BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

GetBMWParts

09-21-2013, 07:11 PM   #1
hl0m4n
Brigadier General

Drives: BMW

Angry ► WTF Is this Sh*t - Speed Not Reasonable & Prudent

i live in a real residential neighborhood with a park near by. i was leaving my neighborhood and there was a cop just leaving the park parking lot (they usually stop by as teens smoke weed and stuff).

i pass him and as he pulls out of the parking lot he turns on his lights and pulls me over. long story short he gives me this ticket that has no speed limit and just says speed not reasonable & prudent.

wtf is this shit. there are no speed signs in the whole neighborhood and i wasn't speeding just driving the same speed and way i do every fucking day.

i can't believe i got pulled over literally just down the street from my house. i tried to tell the cop i live here and that is the speed everyone goes and he just replied "well it was too fast".

wtf are you fucking kidding me this guy doesn't even live here....

this ticket makes no sense.

since there is no speed over is this a speeding ticket? points?

sorry for the vent but this is just one of those cases where it makes no sense of getting a ticket. i mean its my fucking neighborhood or in this matter the street that i live on

and if that wasn't enough he added a no front plate as well... cause you know he is a big douche.
Want To Buy:
hl0m4n is offline   United_States
      09-21-2013, 07:30 PM   #2
Endless619
DHS

Drives: bmw x5, m3, Acura TL

Hopefully you signed nothing and took pictures of both sides of the road/lot.

Easily beatable in court.
Endless619 is offline   Spain
      09-21-2013, 07:32 PM   #3
miamiflgator
Private

Drives: m3

If there is no sign, then the limit is 30 mph. What was your speed?
      09-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #4
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 6|Ridge 1:54:61|Pacific 1:35:72

Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiflgator View Post
If there is no sign, then the limit is 30 mph. What was your speed?
that would depend on the county i believe. its established somewhere for all roads that arent marked.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings & bearings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW race|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
1MOREMOD is online now   United_States
      09-23-2013, 05:03 PM   #5
The Mail Man
550gt

Drives: The Lane

09-23-2013, 09:05 PM   #6
WantM3

Drives: E92 M3

Do you have an aftermarket exhaust? Because I was pulled over the other day by undercover cops and their reason was because I was speeding. And when I asked how fast was I going they said "fast enough to get pulled over". I didn't do more than 15mph because I wasn't able to do more due to the street being pretty busy. I came to the conclusion that it was probably my meisterschaft gt2 exhaust because they didn't see me speed but heard my car so they assumed I was speeding due to the loudness of my car. I didn't receive a ticket though. But I assume because they heard your car they used that excuse due to the fact that they didn't know how fast you were going.
      09-23-2013, 09:39 PM   #7
M3_FJ
Captain

Drives: ///M

I actually got the same ticket a long time ago. Basically what it is stating "Speed not Reasonable & Prudent" means the officer felt that you were driving too fast for the conditions present (rain, snow, school zone, etc) I got popped drag racing and he got me for he said 120mph. To save me a world of hell he gave me that ticket instead because it carried no points(20 years ago)