance and design of this kit
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #48
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
199

 
mkPOTO's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 528I
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA


Posts: 15,624
iTrader: (23)

Garage List
dam just looked online and it says you can only run these on 19s.. grrr
__________________

EVOLVE E600 BMW E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #49
oystero
Lieutenant
Australia
6

 
Drives: AW 1M, E90 320d
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Melbourne


Posts: 441
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkPOTO
dam just looked online and it says you can only run these on 19s.. grrr
Not true. You can run on selected 18s. If the 18s clear brembo calipers, you will be fine
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2013, 03:23 PM   #50
oystero
Lieutenant
Australia
6

 
Drives: AW 1M, E90 320d
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Melbourne


Posts: 441
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
They appear to be Brembos with the Harrop name on them.
If you look at Brembos the hydraulic line is visible, not on this kit, also the bleed screw is hardly visible, so while it looks similar some may prefer the appearance and design of this kit
+1

The bridge line is machined internally.

There is only 1 bleed screw at the back of the caliper compared to 2 on normal bbks. Might take an additional few seconds to bleed both sides of the caliper
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #51
Agent_Orange
Second Lieutenant
5

 
Agent_Orange's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Perth


Posts: 297
iTrader: (1)

One thing I noticed with my harrops.. When I brake hard the car thinks I've had an accident and the hazard lights come on anyway to stop that?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2013, 02:59 AM   #52
Msports180
Soon to be Owner
Australia
0

 
Msports180's Avatar
 
Drives: R36 Passat, Patrol, Skyline
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bunbury Western Australia


Posts: 59
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by max-power View Post
One thing I noticed with my harrops.. When I brake hard the car thinks I've had an accident and the hazard lights come on anyway to stop that?
Haha first world problems, could make track days interesting!
__________________
- R36 Passat - Nissan Patrol Family Explorer- 500hp Skyline - Looking for the right M3 -
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2013, 03:05 AM   #53
DaveDee
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Australia
15


 
DaveDee's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 Edition M-DCT
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gold Coast Australia


Posts: 704
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Send a message via Skype™ to DaveDee
Quote:
Originally Posted by max-power View Post
One thing I noticed with my harrops.. When I brake hard the car thinks I've had an accident and the hazard lights come on anyway to stop that?
Your tail lights will flash at a high rate as ABS starts to kick in, if your hazard lights come on you've got an electrical fault. Someone might have mistaken the rapid flashing of the tail lights for hazard lights. It's a normal function of the lights with or without BBK and I see it at the track all the time on M3s braking hard into corners. It's a good thing as it give the car behind excellent warning of heavy braking
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2013, 08:33 PM   #54
Agent_Orange
Second Lieutenant
5

 
Agent_Orange's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Perth


Posts: 297
iTrader: (1)

Ok.. so when I come to a complete stop or even once I stop braking they should stop flashing? pretty sure mine stay on, I'll double check.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2013, 08:46 PM   #55
DaveDee
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Australia
15


 
DaveDee's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 Edition M-DCT
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gold Coast Australia


Posts: 704
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Send a message via Skype™ to DaveDee
Absolutely. They flash braking heavily only. I'll see if I have some footage on the track to show what I mean. Outside that it's electronic or software
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2013, 09:18 PM   #56
Agent_Orange
Second Lieutenant
5

 
Agent_Orange's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Perth


Posts: 297
iTrader: (1)

Yeah I've seen it in some vids.. ok, I'll take it into BM.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2013, 02:14 AM   #57
Freddo
Freddo
Australia
0

 
Drives: E92 2008 M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Brookwater, Queensland


Posts: 10
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oystero View Post
Dave,
Thanks for starting the thread and the recommendation

Enjoy....
Hi

I would love to see the picture of the car from the side as I am trying to decide on what colour Harrop kit for my white M3 with black rims, leaning towards yellow. I am a member of Dave's M3 group on facebook. Dave is asking his contact at Harrop if they can do white for me. How did the brakes perform at Philip Island? March is our next track day at QR that Dave has organised so the new BBK will be installed by start of February I hope.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2013, 03:32 AM   #58
oystero
Lieutenant
Australia
6

 
Drives: AW 1M, E90 320d
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Melbourne


Posts: 441
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddo View Post
Hi

I would love to see the picture of the car from the side as I am trying to decide on what colour Harrop kit for my white M3 with black rims, leaning towards yellow. I am a member of Dave's M3 group on facebook. Dave is asking his contact at Harrop if they can do white for me. How did the brakes perform at Philip Island? March is our next track day at QR that Dave has organised so the new BBK will be installed by start of February I hope.

Thanks
Have you tried post #26 ?
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...6&postcount=26

or this
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=900426

I am sure they can do a white for you. Should be around $175 extra if not mistaken. Best to get Harrop to confirm. Just curious, why white ? It's a pain to clean those brake dust

The brakes performed well at PI Didn't have to slow down to cool it as compared to OEM. I was just doing laps after laps (approx 8 laps per session) with no fade.

Hope the pic below is sufficient. Good luck with the decision
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2013, 03:43 AM   #59
DR-JEKL
Lieutenant Colonel
31

 
Drives: Space Grey 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Newcastle Ozstraylia


Posts: 1,935
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddo View Post
Hi

I would love to see the picture of the car from the side as I am trying to decide on what colour Harrop kit for my white M3 with black rims, leaning towards yellow. I am a member of Dave's M3 group on facebook. Dave is asking his contact at Harrop if they can do white for me. How did the brakes perform at Philip Island? March is our next track day at QR that Dave has organised so the new BBK will be installed by start of February I hope.

Thanks
Check out Chris's build thread for side on pics here:

http://www.bmwgarage.com.au/index.ph...he-orange-one/



If you do go with white, I recommend before installing them to treat them with some nanolex alloy sealer:

http://www.nanolex.com.au/category/p...alloy-sealant/

What you will find with this product is when applied the nano sealant provides a teflon slick glossy type finish and most of the grime can literally be hosed off with minimal shampooing required.

Also in maintaining the appearance of the brakes, I would reccomend this wheel brush that has soft scratch free bristles and makes cleaning brake calipers and inside the rims wheel wells a breeze:

http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/pr...na_wheel_brush

Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 08:00 AM   #60
Aussie M3ti
Racer
Australia
0

 
Drives: White 130i
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sydney Australia


Posts: 31
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post
Your tail lights will flash at a high rate as ABS starts to kick in, if your hazard lights come on you've got an electrical fault. Someone might have mistaken the rapid flashing of the tail lights for hazard lights. It's a normal function of the lights with or without BBK and I see it at the track all the time on M3s braking hard into corners. It's a good thing as it give the car behind excellent warning of heavy braking
Did you get a resolution on this? I had my M3 at Wakefield Park today and every time I came into the pits the hazard lights would come on as I slowed down to the 40 kph. Did it multiple times.

I also have the flashing brake lights, but this was a different issue as I turned off the hazards with the switch.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 04:24 PM   #61
DaveDee
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Australia
15


 
DaveDee's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 Edition M-DCT
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gold Coast Australia


Posts: 704
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Send a message via Skype™ to DaveDee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie M3ti View Post
Did you get a resolution on this? I had my M3 at Wakefield Park today and every time I came into the pits the hazard lights would come on as I slowed down to the 40 kph. Did it multiple times.

I also have the flashing brake lights, but this was a different issue as I turned off the hazards with the switch.


Updated photos of the brakes with the new Forgeline GA1R rims.
Attached Images
  
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2014, 07:16 PM   #62
leeb8
Private
0

 
Drives: BMW E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Melbourne


Posts: 54
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post


Updated photos of the brakes with the new Forgeline GA1R rims.

WANT !
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST