BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

10-11-2013, 05:01 PM   #155
Grapesape
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: Silverstone 2011 M3 Sedan

In addition to remote coding and GTS DCT, Alex can also remotely do 2014 maps too! I'm a big fan.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 05:55 PM   #156
dozaiya
Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep

Drives: 2011 MW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapesape View Post
In addition to remote coding and GTS DCT, Alex can also remotely do 2014 maps too! I'm a big fan.
you mean provide the fsc code?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #157
Grapesape
Private First Class
Rep

Yup
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 07:49 PM   #158
KmndntKlink
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2010 e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0J0 View Post
I have been driving this for about two weeks now. Best 125 bucks I have spent lately. It changes the car quite a bit. I did euro mdm a while ago and adds some fun to the car without turning the TC all the way off. This is more than just fun. It fixes a few headaches that annoyed me with the car. It also gives a performance boost you can feel. I have debated on test pipes and a tune, but I just don't see it worth the money. This is a bargain. It is a huge bargain if you have never coded your car before.
dude test pipes are awesome, you don't even know. match it with a tune (yes tunes are expensive, but it makes a huge difference in throttle & steering & power delivery). DCT flash is nice and all (still getting around to actually paying Alex to do it) but its not adding power like test pipes & a tune. test pipes are cheap and an awesome upgrade.

I agree all the coding features are small, but make a huge impact on daily driving joy.
      10-11-2013, 07:51 PM   #159
Valentino_RS
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: M

Hello Alex, when is the next time you are coming to Hawaii, Honolulu? Me are some of my friends would love to get this GTS software update
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 08:07 PM   #160
sg///M3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2008 M3 DCT

+1 on the benefits of the GTS software. Upshifts are quicker under acceleration and downshifts snappier. It also seems to have largely remedied the downshift hesitation at low speeds. Well worth the money and the coding was a bonus. Thanks Alex!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 08:31 PM   #161
KmndntKlink
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2010 e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg///M3 View Post
+1 on the benefits of the GTS software. Upshifts are quicker under acceleration and downshifts snappier. It also seems to have largely remedied the downshift hesitation at low speeds. Well worth the money and the coding was a bonus. Thanks Alex!
good to know, i never understood why it hesitates so much. @ least m mode is quick lol. This will probably be my next upgrade
      10-11-2013, 08:44 PM   #162
thorny
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: M3

Alex knows what he is doing and very easy to work with. GTS software helps with low speed jerks and shifts are very quick. It changes exhaust note on shifts at moderate acceleration, sounds a little weird, but still highly recommended!

His price is the best too!

Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 09:31 PM   #163
M3 Pilot
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Drives: 13' E92 M3 Comp Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny View Post
Alex knows what he is doing and very easy to work with. GTS software helps with low speed jerks and shifts are very quick. It changes exhaust note on shifts at moderate acceleration, sounds a little weird, but still highly recommended!

His price is the best too!

Can you expand a little what you meant by, "changes exhaust note on shifts at moderate acceleration" ?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 09:40 PM   #164
thorny
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Pilot View Post
Can you expand a little what you meant by, "changes exhaust note on shifts at moderate acceleration" ?

Cheers
It might be because I am supercharged (Ess625) and have Akra exhaust. Exhaust note has changed due to different way the box shifts, it is very hard to described how it changed. It used to be more snappy, like click-click-click with abrupt changes in RPMs, now the noise is somewhat smeared, not as snappy. Not sure if others experienced the same. Dont take it that it is worst, it is just different. This is mostly noticeable when accelerating at say 40% in lower gears.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #165
M3 Pilot
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Drives: 13' E92 M3 Comp Pack

Quote:
It might be because I am supercharged (Ess625) and have Akra exhaust. Exhaust note has changed due to different way the box shifts, it is very hard to described how it changed. It used to be more snappy, like click-click-click with abrupt changes in RPMs, now the noise is somewhat smeared, not as snappy. Not sure if others experienced the same. Dont take it that it is worst, it is just different. This is mostly noticeable when accelerating at say 40% in lower gears.
I just bought the cable but haven't had time to get down to it.

I really need to make time to know what you guys are talking about.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 11:02 PM   #166
sg///M3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2008 M3 DCT

Quote:
I haven't really noticed this. I'm also supercharged with aftermarket exhaust.

Quote:
I just bought the cable but haven't had time to get down to it.

I really need to make time to know what you guys are talking about.

Thanks
It only took about an hour to code & load the software, even with a few connection glitches. Pretty painless process.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 11:06 PM   #167
Grapesape
Private First Class
Rep

I also feel it is more snappy, especially in the aggressive modes. Some people even say it's too snappy.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 11:07 AM   #168
thorny
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapesape View Post
I also feel it is more snappy, especially in the aggressive modes. Some people even say it's too snappy.
I think it is like any exhaust sound discussion - totally hard to find an agreement
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 09:42 PM   #169
e46m3to135i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2010 MR E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino_RS View Post
Hello Alex, when is the next time you are coming to Hawaii, Honolulu? Me are some of my friends would love to get this GTS software update
Just give Alex a call. He did the GTS flash for me and another guy here via remote. If you need the cable just shoot me a PM and you can borrow it.

-Nick

Evolve Stage 1 Tune / GTS DCT Flash / Servo Tune / OEM Exhaust Mod / BMC Drop In / H&R Sports Springs / BMS 15/12mm Spacers / CF Grilles / CF Gills / CF Hood Vents / Painted Reflectors / Extended Paddles / BMS ARC AE's / Cyba Scoops / 20% Tint
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 12:21 AM   #170
MWM3
Banned
Rep

Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Can anyone confirm if you can default to higher D modes besides D2 with the GTS software?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 01:37 AM   #171
e46m3to135i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2010 MR E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWM3 View Post
Can anyone confirm if you can default to higher D modes besides D2 with the GTS software?
With the GTS flash, you can only change the default M mode setting. The D mode cant be changed from the default setting of D2 on start up.

Evolve Stage 1 Tune / GTS DCT Flash / Servo Tune / OEM Exhaust Mod / BMC Drop In / H&R Sports Springs / BMS 15/12mm Spacers / CF Grilles / CF Gills / CF Hood Vents / Painted Reflectors / Extended Paddles / BMS ARC AE's / Cyba Scoops / 20% Tint
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 03:02 AM   #172
lve2xlr8
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: '11 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny
Quote:

Cheers
I know exactly what you're talking about. This actually bothers me quite a bit. Where it seemed the US program would cut throttle in between shifts, the gts software almost seems to slip into gear at partial throttle at higher rpms. Everything else is great, but this annoys as I preferred the sound of the US with my Akra
      11-07-2013, 06:39 AM   #173
1SICKM
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2009 M3 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by lve2xlr8
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny
Quote:

Cheers
I know exactly what you're talking about. This actually bothers me quite a bit. Where it seemed the US program would cut throttle in between shifts, the gts software almost seems to slip into gear at partial throttle at higher rpms. Everything else is great, but this annoys as I preferred the sound of the US with my Akra
Agreed. Just drive more aggressively and its sounds better

ATCO RACEWAY: 10.65 @ 131.79MPH 1.725 60FT
(Stock ESS 625)
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #174
MWM3
Banned
Rep

Drives: 2012 E92 M3

I met up with Alex to get some coding + DME 240E + GTS DCT done to the car. Definitely a significant improvement as others have said. The car pulls a lot harder now and it has smoothed out a lot of the issues I had with DCT and power down low (likely attributable to the DME update). This is a no-brainer if you haven't updated yet.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 08:28 PM   #175
e92s65
Rep

Drives: 92 m3

Alex been super response and answering all my question can't wait to get my GTS DCT flash!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 09:56 PM   #176
E92inSG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: E92 M3

Alex is the man!!! Due to time difference with me being halfway around the globe I couldn't really get a decent appointment to do the coding. But a simple message to Alex's mobile and he was good to go even though he had just brushed his teeth and was getting ready for bed!

Coding done! GTS DCT done in under an hour! That's what I call customer service!!!!!
Appreciate 0