BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-02-2013, 07:06 AM   #45
M3AG
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP, 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gatineau

Posts: 199
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alee0729 View Post
Doesn't exist anywhere but Germany right now.
And they are 1 million dollars! Kiddin', it's around 400 Euro
M3AG is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #46
alee0729
First Lieutenant
 
alee0729's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3, 2001 E46 330Ci
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New York, NY

Posts: 396
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3AG View Post
And they are 1 million dollars! Kiddin', it's around 400 Euro
I'd pay that too. But nobody will export it for me.
__________________
2001 E46 330Ci - 43K miles, 2013 E92 M3 - Back from PCD
Thinking about doing European Delivery? Read about my ED experience. Best trip, ever.
alee0729 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-08-2013, 06:59 PM   #47
Johndong888
John
 
Johndong888's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 AW/FR M3 & '14 F15 X5
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ

Posts: 762
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via Skype™ to Johndong888
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3AG View Post
And they are 1 million dollars! Kiddin', it's around 400 Euro
Quote:
Originally Posted by alee0729 View Post
I'd pay that too. But nobody will export it for me.
Aren't they in stock nowadays?

Part number for iphone 5 cradle should be 84-21-2-338-568 or am I mistaken?
__________________

Current - 2012 AW/FR E92 M3 - DCT w EDC, ZPP w Tech, Apps, Enhanced Sound, SAT.
Mods - Piano Black, Euro Visors, OEM Performance CF Spoiler + Grills + Pedals, IND Gloss Blk Pkg, Lux V3, Arkym CF Front Lip, 19" HRE P40
Sold - 2008 BSM/Black E92 335i - Step, Premium, Sports, Logic7, Comfort, Navi, SAT, Alum.
Johndong888 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-08-2013, 08:17 PM   #48
alee0729
First Lieutenant
 
alee0729's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3, 2001 E46 330Ci
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New York, NY

Posts: 396
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndong888 View Post
Aren't they in stock nowadays?

Part number for iphone 5 cradle should be 84-21-2-338-568 or am I mistaken?
There are 2 versions... a connect version and a media capable version. Only connect is out... no music on that version.
__________________
2001 E46 330Ci - 43K miles, 2013 E92 M3 - Back from PCD
Thinking about doing European Delivery? Read about my ED experience. Best trip, ever.
alee0729 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2013, 03:12 PM   #49
wibbles
Private First Class
 
Drives: 135i 6MT
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 114
iTrader: (0)

Hi,

has anyone tried the plugin with iOS 7?

I upgraded today but when I select plugin the phone connects & music plays but the interface on the idrive screen is blank, there isn't any albums or artists showing.

The idrive controller still lets me control the songs but I can't see what I'm doing.

Hopefully this is just a bug & will get sorted with a usb update. If someone else can check their car I would appreciate it.

Thanks
__________________
2010 Alpine White N55 135i 6MT - broken by BMW UK - awesome job lads!

2009 LMB LCI N54 135i - Cobb tuned!
wibbles is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #50
wibbles
Private First Class
 
Drives: 135i 6MT
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 114
iTrader: (0)

Anyone?
__________________
2010 Alpine White N55 135i 6MT - broken by BMW UK - awesome job lads!

2009 LMB LCI N54 135i - Cobb tuned!
wibbles is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2013, 01:16 PM   #51
dparm
Major
 
dparm's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lombard, IL

Posts: 1,135
iTrader: (0)

What plugin are you referring to? Are you saying you connected the USB cable to the aux-in port?

Make sure you have the latest car software: bmw.com/update.
__________________
Dan P.
2011.5 AW M3 sedan ZCP
dparm is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2013, 01:56 PM   #52
wibbles
Private First Class
 
Drives: 135i 6MT
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 114
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
What plugin are you referring to? Are you saying you connected the USB cable to the aux-in port?

Make sure you have the latest car software: bmw.com/update.
No, I used the snap in cradle under the arm rest, so this is the ipod style interface I'm referring to.
__________________
2010 Alpine White N55 135i 6MT - broken by BMW UK - awesome job lads!

2009 LMB LCI N54 135i - Cobb tuned!
wibbles is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-13-2013, 09:15 AM   #53
dparm
Major
 
dparm's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lombard, IL

Posts: 1,135
iTrader: (0)

Seeing as how BMW has not released a software update for a while now, I'd say you might be out of luck for the time being.
__________________
Dan P.
2011.5 AW M3 sedan ZCP
dparm is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-13-2013, 02:12 PM   #54
wibbles
Private First Class
 
Drives: 135i 6MT
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 114
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
Seeing as how BMW has not released a software update for a while now, I'd say you might be out of luck for the time being.
You are probably right. I just wanted to see if anyone else had the same issue or if it was just me.
__________________
2010 Alpine White N55 135i 6MT - broken by BMW UK - awesome job lads!

2009 LMB LCI N54 135i - Cobb tuned!
wibbles is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-13-2013, 02:45 PM   #55
MrJasmo
Registered
 
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Northern California

Posts: 1
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbles View Post
Anyone?
I have not bothered to update software from my 2013 BMW 328i. Phone, contacts, music, apps like spotify work fine with artwork. No email or messages.

I'm guessing you can't do iPhone video? Even with car in park?
MrJasmo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-13-2013, 03:45 PM   #56
dparm
Major
 
dparm's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lombard, IL

Posts: 1,135
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJasmo View Post
I have not bothered to update software from my 2013 BMW 328i. Phone, contacts, music, apps like spotify work fine with artwork. No email or messages.

I'm guessing you can't do iPhone video? Even with car in park?

iPhone 5 and newer can't do video anymore (Lightning connector doesn't support it).
__________________
Dan P.
2011.5 AW M3 sedan ZCP
dparm is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-14-2013, 01:52 AM   #57
wibbles
Private First Class
 
Drives: 135i 6MT
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 114
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJasmo View Post
I have not bothered to update software from my 2013 BMW 328i. Phone, contacts, music, apps like spotify work fine with artwork. No email or messages.

I'm guessing you can't do iPhone video? Even with car in park?
This is an iphone 4s - iOS7 that I am using.

I am plugging it into the cradle & selecting:

Connected Drive > Plugin > OK

This should give me an ipod style interface, full screen. What I get is the background, not the menus for selecting songs/artists/albums.

Here is an example of what it should look like if it were working properly:



If you have the cradle, can you check yours please. All other functionality works fine.

Thank you
__________________
2010 Alpine White N55 135i 6MT - broken by BMW UK - awesome job lads!

2009 LMB LCI N54 135i - Cobb tuned!
wibbles is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-14-2013, 01:57 PM   #58
Johndong888
John
 
Johndong888's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 AW/FR M3 & '14 F15 X5
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ

Posts: 762
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via Skype™ to Johndong888
Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbles View Post
This is an iphone 4s - iOS7 that I am using.

I am plugging it into the cradle & selecting:

Connected Drive > Plugin > OK

This should give me an ipod style interface, full screen. What I get is the background, not the menus for selecting songs/artists/albums.

Here is an example of what it should look like if it were working properly:



If you have the cradle, can you check yours please. All other functionality works fine.

Thank you
It was working fine on my iphone4 on iOS7. I used it purely for just a media device these days however the lag was awful so I just downgraded back to 6. I had no issues with either version.

I encountered something similar to this when i had a retrofitted CIC + Combox? Is this for your 2010? I assume the combox (BMW apps) was retrofitted. You would need someone to recode by changing the video pinout cause that's what the menu itself is, a video.
__________________

Current - 2012 AW/FR E92 M3 - DCT w EDC, ZPP w Tech, Apps, Enhanced Sound, SAT.
Mods - Piano Black, Euro Visors, OEM Performance CF Spoiler + Grills + Pedals, IND Gloss Blk Pkg, Lux V3, Arkym CF Front Lip, 19" HRE P40
Sold - 2008 BSM/Black E92 335i - Step, Premium, Sports, Logic7, Comfort, Navi, SAT, Alum.
Johndong888 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-14-2013, 02:14 PM   #59
wibbles
Private First Class
 
Drives: 135i 6MT
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 114
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndong888 View Post
It was working fine on my iphone4 on iOS7. I used it purely for just a media device these days however the lag was awful so I just downgraded back to 6. I had no issues with either version.

I encountered something similar to this when i had a retrofitted CIC + Combox? Is this for your 2010? I assume the combox (BMW apps) was retrofitted. You would need someone to recode by changing the video pinout cause that's what the menu itself is, a video.
The Combox was retrofitted to my 2009 N54, the CIC was from the factory.

It was working fine with iOS6, the only thing I've changed on the car recently is enabling BMW Live.

Are you able to send me a .TRC file of the module that needs changing - Media I presume?

To be honest I very rarely use this functionality, but I paid bimmertech for the retrofit & I expect it to work...
__________________
2010 Alpine White N55 135i 6MT - broken by BMW UK - awesome job lads!

2009 LMB LCI N54 135i - Cobb tuned!
wibbles is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #60
wibbles
Private First Class
 
Drives: 135i 6MT
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 114
iTrader: (0)

All fixed!

I had to change AUX1 = wert_21 in the CIC.trc file.
__________________
2010 Alpine White N55 135i 6MT - broken by BMW UK - awesome job lads!

2009 LMB LCI N54 135i - Cobb tuned!
wibbles is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST