BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-04-2013, 01:16 AM   #45
Ur84wr
Private First Class
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Brisbane

Posts: 129
iTrader: (0)

this is awesome. Can't wait to see the final result.
Ur84wr is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #46
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
 
mkPOTO's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 528I
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 15,353
iTrader: (23)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur84wr View Post
this is awesome. Can't wait to see the final result.
thanks, buttoning up the car this weekend
__________________

EVOLVE BMW E92 M3
mkPOTO is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-13-2013, 11:53 PM   #47
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
 
mkPOTO's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 528I
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 15,353
iTrader: (23)

Garage List
Last night started on the wiring harness, not a good idea to work on a car when its freezing out ha.. But found what each pin does, will start wiring up the 360.3 this weekend, so close to being done!
__________________

EVOLVE BMW E92 M3
mkPOTO is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-21-2013, 03:59 PM   #48
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
 
mkPOTO's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 528I
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 15,353
iTrader: (23)

Garage List
Its been sometime since I updated this thread, here is what I have been doing. I have been messing around with my friends 3D scanner and 3D printer to come up with a PNP solution. I know there is the Technic solution but I want to build my own and also I plan on running wires to the center channel.

Here is the headache


Won't show off the plug until I get it 100 percent.

Wiring up the 360.3 this weekend, and will update with data from testing stock amp and 360.3
__________________

EVOLVE BMW E92 M3
mkPOTO is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2013, 08:35 PM   #49
Exclusivs
Major
 
Exclusivs's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: AZ

Posts: 1,054
iTrader: (16)

This is great!

Like you, audio was not on top priority mod list, but the Hifi system is just hard to deal with...

Keep us updated!
Exclusivs is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #50
Technic
Lieutenant General
 
Technic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2014 528i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 10,847
iTrader: (16)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exclusivs View Post
This is great!

Like you, audio was not on top priority mod list, but the EPS system is just hard to deal with...

Keep us updated!
Fixed.
__________________
-2015 F30 320i, Imperial/Oyster, 8AT: August 2014 ED
-2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black/Rust Brown, M-DCT: September 2011 ED
-2008 E90 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo, 6MT: Gone
-2007 MK5 GTI United Grey/Grey, DSG: Gone
-2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon, 6MT: Gone
Technic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-25-2013, 12:46 AM   #51
Exclusivs
Major
 
Exclusivs's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: AZ

Posts: 1,054
iTrader: (16)

I thought it was called hi-fi?

I don't have upgraded premium sound option
Exclusivs is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-25-2013, 01:16 AM   #52
Technic
Lieutenant General
 
Technic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2014 528i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 10,847
iTrader: (16)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exclusivs View Post
I thought it was called hi-fi?

I don't have upgraded premium sound option
What I meant was that the HiFi is the easiest and cheapest OEM system to upgrade. There is nothing "hard" in there as it is fully analog (inputs/outputs).

The EPS in the other hand is complex and much more expensive to upgrade
__________________
-2015 F30 320i, Imperial/Oyster, 8AT: August 2014 ED
-2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black/Rust Brown, M-DCT: September 2011 ED
-2008 E90 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo, 6MT: Gone
-2007 MK5 GTI United Grey/Grey, DSG: Gone
-2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon, 6MT: Gone
Technic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2013, 04:06 PM   #53
MasterD78
Private First Class
 
Drives: '08 E90 M3 JB/IR
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Salt Lake City

Posts: 140
iTrader: (3)

Any updates on this?
MasterD78 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2013, 04:47 PM   #54
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
 
mkPOTO's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 528I
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 15,353
iTrader: (23)

Garage List
sorry no, been really busy with work and been a bit sick. So haven't had to courage to get a space heater and heat up the garage. Will be completing it soon. Need to lol
__________________

EVOLVE BMW E92 M3
mkPOTO is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-16-2013, 08:30 PM   #55
Night Hawk
USAF/ Veteran/ F-16 Crew Chief
 
Night Hawk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 MR M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fort Walton Beach, Florida

Posts: 359
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Night Hawk Send a message via Yahoo to Night Hawk
So this is for the non EPS? I thought even the non EPS system had 8 speakers? (2 Tweeters, 2 Door Speakers, 2 rear speakers and 2 subs under the seat?) BTW, does the housing come off of the tweeters to fit into the stock housing? What are the sound improvements of this, comparatively speaking?
__________________

- Greg Professional Table Flipper
Night Hawk is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-01-2014, 01:50 PM   #56
mapleridge
Banned
 
Drives: E90 N52 AT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 2,681
iTrader: (4)

Tagged. Can't wait for updates.
mapleridge is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-01-2014, 02:04 PM   #57
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
 
mkPOTO's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 528I
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 15,353
iTrader: (23)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Hawk View Post
So this is for the non EPS? I thought even the non EPS system had 8 speakers? (2 Tweeters, 2 Door Speakers, 2 rear speakers and 2 subs under the seat?) BTW, does the housing come off of the tweeters to fit into the stock housing? What are the sound improvements of this, comparatively speaking?
this is non but works for all. I do have 2 tweeters, 2 door speaker and 2 rear. Currently they only come with 2 door speakers, 2 subwoofers and 2 tweeters. And they fit into the housing without any modifications.

My new years resolutions is to get a space heater and get that shit done
__________________

EVOLVE BMW E92 M3
mkPOTO is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2014, 01:22 AM   #58
admranger
First Lieutenant
 
admranger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 M3, 2005 X5, 2011 M3
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 353
iTrader: (0)

Still no space heater?
__________________
'11 E90 M3, Mebourne/Black/Fox Red/Black, 6MT, PP2, heated seats, moonroof, split folding rear seats, iPod/USB adapter, Technic harness, JL XD 6/600.
'02 E46M3, Imola/Black, 6MT, CWP, no sunroof, Ohlins, Eibachs, PFC DD rotors, PFC pads! HAT Clarus/Legatia speakers, 2 big amps in the back.
'05 X5 4.4i, Imola/Black, Premium, Cold, HAT Imagine 6.5's, Intravee iPod adapter
admranger is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2014, 02:17 AM   #59
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
 
mkPOTO's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 528I
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 15,353
iTrader: (23)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by admranger View Post
Still no space heater?
ha, that and been really busy with work, once it gets nicer I will get back to work. Have a ton of parts to put on
__________________

EVOLVE BMW E92 M3
mkPOTO is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-10-2014, 11:13 AM   #60
325rider
Zyzz Follower
 
Drives: '11 e90 M3 6mt
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Miami, Fl

Posts: 767
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkPOTO View Post
ha, that and been really busy with work, once it gets nicer I will get back to work. Have a ton of parts to put on
So, so far you have been running this setup with the stock amp? I am def not trying to install a new amp yet as I have NO idea what it would entail as far as work, compatibility, and custom wiring/connecting that may have to be done. However, at the price point, I would LOVE LOVE to change out the POS stock speakers for these MB Quart ones.

Your input is much appreciated! I am looking for brighter music as the Decibel level is cool with me on the OEM base system, but its so muddy and lacks clarity…

Thanks
__________________

Check out my YouTube Fitness Channel if your into that
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoz...XQVuG0se8cTpUQ
325rider is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-10-2014, 12:07 PM   #61
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
 
mkPOTO's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 528I
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 15,353
iTrader: (23)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325rider View Post
So, so far you have been running this setup with the stock amp? I am def not trying to install a new amp yet as I have NO idea what it would entail as far as work, compatibility, and custom wiring/connecting that may have to be done. However, at the price point, I would LOVE LOVE to change out the POS stock speakers for these MB Quart ones.

Your input is much appreciated! I am looking for brighter music as the Decibel level is cool with me on the OEM base system, but its so muddy and lacks clarity…

Thanks
Currently the car is running the upgraded speakers and stock amp. Because the car is wired up for speakers you can make connectors using stock wiring (you can find more info on here) It is a great upgrade but you can tell the difference between the stock speakers and the upgrade speakers. Currently looking at speakers to upgrade on the rear. I would highly recommend one day upgrading the amp
__________________

EVOLVE BMW E92 M3
mkPOTO is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-10-2014, 12:29 PM   #62
325rider
Zyzz Follower
 
Drives: '11 e90 M3 6mt
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Miami, Fl

Posts: 767
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkPOTO View Post
Currently the car is running the upgraded speakers and stock amp. Because the car is wired up for speakers you can make connectors using stock wiring (you can find more info on here) It is a great upgrade but you can tell the difference between the stock speakers and the upgrade speakers. Currently looking at speakers to upgrade on the rear. I would highly recommend one day upgrading the amp
Okay great. I was honestly just going to have a nice shop do this install as I hate wiring and have never done it really (just watched my older brother do it and it looked like a PITA)…

Thats exciting to hear the speakers are a nice upgrade. It replaces the front 2-ways and the underseat speakers?? Looks GREAT!:thump:

PS: Do the speakers come with crossovers or are they plug and play? IF not, what handles the "crossover" job, the OEM amp?

I see you got the RM740 amp… is that what you are planning to run with the speakers? It looks like a 5 channel amp so IDK what your goals are with that… lmk please
__________________

Check out my YouTube Fitness Channel if your into that
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoz...XQVuG0se8cTpUQ
325rider is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2014, 11:35 PM   #63
admranger
First Lieutenant
 
admranger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 M3, 2005 X5, 2011 M3
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 353
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325rider View Post
Okay great. I was honestly just going to have a nice shop do this install as I hate wiring and have never done it really (just watched my older brother do it and it looked like a PITA)…

Thats exciting to hear the speakers are a nice upgrade. It replaces the front 2-ways and the underseat speakers?? Looks GREAT!:thump:

PS: Do the speakers come with crossovers or are they plug and play? IF not, what handles the "crossover" job, the OEM amp?

I see you got the RM740 amp… is that what you are planning to run with the speakers? It looks like a 5 channel amp so IDK what your goals are with that… lmk please
Box says it comes with crossovers...



As far as adding an amp, it's easy-peasy with Technic's harness. Get his harness and an amp that can take balanced inputs and you are golden.
__________________
'11 E90 M3, Mebourne/Black/Fox Red/Black, 6MT, PP2, heated seats, moonroof, split folding rear seats, iPod/USB adapter, Technic harness, JL XD 6/600.
'02 E46M3, Imola/Black, 6MT, CWP, no sunroof, Ohlins, Eibachs, PFC DD rotors, PFC pads! HAT Clarus/Legatia speakers, 2 big amps in the back.
'05 X5 4.4i, Imola/Black, Premium, Cold, HAT Imagine 6.5's, Intravee iPod adapter
admranger is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2014, 12:03 PM   #64
325rider
Zyzz Follower
 
Drives: '11 e90 M3 6mt
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Miami, Fl

Posts: 767
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by admranger View Post
Box says it comes with crossovers...



As far as adding an amp, it's easy-peasy with Technic's harness. Get his harness and an amp that can take balanced inputs and you are golden.
GREAT info! Thank you very much. Any way you/your source can hook me up on price for these parts? PM me if so
__________________

Check out my YouTube Fitness Channel if your into that
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoz...XQVuG0se8cTpUQ
325rider is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-03-2014, 04:51 AM   #65
ottoblotto
///M-Flight Bavaria
 
ottoblotto's Avatar
 
Drives: E90M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Im around

Posts: 1,189
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2010 BMW X5  [0.00]
2011.75 BMW M3 E90  [5.00]
MkPoto, do you know what size the rear deck speakers are and if MBQuart is making a speaker thatll drop in there?

I checked with Crutchfield.com and they are showing 4" as drop ins. I found the MB Quart ONX110 but I dont know the specs for them and if they will cross over correctly with the ones in the front AND if they will fit with the grille. They are extremely cheap compared to the front three ways but Im wanting to stay with the same manufacturer on the midbass/mids/highs. Also, trying to keep the stealth/factory look install. Eventually getting the sub setup going. Anyway, your thoughts on this?
__________________
"With great power comes great responsibility." -El-Superbeasto
ottoblotto is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      03-03-2014, 11:06 AM   #66
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
 
mkPOTO's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 528I
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 15,353
iTrader: (23)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoblotto View Post
MkPoto, do you know what size the rear deck speakers are and if MBQuart is making a speaker thatll drop in there?

I checked with Crutchfield.com and they are showing 4" as drop ins. I found the MB Quart ONX110 but I dont know the specs for them and if they will cross over correctly with the ones in the front AND if they will fit with the grille. They are extremely cheap compared to the front three ways but Im wanting to stay with the same manufacturer on the midbass/mids/highs. Also, trying to keep the stealth/factory look install. Eventually getting the sub setup going. Anyway, your thoughts on this?
I will actually be meeting with MB Quart about the rears, I noticed during my install that the rears are starting to top out and I told them I want to do the full rear setup as well. They told me to come in and they would provide me with the best solution. I agree with sitting with the same company, and will have a update after my meeting with them
__________________

EVOLVE BMW E92 M3
mkPOTO is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST