BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum
 
Stick to Clutch
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-26-2013, 08:47 AM   #23
EvenSteven
Banned
 
EvenSteven's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 m3
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: United States

Posts: 400
iTrader: (0)

Two weeks and several ignored pointed requests for an update, I still have no idea when my lip will get here. I don't want to wait anymore, so I'm starting a claim with paypal and my credit card company for fraudulent charges.
EvenSteven is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2013, 11:39 AM   #24
MasterD78
Private First Class
 
Drives: '08 E90 M3 JB/IR
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Salt Lake City

Posts: 140
iTrader: (3)

I sent mine back, and he called me when he got it. Haven't heard anything from him since. Have you tried calling hime EvenSteven? I have realized he doesn't respond to emails ever!
MasterD78 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-30-2013, 09:56 PM   #25
626m3
Private First Class
 
Drives: e92 m3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: pasadena

Posts: 131
iTrader: (0)

Folks, I can vouch for Oshin all day. Recently ordered a R-CRT non street lip. Everything, once again, was exactly to the tee. I have dealt with Revinora on several occasions in the past and not once have I had a issue. Not once!Keep in mind these products are not mass produced for him to pull of the shelf and ship out. They are custom made to our specifications, therefore patience is the key here. Good luck and hang in their, its totally worth the wait!
626m3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2013, 12:31 AM   #26
EvenSteven
Banned
 
EvenSteven's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 m3
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: United States

Posts: 400
iTrader: (0)

They finally provided a return label and a tracking number for the replacement. We'll see on Tuesday when it gets here.
EvenSteven is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2013, 12:44 AM   #27
NELSON.MLGB
Captain
 
NELSON.MLGB's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E92 JB M3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary,AB

Posts: 641
iTrader: (3)

I bought my lip from them a while back, they even did free express shipping for me without extra charge, I called from Canada, and they picked my call within 10 seconds. To me that is some excellent customer service right there. Do not judge a company by just a single purchase, that is just dumb. Sometimes there are some stupid buyers out there too.
NELSON.MLGB is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2013, 08:30 PM   #28
Wendall
***Major MammelToe
 
Wendall's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 SG coupe
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orange County, CA

Posts: 1,146
iTrader: (3)

When I bought my Revinora street crt lip it took about 2 months to arrive and the fitment was not good. After being mounted professionally it had ripples on the mount area of the lip. I wouldnt buy again.
__________________
E92 M3 SG DCT - AA Filter, Verstraβe Paddles, ECS SS, MH race stud, Stoptech BBK, MR Exhaust,RE Pulley, BPM Tune,Euro bumper and GTS lip, Euro MDM & DCT, KW CS, Recaro PP, TMS Soild Diff Mounts, MRF solid subframe mounts, GTS aero, RPM track built motor.

Wendall is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-03-2013, 05:22 PM   #29
EvenSteven
Banned
 
EvenSteven's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 m3
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: United States

Posts: 400
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggynuts01 View Post
When I bought my Revinora street crt lip it took about 2 months to arrive and the fitment was not good. After being mounted professionally it had ripples on the mount area of the lip. I wouldnt buy again.
I am beginning to question their understanding of an acceptable level of quality control. After the numerous pits and bubbles of my first lip, Oshin assured me he would personally examine the replacement lip. Well, this one is even worse... of course, these flaws are only noticeable on close examination, and at this point I'm so fed up with this whole ordeal I'd be tempted to just take it as is.

However, the main reason I asked for a replacement lip in the first place is because instead of sending me a twill pattern carbon fiber, they had send me 1x1. Well, the replacement has a twill pattern, but it's vertical.

I've never seen anything quite like it, and it actually doesn't look half bad, but the whole point of a twill pattern is to go /// not |||. I'm somewhat unsure how to react, I really like how the street chin looks, but after all this and multiple threads talking about fitment...


edited: contacted Oshin, as always he is super helpful and cool on the phone, offered to make me another one, but I opted for a full refund. I'll be away from the car for over a month, and my flight leaves Thursday, so I don't have time for this. When I come back, I'll consider ordering from Revinora again. That, or I'll buy one of those Chinese knock-offs of the GTS lip.

Last edited by EvenSteven; 12-03-2013 at 06:00 PM.
EvenSteven is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-04-2013, 07:29 PM   #30
MasterD78
Private First Class
 
Drives: '08 E90 M3 JB/IR
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Salt Lake City

Posts: 140
iTrader: (3)

Oshin said he would get it fixed up for me, and that has been a couple weeks now. I'm sorely disappointed at this point and actually just emailed him to get a full refund. But again, it was an email so that means it probably won't get a response. His phone just went straight to voicemail and it was just the generic answering machine. HMMM
MasterD78 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2013, 02:07 AM   #31
rev9k
Banned
 
Drives: e90 m3
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: FL

Posts: 321
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenSteven View Post
I am beginning to question their understanding of an acceptable level of quality control. After the numerous pits and bubbles of my first lip, Oshin assured me he would personally examine the replacement lip. Well, this one is even worse... of course, these flaws are only noticeable on close examination, and at this point I'm so fed up with this whole ordeal I'd be tempted to just take it as is.

However, the main reason I asked for a replacement lip in the first place is because instead of sending me a twill pattern carbon fiber, they had send me 1x1. Well, the replacement has a twill pattern, but it's vertical.

I've never seen anything quite like it, and it actually doesn't look half bad, but the whole point of a twill pattern is to go /// not |||. I'm somewhat unsure how to react, I really like how the street chin looks, but after all this and multiple threads talking about fitment...


edited: contacted Oshin, as always he is super helpful and cool on the phone, offered to make me another one, but I opted for a full refund. I'll be away from the car for over a month, and my flight leaves Thursday, so I don't have time for this. When I come back, I'll consider ordering from Revinora again. That, or I'll buy one of those Chinese knock-offs of the GTS lip.


Damn you're a better man than me; do yourself a favor and walk away.. buy the chinese rep
rev9k is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2013, 09:45 AM   #32
EvenSteven
Banned
 
EvenSteven's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 m3
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: United States

Posts: 400
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev9k View Post
Damn you're a better man than me; do yourself a favor and walk away.. buy the chinese rep
Eh, I decided not to do that, either. There is no recourse for returning that lip if it is messed up. Even if they give you a refund, you still eat ~$250 in shipping charges. I decided to go with Mode Carbon. According to Sam, they've extended their Black Friday/Cyber Monday pricing until this Friday, so it works out to only a couple of hundred bucks more than the Chinese stuff. I have been hard-pressed to find a negative review for their products, and everyone lauds the smoothness of the clear coat and uniformity of the weave.

I might give Revinora a chance in the future because at the end of the day they did everything they could to make me happy, and although I wasn't satisfied with the pieces, I like their designs and may give them a shot in the future. The whole issue would have probably resolved far faster if I just called directly every time, but who uses phones to talk on these days?

I don't know why Revinora is so terrible with their emails and so awesome over the phone, but they need to buy Oshin a smartphone with a gmail app, for real.
EvenSteven is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2013, 12:55 PM   #33
rev9k
Banned
 
Drives: e90 m3
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: FL

Posts: 321
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenSteven View Post
Eh, I decided not to do that, either. There is no recourse for returning that lip if it is messed up. Even if they give you a refund, you still eat ~$250 in shipping charges. I decided to go with Mode Carbon. According to Sam, they've extended their Black Friday/Cyber Monday pricing until this Friday, so it works out to only a couple of hundred bucks more than the Chinese stuff. I have been hard-pressed to find a negative review for their products, and everyone lauds the smoothness of the clear coat and uniformity of the weave.

I might give Revinora a chance in the future because at the end of the day they did everything they could to make me happy, and although I wasn't satisfied with the pieces, I like their designs and may give them a shot in the future. The whole issue would have probably resolved far faster if I just called directly every time, but who uses phones to talk on these days?

I don't know why Revinora is so terrible with their emails and so awesome over the phone, but they need to buy Oshin a smartphone with a gmail app, for real.


you're crazy for putting up with that BS one time!!! let alone multiple. Who cares how good they are over the phone, if you give them money you want a product plain and simple.

Should've went w/ a chinese rep (where do you think most vendors are getting them ) I'm still waiting for a vendor to show me their carbon layup process done "in-house"

IMO I would rather save a few bucks on a lip that's disposable
rev9k is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #34
EvenSteven
Banned
 
EvenSteven's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 m3
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: United States

Posts: 400
iTrader: (0)

Well the bottom portion of the GTS lip that takes most of the abuse can be replaced for $50. That is if I don't decide to paint it gloss black as an accent that will be easy to touch up.
EvenSteven is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-08-2013, 12:32 PM   #35
MasterD78
Private First Class
 
Drives: '08 E90 M3 JB/IR
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Salt Lake City

Posts: 140
iTrader: (3)

Still no word from Oshin, and I think I'm going to call my credit card company and dispute the charges. This is ridiculous!
MasterD78 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2014, 12:47 AM   #36
jjcabigting
New Member
 
jjcabigting's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Palm Springs CA

Posts: 9
iTrader: (0)

I've ordered a diffuser and a R-CRT Front Chin for my e90. Got them on time, with no problems. Oshin was very helpful with my orders. The fittings on my diffuser and front chin came out just fine, and also it depends on who's installing it. There could be a wait for some orders because they are made to fit well on our cars. Highly recommend Revinora!
jjcabigting is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2014, 10:36 PM   #37
Detroit M3
Major
 
Detroit M3's Avatar
 
Drives: Murdered E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bloomfield Hills

Posts: 1,089
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD78 View Post
Still no word from Oshin, and I think I'm going to call my credit card company and dispute the charges. This is ridiculous!
Definitely dispute the charge. Amex takes care of it right away, not sure what you used
__________________
E92. ModeCarbon. iND. eisenmann. ACM Test Pipe. BPM Sport. KW.
Detroit M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2014, 04:02 PM   #38
bim14
BIMMM3R
 
bim14's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 JZB/FR e92 m3 ZCP 6mt
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York

Posts: 481
iTrader: (2)

As far as picking up calls/replying to e-mails i havent had a problem with them. However, I ordered my lip sometime around the first week of January, and was told it would ship out in 1.5-2 weeks upon completion of production. So I waited, and waited and got absolutely no information on a tracking number or the product physically being shipped. I then called again, and was told that there was a defect in the production process so they are making me a new one, and I was very understanding cuz things happen sometimes. So, after waiting I call and ask what the deal is with my lip, and they said it was almost done and would ship at the end of the week via expedited shipping. So here comes monday of this week and I call again, and they told me it shipped.....and he even gave me a tracking number. So I check out the tracking number numerous times, but it keeps saying invalid tracking number. I then call them, and they said they would find out whats going on for me, it happens that the shipping company "lost the product." All in all I guess I just have bad luck with the company, I wish i had gotten that r-crt lip for my M, but at this point it makes life easier to just get my refund.
bim14 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2014, 05:02 PM   #39
dpgfunk
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: SoCal

Posts: 253
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bim14 View Post
As far as picking up calls/replying to e-mails i havent had a problem with them. However, I ordered my lip sometime around the first week of January, and was told it would ship out in 1.5-2 weeks upon completion of production. So I waited, and waited and got absolutely no information on a tracking number or the product physically being shipped. I then called again, and was told that there was a defect in the production process so they are making me a new one, and I was very understanding cuz things happen sometimes. So, after waiting I call and ask what the deal is with my lip, and they said it was almost done and would ship at the end of the week via expedited shipping. So here comes monday of this week and I call again, and they told me it shipped.....and he even gave me a tracking number. So I check out the tracking number numerous times, but it keeps saying invalid tracking number. I then call them, and they said they would find out whats going on for me, it happens that the shipping company "lost the product." All in all I guess I just have bad luck with the company, I wish i had gotten that r-crt lip for my M, but at this point it makes life easier to just get my refund.
It's not your bad luck. Revinora's "customer service" just sucks fat balls.
dpgfunk is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST