BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-11-2013, 09:25 PM   #23
OC3
Havin' a blast!
OC3's Avatar
United_States
53
Rep
4,819
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Wow!!!! That's awesome. The new full course looks even better! What a great video.

Watching that radical's line... learned that I should go tight to the right side berm (at 2:47). Last Saturday, I stayed on the left side and turned in and had many oversteer oh sh*t moments at 2:54.

BTW, who'd you sleep with to get to run in that new section? lulz
__________________

BRP CW13 1:56 | CVR CW 2:01 | CVR CCW 2:02 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
2013 E92 M3 Jerez Black DCT ZCP | JRZ RS Pro | Brembo | Endless | Volk TE37 18x10.5 squared | NT01/TD/ContiGrandAm | no other mods, nor weight shavings
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #24
USCTrojanMan29
Captain
12
Rep
879
Posts

 
Drives: Purple People Eater
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Around

iTrader: (2)

That'd be so awesome to run a 5.6 mile configuration.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2013, 10:45 PM   #25
admranger
Lieutenant
admranger's Avatar
5
Rep
409
Posts

 
Drives: 2002 M3, 2005 X5, 2011 M3
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (0)

Spring Mountain has been around for a long time, nearly 20 years. However, it was just a strip of asphalt for many years.

A group of 6 or 7 of us rented it one day for a bit over $1k once in the early years. Unlimited track time! We thrashed for hours out there, got tired, had lunch, and repeated it in the afternoon. Lots of fun.

It's much more civilized, and infinitely more expensive now. However, the improvements are really nice.
__________________
'11 E90 M3, Mebourne/Black/Fox Red/Black, 6MT, PP2, heated seats, moonroof, split folding rear seats, iPod/USB adapter, Technic harness, JL XD 6/600.
'02 E46M3, Imola/Black, 6MT, CWP, no sunroof, Ohlins, Eibachs, PFC DD rotors, PFC pads! HAT Clarus/Legatia speakers, 2 big amps in the back.
'05 X5 4.4i, Imola/Black, Premium, Cold, HAT Imagine 6.5's, Intravee iPod adapter
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #26
USCTrojanMan29
Captain
12
Rep
879
Posts

 
Drives: Purple People Eater
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Around

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by admranger View Post
Spring Mountain has been around for a long time, nearly 20 years. However, it was just a strip of asphalt for many years.

A group of 6 or 7 of us rented it one day for a bit over $1k once in the early years. Unlimited track time! We thrashed for hours out there, got tired, had lunch, and repeated it in the afternoon. Lots of fun.

It's much more civilized, and infinitely more expensive now. However, the improvements are really nice.
Yeah, there wasn't much out there in 2005-2007 when that was my home track. I haven't been back since so I want to check out all the stuff that they did with the amenities at the track.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 04:09 AM   #27
Triple M
Doc Rebel!
Triple M's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
273
Posts

 
Drives: Fire Orange M3, X5M, Blk 135
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vegas Baby!

iTrader: (0)

Hey Randall,
it was great meeting, and seeing you and Kaiv run at SMMR. Definitely a fun day. Definitely an interesting track. Everytime I've ran there it has never been the same configuration. I was expecting the "bustop" on the back anticipation a threshold braking momentum when it was like "hioly s... where did it go". LOL. Definitely a fun day and a great technivcal track to learn on. Ibelieve the PCA guys have an event there in 1-2 weeks if you guya aren't busy that weekend:
http://lvrpca.clubstore.us.com/produ...ucts_id=500029
Hope to run again soon,
Tony
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 01:48 PM   #28
OC3
Havin' a blast!
OC3's Avatar
United_States
53
Rep
4,819
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple M View Post
Hey Randall,
it was great meeting, and seeing you and Kaiv run at SMMR. Definitely a fun day. Definitely an interesting track. Everytime I've ran there it has never been the same configuration. I was expecting the "bustop" on the back anticipation a threshold braking momentum when it was like "hioly s... where did it go". LOL. Definitely a fun day and a great technivcal track to learn on. Ibelieve the PCA guys have an event there in 1-2 weeks if you guya aren't busy that weekend:
http://lvrpca.clubstore.us.com/produ...ucts_id=500029
Hope to run again soon,
Tony
Good meeting you, and the rest of LV crew, as well. Very nice car you have.

Re: PCA SMMR event, man oh man... was gonna take a bit of time off to catch up on some work, but you guys are making it tough, lulz. This is very tempting...
__________________

BRP CW13 1:56 | CVR CW 2:01 | CVR CCW 2:02 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
2013 E92 M3 Jerez Black DCT ZCP | JRZ RS Pro | Brembo | Endless | Volk TE37 18x10.5 squared | NT01/TD/ContiGrandAm | no other mods, nor weight shavings
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 09:33 AM   #29
USCTrojanMan29
Captain
12
Rep
879
Posts

 
Drives: Purple People Eater
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Around

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC3 View Post
Good meeting you, and the rest of LV crew, as well. Very nice car you have.

Re: PCA SMMR event, man oh man... was gonna take a bit of time off to catch up on some work, but you guys are making it tough, lulz. This is very tempting...
One thing to keep in mind, if you run with PCA LV at SMMR in the advanced group you'll need a fire suit.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 01:13 PM   #30
OC3
Havin' a blast!
OC3's Avatar
United_States
53
Rep
4,819
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCTrojanMan29 View Post
One thing to keep in mind, if you run with PCA LV at SMMR in the advanced group you'll need a fire suit.
Yeah, saw that. No biggie running in whatever group it is that's below the adv group.
__________________

BRP CW13 1:56 | CVR CW 2:01 | CVR CCW 2:02 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
2013 E92 M3 Jerez Black DCT ZCP | JRZ RS Pro | Brembo | Endless | Volk TE37 18x10.5 squared | NT01/TD/ContiGrandAm | no other mods, nor weight shavings
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 03:16 PM   #31
USCTrojanMan29
Captain
12
Rep
879
Posts

 
Drives: Purple People Eater
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Around

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC3 View Post
Yeah, saw that. No biggie running in whatever group it is that's below the adv group.
PCA Las Vegas typically has 3 or 4 run groups so like you said go in the one below the advanced group. I think the advanced group is mostly made up of spec boxsters and spec 911s, you might see a few cup cars too.

Here's the link to register (it's cheaper than SpeedVentures if you go for 2 days):

http://lvrpca.clubstore.us.com/

$350 for 2-days isn't bad.

Last edited by USCTrojanMan29; 10-16-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST