BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-16-2013, 06:18 PM   #23
1SICKM
Captain
1SICKM's Avatar
15
Rep
975
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 M3 E92
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Mansfield, NJ

iTrader: (5)

It's just the opposite when I race the GTR's...
__________________
E92 M3 DCT...Powered by ESS VT2 650/DCT GTS Software/Aquamist HFS-3 50/50/Morr /Toyo R888's

ATCO RACEWAY: 10.65 @ 131.79MPH 1.725 60FT
(Stock ESS 625)
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 06:48 PM   #24
M0J0
Private First Class
2
Rep
165
Posts

 
Drives: 08 JB E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

A supercharger won't help you against even a stock GTR. I looked at buying one before I got my M3. While it is insanely fast I have not where to drive a car that fast. I would be beat up if I drove a car in Houston with that tight of a suspension. My M3 goes plenty fast for me in the city. The only car I would trade up for my M3 would be a 458.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 07:35 PM   #25
Sam@ModeCarbon
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Sam@ModeCarbon's Avatar
107
Rep
4,144
Posts


 
Drives: using 3 pedals
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NY l LA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SICKM View Post
It's just the opposite when I race the GTR's...
+1
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 07:46 PM   #26
1SICKM
Captain
1SICKM's Avatar
15
Rep
975
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 M3 E92
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Mansfield, NJ

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0J0
A supercharger won't help you against even a stock GTR. I looked at buying one before I got my M3. While it is insanely fast I have not where to drive a car that fast. I would be beat up if I drove a car in Houston with that tight of a suspension. My M3 goes plenty fast for me in the city. The only car I would trade up for my M3 would be a 458.
What makes you think a ESS 650 can't take a stock GTR? Your kidding right ...

I've beaten stock 2012+ and FBO GTR 's at the track and rollons. Due to their added weight, only GTR's with 600whp make it a close race during a rollon against me
__________________
E92 M3 DCT...Powered by ESS VT2 650/DCT GTS Software/Aquamist HFS-3 50/50/Morr /Toyo R888's

ATCO RACEWAY: 10.65 @ 131.79MPH 1.725 60FT
(Stock ESS 625)
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 08:33 PM   #27
ibmike
What the Hell ?
ibmike's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
1,518
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3 e92 DCT
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosef View Post
this is why ESS makes a supercharger. problem solved.
That wont help.
__________________
Life's a Bitch,Just make sure that Bitch is Beautiful.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 09:37 PM   #28
Skooterbrah
First Lieutenant
Skooterbrah's Avatar
13
Rep
344
Posts

 
Drives: 08 alpine white dct
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic View Post
Note: My comment has nothing to do with the video.

Are you retarded? A REAL 1/4, 1/2, 1 or even 2 mile race is always from the dig. Any race that is from a roll doesn't mean anything. If you can't hook from the dig then all the power is for nothing.

It's like saying let's put your car (assuming it is still the one with the mods in your sig) up for a race against a 700hp supra, from the dig will most likely kill it cos of hooking and the aerodynamics of the M3 but if it's from 20+ then he will slaughter you.

Just as my M3 to Supra comparison, this M3 to GT-R comparison is whack. Completely different league of cars. It is like putting a 1500hp GT-R up against a Bugatti, I couldn't care less if the GT-R will win all day, it is NOT stock for stock and I would much rather have the car and lifestyle to go with the Bugatti.
So.... you have never heard of shift s3ctor or any of the other roll/airstrip events.... roll racing is a very serious category these days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amgeater2 View Post
wowwww this guy needs a serious talk with a psychologists.... so he can come back to reality.....
Incorrect, my ESS/AR 700 slaughters stock GTR's. Only GTR to get me to date was my buddies Alpha 7 on E85, and that was by a car from 25-170.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0J0 View Post
A supercharger won't help you against even a stock GTR. I looked at buying one before I got my M3. While it is insanely fast I have not where to drive a car that fast. I would be beat up if I drove a car in Houston with that tight of a suspension. My M3 goes plenty fast for me in the city. The only car I would trade up for my M3 would be a 458.
Once again, incorrect. An ESS-625 would suffice vs a stock GTR. Much less something like what i'm running (ESS/AR 700) Once again, yes i have slaughtered stock GTRs. Don't believe it? Here's a vid of me putting bus lengths a 458, twice.




Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmike View Post
That wont help.
It does more then help friend.
__________________
-08 E92 Brushed Steel DCT-
KW V3's - AR Design - Volk TE37 - Vorsteiner - ESS/AR 700
-2012 GTR Premium-
Jacks 3.8 - Jacks Drag 800 w/ billet gears - AAM GT-900R - Swift - DPE ST7's - Ecutek via Visconti - 9.4 @150mph 7200ft DA - 185.5mph 1/2 mile 9240ft DA
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 09:49 PM   #29
HadiF82
Lieutenant Colonel
HadiF82's Avatar
United_States
57
Rep
1,978
Posts

 
Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (1)

When is this gonna end.....
__________________
'15 /// M4 On order
'11 E92 ///M3 ZCP - Space Gray - Sold
'06 BMW 330CI ZHP- Sold
'11 E92 ///M3 ZCP AW- Sold
'06 E46 ///M3 ZCP JB- Sold
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 09:53 PM   #30
T Bimmer
El Jefe
T Bimmer's Avatar
Venezuela
16
Rep
1,348
Posts

 
Drives: e92 M3, e30 325i
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: in Houston, but from Newark, NJ!

iTrader: (3)

While I love and never will get rid of my M3, I still want and need a GtR.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 10:14 PM   #31
M3_WC
Colonel
29
Rep
2,242
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

There are 8-second GTR's out there.

No M3 stands a chance, this gen or the next two.

Even the roll on events the high power GTR's clean up.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 10:25 PM   #32
Talk2meg00se
Lieutenant
United_States
10
Rep
497
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
GT-R got the jump and the M3 driver miss shifted. Also, M3 wasn't updated with 240E and performance filter. Outcome could have been very different..
mods in sig - didn't matter much when I crossed paths with Godzilla. the end result was pretty damn similar to what happened in the video.
__________________
SSII | Speed cloth | Tint | LCI | 6MT | EDC | MS Stage 2 Intake | 240E + ESS Tune | MS Pulley | OEM GTS Wheels + Michelin Pilot S | MS Spacers | Akrapovic EVO (!) [+CF tips]
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 12:18 PM   #33
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
61
Rep
3,314
Posts

 
Drives: slow
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skooterbrah View Post
So.... you have never heard of shift s3ctor or any of the other roll/airstrip events.... roll racing is a very serious category these days
Yes I have and again the mean nothing to me, my personal opinion that to put your money where your mouth is the race should be from a dig. If you cannot hook your power then it is all a waste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skooterbrah
Don't believe it? Here's a vid of me putting bus lengths a 458, twice.
Lol. I could bring a 600hp Supra with stock internals and have it whoop our STOCK M3's... Would that make any sense to anyone? Not at all. A race should either be stock for stock or modded for modded. Pointless in sitting around here saying you whooped a 458 when you are at 700hp and that thing is stock. Also, it will still get more looks, more attention and more women that you don't know to jump into the passenger seat.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 12:41 PM   #34
UnaBomber
Second Lieutenant
UnaBomber's Avatar
2
Rep
241
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 X5, 2010 GTR
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bluffton, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skooterbrah View Post
Toss some sticky tires and a big boy supercharger kit (ESS 650/AA 2.5 or 3) and start that race from a 20 roll.... Slaughter GTR's all day long.
thats fun. put your cute little supercharger on and fat tires and run into a modded GTR and you still get shit on
__________________
2010 Nissan GTR,TopSpeed Motorsports 4 Liter Alpha12
Motec, JRZs, HREs, Alcon SuperKit, Carbon Errything,etc
9.01@164 - 1357whp 1040tq Road Race Prepped Monster
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 12:45 PM   #35
whats77inaname
Native Texan
United_States
54
Rep
1,876
Posts

 
Drives: when at all possible
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tx

iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
I was shocked... LIVE !

*lol*
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 12:50 PM   #36
UnaBomber
Second Lieutenant
UnaBomber's Avatar
2
Rep
241
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 X5, 2010 GTR
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bluffton, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
There are 8-second GTR's out there.

No M3 stands a chance, this gen or the next two.

Even the roll on events the high power GTR's clean up.
7, there are 7 second GTRs out there

__________________
2010 Nissan GTR,TopSpeed Motorsports 4 Liter Alpha12
Motec, JRZs, HREs, Alcon SuperKit, Carbon Errything,etc
9.01@164 - 1357whp 1040tq Road Race Prepped Monster
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 12:55 PM   #37
///M Power-Belgium
Brigadier General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
71
Rep
3,960
Posts

 
Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
*lol*
*lol*...was not for me at that moment,actualy i was >>>
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT software update & Servotronic & coding///Alpine HID Angeleyes///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 12:57 PM   #38
whats77inaname
Native Texan
United_States
54
Rep
1,876
Posts

 
Drives: when at all possible
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tx

iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic View Post
.... my personal opinion that to put your money where your mouth is the race should be from a dig. If you cannot hook your power then it is all a waste.
That's your personal opinion, and while you're entitled to it, fewer share that viewpoint nowadays. Ask Unabomber, @ TX2K, the main events are the freeway roll-ons.

As far as your statement of
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic
Are you retarded? A REAL 1/4, 1/2, 1 or even 2 mile race is always from the dig.
, I'd love to see you go to the Omni in Houston during the TX2K night gathering and espouse that to those guys that brought UGR Gallardos, AMS GT-Rs, TT 'vettes + Vipers, and big single Supras *lol*.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 01:10 PM   #39
UnaBomber
Second Lieutenant
UnaBomber's Avatar
2
Rep
241
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 X5, 2010 GTR
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bluffton, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
That's your personal opinion, and while you're entitled to it, fewer share that viewpoint nowadays. Ask Unabomber, @ TX2K, the main events are the freeway roll-ons.

As far as your statement of
, I'd love to see you go to the Omni in Houston during the TX2K night gathering and espouse that to those guys that brought UGR Gallardos, AMS GT-Rs, TT 'vettes + Vipers, and big single Supras *lol*.
actually the main event is a 1/4 mile dragstrip event at Lonestar Motorsports Park

everyone just watches the roll racing because the lambo boys are affraid to run their cars from a dig
__________________
2010 Nissan GTR,TopSpeed Motorsports 4 Liter Alpha12
Motec, JRZs, HREs, Alcon SuperKit, Carbon Errything,etc
9.01@164 - 1357whp 1040tq Road Race Prepped Monster
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 01:12 PM   #40
UnaBomber
Second Lieutenant
UnaBomber's Avatar
2
Rep
241
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 X5, 2010 GTR
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bluffton, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
That's your personal opinion, and while you're entitled to it, fewer share that viewpoint nowadays. Ask Unabomber, @ TX2K, the main events are the freeway roll-ons.

As far as your statement of
, I'd love to see you go to the Omni in Houston during the TX2K night gathering and espouse that to those guys that brought UGR Gallardos, AMS GT-Rs, TT 'vettes + Vipers, and big single Supras *lol*.
different strokes for different folks

i just broke a gear dragracing my car and its going to be about 12 grand to fix. I understand why some of these cars refuse to run from a dig

and the AMS Omega GTR ran the event last year and never left the dragstrip
__________________
2010 Nissan GTR,TopSpeed Motorsports 4 Liter Alpha12
Motec, JRZs, HREs, Alcon SuperKit, Carbon Errything,etc
9.01@164 - 1357whp 1040tq Road Race Prepped Monster
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #41
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
61
Rep
3,314
Posts

 
Drives: slow
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
I'd love to see you go to the Omni in Houston during the TX2K night gathering and espouse that to those guys that brought UGR Gallardos, AMS GT-Rs, TT 'vettes + Vipers, and big single Supras *lol*.
Just because you have money you know how to race? Lol! I know guys with shit banger civics that could out race a lot of individuals with expensive cars but they don't have a lot of money so they will only ever drive that civic.

Again, I don't know if that event consists of rolling starts or off the line starts but if you cannot hook then what is the point in the race? Think about it...you've put $50,000-$100,000 worth of mods into a car and you go to the line but you just spin out for 5 seconds. Pointless, agreed?

When you go to a track and race, do they let you have a rolling start or from the dig? Obviously from the dig, now we don't need excuses just because it is laps it has to be from the dig, no, it is the SAME concept.

I have a friend with an M5 that is rated at over 500whp, NOT CRANK, and what are our cars rated at whp, 340? I still took him, cos he couldn't hook for sh*t at the time. He was just spinning out for like 3 seconds and couldn't catch up in the 1/4 mile.

As for the person that will reply and say these cars are not made for 1/4, I agree but we are just trying to get a point across. Don't forget guys, all my personal and humble opinions.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 01:16 PM   #42
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
61
Rep
3,314
Posts

 
Drives: slow
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaBomber View Post
everyone just watches the roll racing because the lambo boys are affraid to run their cars from a dig
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 01:29 PM   #43
whats77inaname
Native Texan
United_States
54
Rep
1,876
Posts

 
Drives: when at all possible
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tx

iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaBomber View Post
actually the main event is a 1/4 mile dragstrip event at Lonestar Motorsports Park

everyone just watches the roll racing because the lambo boys are affraid to run their cars from a dig

*lol* The main "official" event is the LMP drag racing, but TX2K isn't called "The Superbowl of Street Racing for nothing" *Lol*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic View Post
Just because you have money you know how to race? Lol! I know guys with shit banger civics that could out race a lot of individuals with expensive cars but they don't have a lot of money so they will only ever drive that civic.

Again, I don't know if that event consists of rolling starts or off the line starts but if you cannot hook then what is the point in the race? Think about it...you've put $50,000-$100,000 worth of mods into a car and you go to the line but you just spin out for 5 seconds. Pointless, agreed?

When you go to a track and race, do they let you have a rolling start or from the dig? Obviously from the dig, now we don't need excuses just because it is laps it has to be from the dig, no, it is the SAME concept.

I have a friend with an M5 that is rated at over 500whp, NOT CRANK, and what are our cars rated at whp, 340? I still took him, cos he couldn't hook for sh*t at the time. He was just spinning out for like 3 seconds and couldn't catch up in the 1/4 mile.

As for the person that will reply and say these cars are not made for 1/4, I agree but we are just trying to get a point across. Don't forget guys, all my personal and humble opinions.
My comment was the fact that you took the liberty to call someone "retarded" because they don't agree with your assessment of how racing should be performed. As for your question regarding how racing is started @ the track, NASCAR is raced from a roll.

To me, however, racing is racing....freeway....stoplight....Mexico. I don't discriminate, it's all about the competition and running what you brung.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 02:13 PM   #44
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
61
Rep
3,314
Posts

 
Drives: slow
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
My comment was the fact that you took the liberty to call someone "retarded" because they don't agree with your assessment of how racing should be performed. As for your question regarding how racing is started @ the track, NASCAR is raced from a roll.

To me, however, racing is racing....freeway....stoplight....Mexico. I don't discriminate, it's all about the competition and running what you brung.
Lol. Can't argue with a fool. Good day Sir!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST