BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-15-2013, 05:26 AM   #67
Top_Gear_Fan
Lieutenant
 
Top_Gear_Fan's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 404
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherpants View Post
Great car pics. Now how about some pics of pork dumplings from Din Tai Fung!
LOL it's funny you mention that but Din Tai Fung is so common here, we don't find it special enough to take pics of it. Besides, when it comes out piping hot and smelling delicious, I'm not patient enough to take pics and I scarf those dumplings DOWN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soorena View Post
Baller! Haha great car. I don't love it though. Too Adrian Newey-ish.
Adrian Newey??? Haha so you mean the car too nerdy! I can agree with some aspects of that.
Top_Gear_Fan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-25-2013, 04:24 AM   #68
Forced_Induction
New Member
 
Forced_Induction's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: CA

Posts: 11
iTrader: (0)

Life must be easy for you
Forced_Induction is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #69
mzem
Private
 
mzem's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 135, '05 Boxster S
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Minneapolis area

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
My dad loves to preach that there are very few joys in life that are better than acquiring things that I worked hard for.
Well stated. My father said that to me over and over. My parents bought me a new car when I got my license ('88 VW GTI 16V) and paid for my college education. While my dad doesn't have the very impressive car collection that yours does, he has managed to accumulate an Aston V12 Vanquish, Maser QP, a '65 Impala SS conver, a 66 Impala SS coupe, and a couple of chopped '38 Ford coupes. While I had the car/education covered, I was expected to maintain a part time job during school. I also worked a full-time summer job. One summer my dad was "kind" enough to get me a job through a friend as a brick tender. He also found me a few jobs painting some family friend's houses in the evening hours and weekends. At the time I liked the work, but now I fully understand that he was helping build a solid foundation for my future. While I will enherit a decent amount of money in the future, I'm really not concerned about it as I intend to make my 1st million before I turn 48.
__________________
'09 135i, Jet Black, Savanna Beige, Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Heated Seats.
mzem is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-23-2013, 02:04 AM   #70
Top_Gear_Fan
Lieutenant
 
Top_Gear_Fan's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 404
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzem View Post
Well stated. My father said that to me over and over. My parents bought me a new car when I got my license ('88 VW GTI 16V) and paid for my college education. While my dad doesn't have the very impressive car collection that yours does, he has managed to accumulate an Aston V12 Vanquish, Maser QP, a '65 Impala SS conver, a 66 Impala SS coupe, and a couple of chopped '38 Ford coupes. While I had the car/education covered, I was expected to maintain a part time job during school. I also worked a full-time summer job. One summer my dad was "kind" enough to get me a job through a friend as a brick tender. He also found me a few jobs painting some family friend's houses in the evening hours and weekends. At the time I liked the work, but now I fully understand that he was helping build a solid foundation for my future. While I will enherit a decent amount of money in the future, I'm really not concerned about it as I intend to make my 1st million before I turn 48.
You definitely work harder than me!
Top_Gear_Fan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #71
3002 tii
Major General
 
3002 tii's Avatar
 
Drives: flat out
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NNJ

Posts: 7,938
iTrader: (43)

Garage List
your dad is rolling in a mclaren and you're taking pics with a crappy iphone 4s!?!?! come on bro! lol
__________________

Recaro | Volk | AST | Vorshlag | Quaife | Stoptech | Active Autowerke | BMW Performance

Click here for my track videos
3002 tii is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-23-2013, 12:58 PM   #72
Top_Gear_Fan
Lieutenant
 
Top_Gear_Fan's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 404
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 Tii View Post
your dad is rolling in a mclaren and you're taking pics with a crappy iphone 4s!?!?! come on bro! lol
LOL

I got a camera recently alright! But I haven't had a chance to go back to see the McLaren with my new camera yet. I'll be going back in December.
Top_Gear_Fan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2014, 12:41 PM   #73
Top_Gear_Fan
Lieutenant
 
Top_Gear_Fan's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 404
iTrader: (0)

New pics new thread.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...2#post15342092
Top_Gear_Fan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2014, 01:53 PM   #74
BMWEpic
Enlisted Member
 
BMWEpic's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 135i
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas

Posts: 36
iTrader: (0)

Wow. Gorgeous pictures, love the McLaren especially! What a sharp color.
__________________
BMWEpic
View my cars on Garagesocial.com
BMWEpic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2014, 04:07 AM   #75
davey111483
Private
 
davey111483's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i M Performance 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: SoCal

Posts: 57
iTrader: (0)

If you need a brother I'm 1 PM away. LOL
davey111483 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2014, 10:09 AM   #76
Ezio
Colonel
 
Ezio's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI

Posts: 2,411
iTrader: (0)

never really been a big mclaren guy. never really liked the looks of the car, or the engine.

I prefer a Ferrari over mclearn, sure the mclaren might be a better car. but the Ferrari is more of a emotional car.
__________________
Ezio is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2014, 12:55 PM   #77
p][m
Registered
 
Drives: E91 320D
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Portugal

Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

Great cars...
p][m is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2014, 03:10 PM   #78
Top_Gear_Fan
Lieutenant
 
Top_Gear_Fan's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 404
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWEpic View Post
Wow. Gorgeous pictures, love the McLaren especially! What a sharp color.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey111483 View Post
If you need a brother I'm 1 PM away. LOL
Sorry, already have a brother lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
never really been a big mclaren guy. never really liked the looks of the car, or the engine.

I prefer a Ferrari over mclearn, sure the mclaren might be a better car. but the Ferrari is more of a emotional car.
I prefer the Novitec 458 my dad had as well, too bad that thing was so riddled with problems my dad go tired of it and sold it. Replacing it with a McLaren isn't exactly SAD, but I definitely miss the 458. The noise the Ferrari made is just so invigorating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p][m View Post
Great cars...
Thank you!
Top_Gear_Fan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:54 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST