BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
PYSPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-15-2013, 06:50 PM   #111
b-thumper
Atlantic != Atlantis
United_States
3
Rep
103
Posts

 
Drives: E46 / E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chevy Chase, MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
If you are talking about this car ( http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=769238 ), it's a respray. Not only that, I don't think it's a correct Techno Violet formula. It's just way too "metallicky".

Here is a 335i Techno Violet for comparison.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163546
Honestly, I think the respray is 100% color-correct. It's just that the photos he posted (in the thread you linked) are HEAVY on the HDR. In direct sunlight, Technoviolet has a TON of metallic flake in it, but HDR makes the colors look very unrealistic. My stepmother used to have an E36 in the color and I've spent more than a few hours in it (and detailing it).

Here are some recent pics of that Techno Violet car in more accurate lighting:







__________________
'05 M3 ZCP (OEM CSL Goodness) / '02 S4 (OEM RS4 Goodness) / '12 A4 Avant (Stock....ish)

E92 M3 - Atlantic......errrr....Atlantis Metallic
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 08:41 PM   #112
SickFinga
Private First Class
3
Rep
164
Posts

 
Drives: *
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emKel View Post
Nice data, always wondered how many other Individual Phoenix Yellow were out there.
In case you are wondering about E46 M3 Phoenix Yellow Individual, there were 9 Coupes and 6 Convertibles ordered through BMW Individual.

Also, E46 M3 leather is Nappa, not Novillo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosborn78108 View Post
Of the Frozen Limited Edition of 150, how many were Frozen Blue?
54

Canada also had Frozen Limited Edition, 40 cars were built, but we got an additional color, Frozen Dark Blue.

Out of 40 Canadian Frozen Limited Edition, 14 were Frozen Blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-thumper View Post
Honestly, I think the respray is 100% color-correct. It's just that the photos he posted (in the thread you linked) are HEAVY on the HDR. In direct sunlight, Technoviolet has a TON of metallic flake in it, but HDR makes the colors look very unrealistic. My stepmother used to have an E36 in the color and I've spent more than a few hours in it (and detailing it).

Here are some recent pics of that Techno Violet car in more accurate lighting:
I guess you are right. It is really hard to judge true color from the photos.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #113
OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
OC ///M's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,820
Posts

 
Drives: Moonstone e92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (0)

Thank you for posting this useful data Signes & SickFinga!

As an owner of one of the few LCI E92 X04's I was curious as to the exact stat of US only...Is this possible to find?

Intersting that there were zero US/CAN Moonstone Metallic pre-LCI E92's...



^ fellow member NAZ's car is pretty rare (2nd from left) Photo courtesy of Booforty taken at a meet in the UK back in '09. Would you also happen to have the ROW color stats by chance?
__________________
OC ///M

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB

Last edited by OC ///M; 08-26-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 03:57 PM   #114
signes
Brigadier General
signes's Avatar
United_States
63
Rep
4,214
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Spinnin at 8k

iTrader: (3)

Color stats are US/Canada only. That ^^^ E92 is not a North American car... - UK?
__________________
08 E90 | Jet Black / Black | 6MT
Mods: RAC RG63 w/ Pirelli Corsa 255F/285R | Akrapovic Evo Exhaust | OEM Blacklines
Winter Setup: OEM 18s w/ Nokian Hakkapeliita R 245/40-18
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 04:24 PM   #115
OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
OC ///M's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,820
Posts

 
Drives: Moonstone e92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (0)

^ Thank you signes. Yes, see my note below the photo.

I caught the US/CAN designation on the spreadsheet and edited my last-just too slow on the draw.

Are ROW stats on color available?
__________________
OC ///M

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #116
srtoad4
Private First Class
6
Rep
186
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 E60 M5 / 2008 E93 M3
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ

iTrader: (1)

Happy to be he new owner of an 08 Sparkling Graphite / DCT / E93!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 05:09 AM   #117
jtodd_fl
First Lieutenant
jtodd_fl's Avatar
3
Rep
350
Posts

 
Drives: 11' e92 M3 ZCP // Jerez Black
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [4.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Hey there. New member. Just upgraded from 07 335i e92 to 11 M3 e92. Such a difference. So, to revive this thread, is it possible to get a breakdown by options as well? This is awesome information, but I am curious how many e92 m3s had the competition package (in Jerez Black... With M-DCT). Basically, would love the raw data to slice and dice! Thanks for great forum.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2013, 07:32 AM   #118
RMBrock
New Member
0
Rep
26
Posts

 
Drives: '11 e90, JB, Bamboo, ZCP
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Any data on e90 exterior colors with various interior color options? Seems '11 e90 in Jerez exterior with Bamboo interior, DCT and ZCP would be quite rare, no? Thanks for all the data breakdown.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 11:00 PM   #119
Curt2000
Colonel
Curt2000's Avatar
United_States
70
Rep
2,566
Posts

 
Drives: '13 ///M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sin City

iTrader: (24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Matthew View Post
Thank you for the clarification!
Phew I'm glad I read into this thread I was pretty bummed to see 22 listed after I was told by a good source that there were only 8 of us, guess I will have to caviate "in the U.S."...dang Canadians diluting the market lol...I kidd I kidd


Signes,
Am I reading correctly that there were significantly more cars with moonroofs ordered than without? I would have though the CF roof was the more desirable option.

Is there any data on speed cloth #s??
Thanks for posting this!
__________________

Current Car: '13 SANTORINI BLUE E92///M3--6MT/Speed Cloth/ZCP (ED Thread)
Former Cars:'10 E90 335i MSport / '07 Interlagos ///M5 / '09 135i / '10 E93 335i
Instagram: @C2KMotorsports

Last edited by Curt2000; 10-08-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 01:46 AM   #120
SickFinga
Private First Class
3
Rep
164
Posts

 
Drives: *
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Hey there. New member. Just upgraded from 07 335i e92 to 11 M3 e92. Such a difference. So, to revive this thread, is it possible to get a breakdown by options as well? This is awesome information, but I am curious how many e92 m3s had the competition package (in Jerez Black... With M-DCT). Basically, would love the raw data to slice and dice! Thanks for great forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMBrock View Post
Any data on e90 exterior colors with various interior color options? Seems '11 e90 in Jerez exterior with Bamboo interior, DCT and ZCP would be quite rare, no? Thanks for all the data breakdown.

It is possible, but not really feasible. 10 colors and 10 upholsteries make 100 different variations. Now, for those car you want to know how many had an option and how many didn't, that's 200 variations and another options and it makes 400 possibilities. There is no way to make it readable. At least I don't see one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt2000 View Post
Phew I'm glad I read into this thread I was pretty bummed to see 22 listed after I was told by a good source that there were only 8 of us, guess I will have to caviate "in the U.S."...dang Canadians diluting the market lol...I kidd I kidd


Signes,
Am I reading correctly that there were significantly more cars with moonroofs ordered than without? I would have though the CF roof was the more desirable option.

Is there any data on speed cloth #s??
Thanks for posting this!

The moonroof breakdown is for the E90 M3 which did not have carbon fiber roof.

As for Speed Cloth

2008 BMW M3 Sedan (VA93) - NA - 49
2009-2011 BMW M3 Sedan LCI (PM93) - NA - 209
2008-2010 BMW M3 Coupe (WD93) - NA - 226
2011-2013 BMW M3 Coupe Facelift (KG93) - NA - 478


P.S. On October 2nd the last E93 M3 rolled off the assembly line.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 11:34 AM   #121
Ikendiken
Private First Class
Ikendiken's Avatar
1
Rep
125
Posts

 
Drives: '13 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
It is possible, but not really feasible. 10 colors and 10 upholsteries make 100 different variations. ... There is no way to make it readable. At least I don't see one.
First off, a big, fat thank you for putting this data together. I do a lot of data analysis and know how much work it can be especially if the source isn't in the greatest shape. My guess is you've put in more time into this than you imagined you would, but I, and others, really enjoy seeing it. So thanks.

Tableau has a public version should you make the data public. Easy to use data analysis and visualization tool. Show a geographical map of color and model. See option choices change over time. All simple to do. Would be a fun project for someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
P.S. On October 2nd the last E93 M3 rolled off the assembly line.
RIP E9X
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2013, 08:05 AM   #122
jtodd_fl
First Lieutenant
jtodd_fl's Avatar
3
Rep
350
Posts

 
Drives: 11' e92 M3 ZCP // Jerez Black
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [4.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Agree. Thanks for all the analysis. If you have time, would love to know how many 2011, Jerez Black, ZCP, e92 with M-DCT there are. Also, would love the data to be made public, if you can legally do it. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2013, 07:27 PM   #123
llis
octane chick
llis's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,135
Posts

 
Drives: Ms
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 ZCP  [5.00]
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
Who have the other two Speed Yellow M3s ?

Inquiring mind(s) want(s) to know.
__________________

2013 E92 ///M3 ZCP 6MT Speed Yellow 2003 E39 ///M5
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2013, 08:06 PM   #124
SickFinga
Private First Class
3
Rep
164
Posts

 
Drives: *
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikendiken View Post
First off, a big, fat thank you for putting this data together. I do a lot of data analysis and know how much work it can be especially if the source isn't in the greatest shape. My guess is you've put in more time into this than you imagined you would, but I, and others, really enjoy seeing it. So thanks.

Tableau has a public version should you make the data public. Easy to use data analysis and visualization tool. Show a geographical map of color and model. See option choices change over time. All simple to do. Would be a fun project for someone.



RIP E9X
I'll look into Tableau when I'll have time

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Agree. Thanks for all the analysis. If you have time, would love to know how many 2011, Jerez Black, ZCP, e92 with M-DCT there are. Also, would love the data to be made public, if you can legally do it. Thanks again.
2011, Jerez Black, ZCP, e92 with M-DCT - 173 in US, 3 in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by llis View Post
Inquiring mind(s) want(s) to know.
The other two are in California
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 04:28 AM   #125
jtodd_fl
First Lieutenant
jtodd_fl's Avatar
3
Rep
350
Posts

 
Drives: 11' e92 M3 ZCP // Jerez Black
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [4.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Thanks SickFinga. Much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #126
masq
Private
0
Rep
57
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 & F10 535
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

SickFinga, I'm in the search for my next E92 and I think your data could be really helpful in gauging how difficult it would be to find a certain combination of model year, color, packages.

Is there anyway you can share this data on a spreadsheet so we can manipulate it ourselves?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 09:37 PM   #127
james33
Private First Class
2
Rep
124
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E93 M3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Memphis, TN

iTrader: (0)

E93 production is done - would love all the stats on the verts when you can. Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 10:04 PM   #128
paddy335
Major
10
Rep
1,014
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Touring; X5 40d
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Zealand

iTrader: (0)

I would love to see that E90 in Laguna Seca.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 02:48 AM   #129
RMBrock
New Member
0
Rep
26
Posts

 
Drives: '11 e90, JB, Bamboo, ZCP
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
I'll look into Tableau when I'll have time



2011, Jerez Black, ZCP, e92 with M-DCT - 173 in US, 3 in Canada



The other two are in California

Thanks as well for all the data SickFinga. Question: how many 2011, Jerez Black, e90 with ZCP, M-DCT and Bamboo in US, Canada?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 05:29 PM   #130
SickFinga
Private First Class
3
Rep
164
Posts

 
Drives: *
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMBrock View Post
Thanks as well for all the data SickFinga. Question: how many 2011, Jerez Black, e90 with ZCP, M-DCT and Bamboo in US, Canada?
2011 E90 M3 Jerez Black on Bamboo + ZCP + M-DCT - 19 cars

0 in Canada


If you got extended Bamboo, then it is 6 cars in US and again 0 in Canada.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 09:14 PM   #131
RMBrock
New Member
0
Rep
26
Posts

 
Drives: '11 e90, JB, Bamboo, ZCP
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
2011 E90 M3 Jerez Black on Bamboo + ZCP + M-DCT - 19 cars

0 in Canada


If you got extended Bamboo, then it is 6 cars in US and again 0 in Canada.
Thanks for a data, SickFinga! No extended Bamboo, just standard.

Is it possible to drill down even further? How many 2011 E90 Jerez Black on Bamboo + ZCP + M-DCT, with premium sound and eucalyptus wood trim? Thanks so much for your kind assistance.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 04:15 AM   #132
SickFinga
Private First Class
3
Rep
164
Posts

 
Drives: *
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMBrock View Post
Thanks for a data, SickFinga! No extended Bamboo, just standard.

Is it possible to drill down even further? How many 2011 E90 Jerez Black on Bamboo + ZCP + M-DCT, with premium sound and eucalyptus wood trim? Thanks so much for your kind assistance.
What is the option code for the eucalyptus wood trim? I only see one car with it and it's not Jerez black. Are you sure you got eucalyptus?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST