BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Lux Angel Eyes

11-23-2013, 01:23 AM   #89
speedaddictM3
Banned

Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garissimo View Post
this is menacing in a primordial sort of way:

not really. It just looks like a squished Beetle, just like all other 911 for the last half century.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS View Post
the Nissan enthusiasts are feeling very left out and let down by Nissan lacking in the cheaper rwd dept.
370z?
      11-23-2013, 07:54 PM   #90
GabeS
Crazy!

Drives: E93 M3/S14 SRT 10 viper swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedaddictM3 View Post

370z?
I meant cars to rival the FRS/genesis/miata/etc..and even the 370z even though higher priced is just one.
      11-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #91
imserious
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2010 E90M LMB

Gotta say the new porsche turbo s is starting to look the part. Wider, flatter, more exotic.

Previous turbo's didn't look much different than the run of the mill porsche just cost a whole lot more.

GTR on the other hand is as odd as usual. This latest iteration looking more ugly, but faster. Yes it has presence because of its proportions and bold design, but it has never been obviously pretty.
      11-25-2013, 11:37 AM   #92
Groundpilot
Major

Drives: 135I DCT , e92 M3 DCT, Audi A6

Send a message via ICQ to Groundpilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by krnnerdboy View Post
Well put! In fact if I had to race(time attack)somebody for money on the track, I'd pick the gtr over my gt3 on most tracks.
What year is your GT3? I thought that GT3 was faster than GTR in stock form on most tracks

David
Groundpilot is offline   United_States
      11-25-2013, 12:24 PM   #93
Sapper_M3
Lieutenant

Drives: 2012 E92 M3, ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundpilot View Post
What year is your GT3? I thought that GT3 was faster than GTR in stock form on most tracks
...but not as easy to drive fast around the track.
Sapper_M3 is online now   United_States
      11-25-2013, 01:01 PM   #94
longuyen88
Private First Class

Drives: Non-BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper_M3 View Post
...but not as easy to drive fast around the track.
sometimes it pays to work harder
      11-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #95
Groundpilot
Major

Drives: 135I DCT , e92 M3 DCT, Audi A6

Send a message via ICQ to Groundpilot
I have never driven gt3 or c6 z06 on the track, but with my 135i or m3 i beat them most of the time..... Untill i go against them that are well driven. Then, there is no contest. They leave me in the dust

David
Groundpilot is offline   United_States
      12-16-2013, 01:42 PM   #96
mattixxg
MKIV

Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
wow. i don't know what's more crazy. that insane lap time. Or how Nissan can, for the price Porsche would charge for their run of the mill twin turbo Beetle, offer a track beast that can keep up with >$1million hypercars, yet all the snobbish idiots here think of is how "ugly" it is. Excuse me?????

How many of you would not give their left nuts for one of these:

Orange wheels? Ginormous rear wing with orange tips? Orange front bumper insert? Orange mirror caps? Orange racing stripes ending in a large obnoxious "GT3RS" logo on either side of the car? Orange seatbelts and door handle straps? How is any of this not ugly and boy racer style?

Wake me up when the "ultimate driving machine" company makes anything that's worthy of licking the dust of the GTR Nismo's tires.
Wow..Touche'

Quote:
So what else matters besides numbers? And if numbers don't matter, then why do all car manufactureres besides Nissan spend millions of dollars testing their cars on various tracks to make sure they are the fastest? Why did Pagani cheat and put racing tires on the Huayra for the Top Gear Powerlap? Why does Ferrari carefully rig any comparison test by car journalists to make sure their cars are the fastest? Just read what Chris harris said a couple of years ago about Ferrari's antics for example.

I'm so glad I don't go to any BMW car meets or associate with the BMW "community" given all the snobbish idiots on this forum. If it was BMW or Porsche that did this lap time on the Ring everyone would be having an orgasm and leaving white stains on their keyboards. But because it was a lowly Nissan that did it, all the idiots are looking for ways to diss the car and dismiss its accomplishments.

Nissan deserves nothing but a big for their efforts. While Nissan was lighting up the Ring in those 7 minutes, our friends at a certain "ultimate driving machine" company were debating how many M badges they would need to put on non-M cars to peel people's eyes away from staring at the inflated sticker price on the windshield.
Agreed 100 percent. Took the words out of my mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzzyGray View Post
No need to clump everyone into the snobbish BMW community. No one is saying it's not an accomplishment, but a few are saying (IN THEIR OPINION), the looks don't do it for them. Don't take it so defensively. Frankly I don't mind the looks of the GTR. It's probably not the car I'd take to a suit/tie kind of meeting/event but I wouldn't kick it out of bed either.

And people will nitpick about their own brands as well. Look at how many don't like the M3/M4 even though its numbers are supposed to be better than the outgoing M3. And these are coming from rabid BMW fans.
That's just disgusting. People can be such idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfl View Post
Actually the 2 second 0-60 was a rumor and seems to not be confirmed or even hinted at by NISMO or NISSAN. I think the 0-60 will not change much from the '14 DBA's timing... maybe .1 or .2 quicker max.
I heard this also. Not sure if its confirmed either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
I'm a bmw owner a little bit of a snob and white.
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archiebabes View Post
Ugly you say? It looks sexy to me.
This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsal View Post
I see what you did there...
Its JUST a GTR?
Please explain to me what "Just" a GTR means?
That's definitely a first.
Ive heard its just a Nissan but this?
      12-16-2013, 02:24 PM   #97
mattixxg
MKIV

Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
So what else matters besides numbers? And if numbers don't matter, then why do all car manufactureres besides Nissan spend millions of dollars testing their cars on various tracks to make sure they are the fastest? Why did Pagani cheat and put racing tires on the Huayra for the Top Gear Powerlap? Why does Ferrari carefully rig any comparison test by car journalists to make sure their cars are the fastest? Just read what Chris harris said a couple of years ago about Ferrari's antics for example.

I'm so glad I don't go to any BMW car meets or associate with the BMW "community" given all the snobbish idiots on this forum. If it was BMW or Porsche that did this lap time on the Ring everyone would be having an orgasm and leaving white stains on their keyboards. But because it was a lowly Nissan that did it, all the idiots are looking for ways to diss the car and dismiss its accomplishments.

Nissan deserves nothing but a big for their efforts. While Nissan was lighting up the Ring in those 7 minutes, our friends at a certain "ultimate driving machine" company were debating how many M badges they would need to put on non-M cars to peel people's eyes away from staring at the inflated sticker price on the windshield.
Yeah I don't get the snobbiness either really. Its funny as hell when you think about it considering how much does a GTR cost now vs an M3?
      12-16-2013, 02:56 PM   #98
NYCM3ryder
Razzor

Drives: JB E90 M3

wow... forget how it looks the performance is amazing. it doesnt look that bad. i would so drive this lol..

2011 E90, 6 speed, technology package, black 220 rims , EDC, moon roof, matt black grills, matte side grills, 15% carbon tints, carbon fiber M pedals, ACS roof wing, IND painted reflectors, mfest black gloss m3badges, Mfest side window stickers, Tuner MS 15mm spacers, Carbon fiber M foot pedals, MS air filter, RPI air scoops, euro switch mod
NYCM3ryder is offline   United_States
      12-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #99
F1Venom
Captain

Drives: ZCP E90 M3

This car's a beast, I don't care what anyone says.