BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #1
crashcrf
Private First Class
crashcrf's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
185
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 E92
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: ct

iTrader: (3)

19x10 Square Question

Hey Guys,

I wanted to run 19x10 wheels all around, they come with a +20 offset

Does anyone know if I can make these work? I plan on having stock suspension or very mild lowering springs. I do not want to roll modify camber.

I think these tires may work: 255-35-19 & 285-35-19

Let me know what you think!

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #2
shu5892001
Private First Class
shu5892001's Avatar
China
1
Rep
117
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

I don't think 285 35 19 will work with a +20 offset in the rear. Offset too low and tire too tall.
__________________
2010 JB E90 M3 6MT (current)
2013 Scion FR-S 6MT FBO (gone but not forgotten and never will)
2005 Mazda 3 FBO (Traded in)
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #3
slicer
Brigadier General
slicer's Avatar
61
Rep
3,938
Posts

 
Drives: '13 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashcrf View Post
Hey Guys,

I wanted to run 19x10 wheels all around, they come with a +20 offset

Does anyone know if I can make these work? I plan on having stock suspension or very mild lowering springs. I do not want to roll modify camber.

I think these tires may work: 255-35-19 & 285-35-19

Let me know what you think!

Thanks!
What are you trying to achieve? There isn't much point in running square wheels with staggered tires. Plus a square 10" wheel is aggressive (in the front at least) so why don't you want to add camber? What suspension are you running?

I would suggest 275/30/19 square (allows for tire rotation) or 275/30/19 in the front and 275/35/19 in the rear. I would not stretch a 255/35/19 on a 10" wheel but it could be done. I would also not run wider than 275mm on a 10" wheel but it can be done. I had 295's on 10" wheels and it worked but I did not like the look or the feel.

275's in the front will likely require some negative camber - not a crazy amount but probably more than stock. 275's on a 10" wheel et20 will be very close to rubbing the springs if you have KW coilovers. Stock dampers with lowering springs or OEM springs have more inner clearance therefore you would not have any problems with them.

I currently run 275's on 10" et18 wheels with zero rubbing in the front. I have around -2.0 degrees of camber and KW Clubsports.

You will probably want a 12mm spacer in the rear with 10" et20 and 275's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shu5892001 View Post
I don't think 285 35 19 will work with a +20 offset in the rear. Offset too low and tire too tall.
I agree 285/35/19 is too tall.
__________________
ALL PARTS FOR SALE (click links and/or Send me a PM) -
KW Clubsport 3-way, Mode Carbon GTS Wing, BMW Pedals Billet Extended DCT Paddles, Advan TC3 (9.5/10.5), Planted E92 Floor Mounts, Schroth Quick Fit Pro Harnesses (Red - E82/E90/E92 Version)
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 09:37 PM   #4
crashcrf
Private First Class
crashcrf's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
185
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 E92
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: ct

iTrader: (3)

I plan on running just ebiach lowering springs on stock suspension. I want to go with this square set up from mod bargains forge star super deep set. Do you think 265-35-19 front and 275-30-19 rear would fit. I want a very flush look.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 10:18 PM   #5
slicer
Brigadier General
slicer's Avatar
61
Rep
3,938
Posts

 
Drives: '13 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashcrf View Post
I plan on running just ebiach lowering springs on stock suspension. I want to go with this square set up from mod bargains forge star super deep set. Do you think 265-35-19 front and 275-30-19 rear would fit. I want a very flush look.
Not a good solution. You don't want larger diameter tires in the front than the rear. Plus 265/35/19 is not easy to fit due to the large overall diameter. I will say I am aware of one person making them fit but you should go 265/35/19 in the rear or 275/35/19 in the rear if you run them in the front. Again, per my post above, I would run 275/30's all around and add negative camber.
__________________
ALL PARTS FOR SALE (click links and/or Send me a PM) -
KW Clubsport 3-way, Mode Carbon GTS Wing, BMW Pedals Billet Extended DCT Paddles, Advan TC3 (9.5/10.5), Planted E92 Floor Mounts, Schroth Quick Fit Pro Harnesses (Red - E82/E90/E92 Version)
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 07:39 AM   #6
ben@tirerack
M3Post Supporting Vendor
18
Rep
886
Posts

 
Drives: 740i
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South Bend, IN

iTrader: (0)

All good points Slicer.

For the OP: I'm not sure if I have a clear idea of what your ultimate goal is with a setup like this. And tire size-wise, you are all over the map. One thing that might help, given that you are wanting a very flush look, is to check out some of the posts in the aggressive fitment thread.

There you can see photos of what others have done, and see the specs of the wheels/tires/other mods that they are running. Link below:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=475902
__________________
_______________________________________________



To credit the forum, click through one of the banners in my signature and the top of the page, or call me direct at 877.522.8473 ext 660. Email:ben@tirerack.com
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 07:51 AM   #7
CSBM5
Captain
9
Rep
630
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3, 2001 M5, etc
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (0)

Slicer, Ben,

OT a bit, but since you two are here...

Is there an issue with stock height E90s running a 255/35-19 up front in terms of diameter? Meaning does this rub the fender liner, either in front of or behind the tire, when turning the wheel through its arc? (I'm thinking here of my daughter's E46 zhp when running BFG R1 245/40-18s all around and how that diameter increase from stock 225/40 caused some minor rubbing due to it).

Thanks,
Chuck
__________________
Current Stable:
2011.5 M3 sedan 6MT, Silverstone, no sunroof, no EDC, but most other options
2001 M5 LeMans Blue/Silverstone
2006 330i 6MT Red/black, ZSP, Nav, etc.
2001 Audi S4 6MT; 1996 Volvo 850R wagon
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 08:09 AM   #8
crashcrf
Private First Class
crashcrf's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
185
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 E92
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: ct

iTrader: (3)

I found this:



He's running a 265/30 up front and a 295/30 in the rear


Fronts look perfect, I would go with 275 rear, what should I go with 275-30-19? or 275-35-19

Thanks!
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 08:28 AM   #9
Castr_85M
Captain
Castr_85M's Avatar
17
Rep
947
Posts

 
Drives: AW/Fox 6MT E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NYC

iTrader: (7)

I'm running 19x10 AG ZCP on Square 275/30. On KW sleeves with a bout a finger gap in the rear I was able to running 15mm spacer with 0 rubbing. Fronts I had to run a 5mm spacer and had to shave a very small piece of the of the spring height adjuster. Fronts were on full low and had 0 rubbing.
Final ET were 15mm front and 5mm rear.
__________________

E90 M3 AW/Extended FR•Ohlins•Borla•ACM•K&N•IND•BBS•Vredestein•Velos Designworks•Vorsteiner•BMW Performance•Lux AE•Arkym
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 08:39 AM   #10
ben@tirerack
M3Post Supporting Vendor
18
Rep
886
Posts

 
Drives: 740i
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South Bend, IN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5 View Post
Slicer, Ben,

OT a bit, but since you two are here...

Is there an issue with stock height E90s running a 255/35-19 up front in terms of diameter? Meaning does this rub the fender liner, either in front of or behind the tire, when turning the wheel through its arc? (I'm thinking here of my daughter's E46 zhp when running BFG R1 245/40-18s all around and how that diameter increase from stock 225/40 caused some minor rubbing due to it).

Thanks,
Chuck
Stock height and stock offsets, 255/35R19 works fine. If lowering or using spacers, it will often rub. You are correct that the height is more of an issue for fitment than the width for that size.

Edit: Just to clarify, this is in regard to the M3, which uses taller tires than the non-M cars. I don't think the 255/35R19 would be good on the front of a non-M E90.
__________________
_______________________________________________



To credit the forum, click through one of the banners in my signature and the top of the page, or call me direct at 877.522.8473 ext 660. Email:ben@tirerack.com

Last edited by ben@tirerack; 09-26-2013 at 08:53 AM.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 08:42 AM   #11
CSBM5
Captain
9
Rep
630
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3, 2001 M5, etc
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben@tirerack View Post
Stock height and stock offsets, 255/35R19 works fine. If lowering or using spacers, it will often rub. You are correct that the height is more of an issue for fitment than the width for that size.
Thanks Ben, that's what I thought. There seems to be plenty of room in these fenderwells front and rear as long as one pays attention to overall diameter (i.e. people run 295/30-18 fr and 315/30-18 Hoosier A6s for example).

Regards,
Chuck
__________________
Current Stable:
2011.5 M3 sedan 6MT, Silverstone, no sunroof, no EDC, but most other options
2001 M5 LeMans Blue/Silverstone
2006 330i 6MT Red/black, ZSP, Nav, etc.
2001 Audi S4 6MT; 1996 Volvo 850R wagon
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 09:26 AM   #12
ben@tirerack
M3Post Supporting Vendor
18
Rep
886
Posts

 
Drives: 740i
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South Bend, IN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashcrf View Post
I found this:

He's running a 265/30 up front and a 295/30 in the rear

Fronts look perfect, I would go with 275 rear, what should I go with 275-30-19? or 275-35-19

Thanks!
275/35R19 is the more common size to use on the M3 in general. But the larger height difference between 265/30R19 (25.2") and 275/35R19 (26.5") might be a little odd. Difference in height between the stock front and rear is 0.5".

That's part of why 265/30R19 and 295/30R19 is popular, it keeps the height difference similar to stock.

Given the sizes in the picture, his wheels are probably staggered.

275/30R19 square would probably be the best for what you are doing. With the 20mm offset on the wheels you propose, you could probably fine-tune the fit/stance a little with spacers to get exactly the positioning that you want within the wheel well as alofoque described doing.
__________________
_______________________________________________



To credit the forum, click through one of the banners in my signature and the top of the page, or call me direct at 877.522.8473 ext 660. Email:ben@tirerack.com
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 12:19 PM   #13
crashcrf
Private First Class
crashcrf's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
185
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 E92
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: ct

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben@tirerack View Post
275/35R19 is the more common size to use on the M3 in general. But the larger height difference between 265/30R19 (25.2") and 275/35R19 (26.5") might be a little odd. Difference in height between the stock front and rear is 0.5".

That's part of why 265/30R19 and 295/30R19 is popular, it keeps the height difference similar to stock.

Given the sizes in the picture, his wheels are probably staggered.

275/30R19 square would probably be the best for what you are doing. With the 20mm offset on the wheels you propose, you could probably fine-tune the fit/stance a little with spacers to get exactly the positioning that you want within the wheel well as alofoque described doing.

I would love to see a pic of this.. can anyone chime in.

This is so much help!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 12:45 PM   #14
tdott
Lieutenant
8
Rep
471
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: T.Dot

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashcrf View Post
I would love to see a pic of this.. can anyone chime in.

This is so much help!
Do some searching, there are alot of similar setups in the squared setup thread.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2013, 07:42 AM   #15
crashcrf
Private First Class
crashcrf's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
185
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 E92
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: ct

iTrader: (3)

What were your wheel offsets? .. Before the spacers where added
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2013, 07:43 AM   #16
crashcrf
Private First Class
crashcrf's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
185
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 E92
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: ct

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alofoque View Post
I'm running 19x10 AG ZCP on Square 275/30. On KW sleeves with a bout a finger gap in the rear I was able to running 15mm spacer with 0 rubbing. Fronts I had to run a 5mm spacer and had to shave a very small piece of the of the spring height adjuster. Fronts were on full low and had 0 rubbing.
Final ET were 15mm front and 5mm rear.
What were your wheel offsets before the spacers where added?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2013, 08:01 AM   #17
Castr_85M
Captain
Castr_85M's Avatar
17
Rep
947
Posts

 
Drives: AW/Fox 6MT E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NYC

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashcrf View Post
What were your wheel offsets before the spacers where added?
20 all around
__________________

E90 M3 AW/Extended FR•Ohlins•Borla•ACM•K&N•IND•BBS•Vredestein•Velos Designworks•Vorsteiner•BMW Performance•Lux AE•Arkym
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2013, 10:28 AM   #18
crashcrf
Private First Class
crashcrf's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
185
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 E92
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: ct

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alofoque View Post
20 all around
Thats awesome, can you post a pic?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #19
GTM_Challenge
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
GTM_Challenge's Avatar
United_States
114
Rep
2,833
Posts


 
Drives: E92 M3,X5M,F30 335
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (7)

Send a message via AIM to GTM_Challenge
This was 19x10 +20 all around on my old M3. I had this setup for a short while. If I recall I used a 3 or 5 mm spacer in front to clear my KW clubsports spring.





Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 05:40 AM   #20
crashcrf
Private First Class
crashcrf's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
185
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 E92
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: ct

iTrader: (3)

Thank you so much, What are your tire sizes?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST