BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery
 
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #45
davesaddiction
is fast cars
davesaddiction's Avatar
United_States
34
Rep
1,600
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 M3 6MT SSII BPM Stg II
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tulsa

iTrader: (0)

E90 6MT FTW! The few, the proud, the 4318...

Fantastic story and great pictures - thanks for sharing.

Congrats & welcome. Great stable you've got started there.
__________________
Daddy's Rocket Sled! _
Clarkson: "It is... pretty much perfect... Why don't I have one of these cars?"
Harris: "The saloon is definitely the M3 of choice."
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #46
FVM3
Major General
FVM3's Avatar
113
Rep
5,739
Posts

 
Drives: e92 m3, f30 328i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

drop it
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #47
Law
Lieutenant
Law's Avatar
Taiwan
19
Rep
509
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 6MT | E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit M3 View Post
What are you going to do with the e46?
Excellent question.
I'm still torn between either selling it or keeping it as a track/weekend/driving car, its already 9/10 setup for track driving as it sits.

At this point, i'm still keeping it for the short term but still open to sell. I haven't listed it up because I'm at the "feeler" stage at the moment.

I've done a full OEM shortblock engine rebuild, Robispec subframe, and subsequent work, installs, maintenance (VANOS bolts, valve adjust) from Platte Forme a.g. For the same reasons that the maintenance might be a selling point are also the reasons i want to keep it, since i've dumped so much into it.

So basically, I don't mind keeping it for a while to have a fun toy but if a good offer/deal comes along, i'm open to that as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesaddiction View Post
E90 6MT FTW! The few, the proud, the 4318...

Fantastic story and great pictures - thanks for sharing.

Congrats & welcome. Great stable you've got started there.
Thank you.
Few indeed, it was quite a search for this car. Factor in US models and then the figure drops to 3135.
The 6 speed is a blast to drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FVM3 View Post
drop it
I'm on Eibach springs as of a couple weeks ago. Not much of a drop (compared to H&R) but this was an intended and premeditated decision.
I gave it much thought since I went with coilover type suspension on all my previous cars, my E46 M3 is on KW V3s.

I then decided that on the E90, i wanted to make it a comfortable daily driver without sacrificing EDC. H&R springs were initially my first choice, but after explaining my intents with the E90 to my friends at Platte Forme, they advised me that Eibachs would ride much better. The only drawback is that they aren't as low as the H&R (0.2" higher in front, rears are identical), but i was okay with that.

Hence, the very mild drop
__________________
2011 E90 ///M3 6MT (Current)
| RAYS | EIBACH | AKRAPOVIČ |
2004 E46 ///M3 6MT (Past)
| HKS | KW | RECARO | RAYS |
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2013, 07:30 AM   #48
Detroit M3
Major
Detroit M3's Avatar
13
Rep
1,089
Posts

 
Drives: Murdered E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bloomfield Hills

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
Excellent question.
I'm still torn between either selling it or keeping it as a track/weekend/driving car, its already 9/10 setup for track driving as it sits.

At this point, i'm still keeping it for the short term but still open to sell. I haven't listed it up because I'm at the "feeler" stage at the moment.

I've done a full OEM shortblock engine rebuild, Robispec subframe, and subsequent work, installs, maintenance (VANOS bolts, valve adjust) from Platte Forme a.g. For the same reasons that the maintenance might be a selling point are also the reasons i want to keep it, since i've dumped so much into it.

So basically, I don't mind keeping it for a while to have a fun toy but if a good offer/deal comes along, i'm open to that as well
Keep her!
__________________
E92. ModeCarbon. iND. eisenmann. ACM Test Pipe. BPM Sport. KW.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 01:53 AM   #49
jasperxli
Private First Class
2
Rep
152
Posts

 
Drives: space grey e60
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: socal

iTrader: (2)

hehe nice write up =]
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 02:59 AM   #50
Cheeto
New Member
Cheeto's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
19
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Congrats..thanks for the write-up and pics. These journals are one of my favorite aspects of the forum.

I can attest to having weird experiences at BMW of Mountain View. I recently got my car back from service with a Baby Carseat in the passenger seat. I don't have kids and had a brief heart attack.

Also, can some NorCal folks put together a Pebble Beach/Carmel cruise and photo shoot? I would love to roll out there with some fellow Ms.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 12:50 PM   #51
Law
Lieutenant
Law's Avatar
Taiwan
19
Rep
509
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 6MT | E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperxli View Post
hehe nice write up =]
Oh wsup Jasper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeto View Post
Congrats..thanks for the write-up and pics. These journals are one of my favorite aspects of the forum.

I can attest to having weird experiences at BMW of Mountain View. I recently got my car back from service with a Baby Carseat in the passenger seat. I don't have kids and had a brief heart attack.

Also, can some NorCal folks put together a Pebble Beach/Carmel cruise and photo shoot? I would love to roll out there with some fellow Ms.
Thanks! I never knew BMW of Mtn View was that infamous. I guess i was too excited to notice any weird vibes, although I can say that a service tech at a dealer damaging a customer's car before delivery is definitely a "weird" experience.

17 Mile drive is such a great place to cruise and take photos. The only downsides is the prevalence of tourists, which can get somewhat annoying, but it is what it is and they're usually gone after a certain time anyways. I would suggest you make an event if that's what you really want to do.
__________________
2011 E90 ///M3 6MT (Current)
| RAYS | EIBACH | AKRAPOVIČ |
2004 E46 ///M3 6MT (Past)
| HKS | KW | RECARO | RAYS |
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 01:34 PM   #52
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
118
Rep
8,517
Posts

 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (6)

Nice pick up! Your friend's E39 is rocking!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 04:46 PM   #53
e90sexion
E 9 0 S E X I O N
e90sexion's Avatar
Canada
81
Rep
6,369
Posts

 
Drives: M3, Z4MC
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver/WA

iTrader: (16)

nothing better than buying a car and cruise back with good friends
congrat! it will be a memorable time
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #54
Ivan@PYSpeed.com
Ivan@PYSpeed.com's Avatar
72
Rep
3,953
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (4)

congrats!!
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 06:57 PM   #55
24601
Major
24601's Avatar
United_States
18
Rep
1,179
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Oahu, Hawaii

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2013 Toyota Prius  [0.00]
2014 BMW 750Li  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [5.00]
congrats! nice group. nice boxter!
__________________
MY13 E92 M3 SS w/ ZCP l ZPP l 2MK l 6NR l 752 l M Performance Exhaust, Grill, Side Gills, C/F splitters

Sold - 2009 E92 335i LMB M-Sport
Sold - 2003 E46 M3 LSB SMG
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 04:04 PM   #56
Law
Lieutenant
Law's Avatar
Taiwan
19
Rep
509
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 6MT | E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [5.00]
UPDATE: Sold the E46


Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
Nice pick up! Your friend's E39 is rocking!
Yeaa the E39 was a G ride
Since my original post, the car was traded between friends and finally sold this week. Gonna miss seeing (and hearing) it but we won't miss working all the random things that fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90sexion View Post
nothing better than buying a car and cruise back with good friends
congrat! it will be a memorable time
Definitely. Only thing i would change is the length of the trip; wish it was a longer trip but that's spontaneity for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan@PYSpeed.com View Post
congrats!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by 24601 View Post
congrats! nice group. nice boxter!
Good eye!
__________________
2011 E90 ///M3 6MT (Current)
| RAYS | EIBACH | AKRAPOVIČ |
2004 E46 ///M3 6MT (Past)
| HKS | KW | RECARO | RAYS |
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 08:24 PM   #57
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
118
Rep
8,517
Posts

 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (6)

now be honest, the E92 is a better car, in every aspect, than the E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 02:07 PM   #58
2moor
Captain
2moor's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
697
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [4.75]
nice delivery/build thread Lawrence! ive been meaning to search for you on the forums!
__________________
Current - '13 E92 M3 Jet Black/Black Novillo DCT
Previous - '07 E92 328i Titanium Silver/Coral Red MT
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
build thread, delivery, e90 m3, journal, pictures

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST