BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #1
Havok_2011
Havok_2011's Avatar
Canada
58
Rep
3,018
Posts

 
Drives: Alpine White 2011 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (7)

Video/Audio Clips: OEM Muffler Mod and Eisenmann Exhaust with Challenge X-pipe

For those interested in sound clips. Here is my car....

.... with OEM Exhaust mod done at StreetXtreme Automotive:



.... with Eisenmann Race Exhaust and Challenge Sport X-pipe with High Cats

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #2
///M Power-Belgium
Brigadier General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
66
Rep
3,926
Posts

 
Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

To be honest and not because that i have the Oem.exhaust mod.too...
For me personal the Oem. exhaust mod. sounds better .
Now.. before i did the Oem.exhaust mod.by myself i test drove with Akrapovic and ///M Perfomance exhaust and said to myself first i will do the mod. and than i will see and hear !
It was not a question of $$$$ in my case but after the first startup i was already sure ..
I will keep my exhaust with the mod. of the 2 large perforated pipe replaced...fore sure !
It costs me $10-15 USD and the sound of it in one word......perfect !
To OP ...i think the video is also the 2 pipe method. right ?
And sure i have respect for titanium and Inconel ...but for the sound i keep mine !
BTW...sound is very personal.......
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT software update & Servotronic & coding///Alpine HID Angeleyes///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 11-14-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2013, 11:53 AM   #3
///M Power-Belgium
Brigadier General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
66
Rep
3,926
Posts

 
Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Mmmmm...strange is this,no more comments on this ?
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT software update & Servotronic & coding///Alpine HID Angeleyes///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2013, 09:44 PM   #4
Thik
Private First Class
6
Rep
144
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 Space Grey E92 M3 6spd
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

The OEM exhaust in the first video, was it perforated method or the bypass method? Do you still have the old OEM exhaust now that you have Eisenmann Race?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2013, 08:30 AM   #5
sylonien
Major
United Kingdom
17
Rep
1,246
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow

iTrader: (0)

Does the 'Eisenmann Race Exhaust and Challenge Sport X-pipe with High Cats' drone in any RPMs?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 06:00 PM   #6
Havok_2011
Havok_2011's Avatar
Canada
58
Rep
3,018
Posts

 
Drives: Alpine White 2011 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylonien View Post
Does the 'Eisenmann Race Exhaust and Challenge Sport X-pipe with High Cats' drone in any RPMs?
There is no drone. Often people make the mistake of getting the Race X-pipe, which is around $500 cheaper, and you get drone. I get no drone, its worth the extra money for the sport x-pipe with high cats....worth every penny.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 06:01 PM   #7
Havok_2011
Havok_2011's Avatar
Canada
58
Rep
3,018
Posts

 
Drives: Alpine White 2011 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thik View Post
The OEM exhaust in the first video, was it perforated method or the bypass method? Do you still have the old OEM exhaust now that you have Eisenmann Race?
It was the perforated method - meaning cut out the two perforated pipes and put in solid ones.

I have my modded OEM set up in storage.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 06:03 PM   #8
Havok_2011
Havok_2011's Avatar
Canada
58
Rep
3,018
Posts

 
Drives: Alpine White 2011 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
To be honest and not because that i have the Oem.exhaust mod.too...
For me personal the Oem. exhaust mod. sounds better .
Now.. before i did the Oem.exhaust mod.by myself i test drove with Akrapovic and ///M Perfomance exhaust and said to myself first i will do the mod. and than i will see and hear !
It was not a question of $$$$ in my case but after the first startup i was already sure ..
I will keep my exhaust with the mod. of the 2 large perforated pipe replaced...fore sure !
It costs me $10-15 USD and the sound of it in one word......perfect !
To OP ...i think the video is also the 2 pipe method. right ?
And sure i have respect for titanium and Inconel ...but for the sound i keep mine !
BTW...sound is very personal.......

Hey no worries! I loved the OEM modded sound as well...but I love my current setup and gains even more....but its all personal preference at the end of the day.

The OEM mod done was replacing the perforated pipes with two solid pipes. That's it.

At the shop another member got the Akropovic exhaust installed, my setup sounds way better....again though, personal opinion. I just love the deep exotic sound of my car now.

Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 06:24 PM   #9
///M Power-Belgium
Brigadier General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
66
Rep
3,926
Posts

 
Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok_2011 View Post
Hey no worries! I loved the OEM modded sound as well...but I love my current setup and gains even more....but its all personal preference at the end of the day.

The OEM mod done was replacing the perforated pipes with two solid pipes. That's it.

At the shop another member got the Akropovic exhaust installed, my setup sounds way better....again though, personal opinion. I just love the deep exotic sound of my car now.

True...sound is very personal,like i said too !
BTW...i like the look of the Eisenmann exhaust it looks way better than the ugly muffler of the Oem exhaust ,and the quality is top !
But i like the double walled tips of the Oem exhaust and actualy the diameter is a bit to small !
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT software update & Servotronic & coding///Alpine HID Angeleyes///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2014, 03:15 PM   #10
Havok_2011
Havok_2011's Avatar
Canada
58
Rep
3,018
Posts

 
Drives: Alpine White 2011 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (7)

Bumping this up as a person messaged me on facebook about the exhaust set up, and I directed him to these forums.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2014, 12:10 AM   #11
ldinadis
New Member
ldinadis's Avatar
0
Rep
20
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 Interlagos Blue M3
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

To me there is no question the eissenman sounds the best here. I don't like the mod... it just sounds stock but louder. the tone doesn't sound right. The Eissenman is so loud though... I don't think I could handle it for daily driving.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST