BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

ESS Tuning

08-17-2013, 10:53 PM   #1
Rev ///Me
My V8 Brings All the Boys to the Yard.
United_States
Rep

Drives: Something

Dinan Front Strut Bars and Front Spacer Questions

I have a '13 e92 with the Comp Pack. It's my daily driver as well so I don't want to compromise ride or the dynamics of the car.

1. I've ordered the Dinan Front Strut Bars, will I notice better turn in and crisper handling when taking it down a twisty backroad?

2. I'm on stock suspension and want to widen the stance a tad and give it that menacing look. What's the best spacer size to go with front and rear to give it a nice mean look without messing up the dynamics of the car?

3. Can someone suggest a set-up that will lower my car(remember I'm stock with ZCP) but won't compromise ride? I don't want it to be too low so I scrape but I would like to fill in the wheel gap a little without compromising the dynamics of the car.
      08-17-2013, 11:26 PM   #2
FogCityM3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: M3 (E90)

On pt #3, you may want to look into the Dinan Stage I suspension setup... will only lower ZCP by 1/2 inch from what is currently, and from what others have said, don't think there is any rougher ride vs what you have already. I think I would have ordered it, but already scraping the front driveway to my house makes it a non-starter for me..but definitely talk to them.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2013, 06:25 PM   #3
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011.5 Dinan ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoweredBy///M View Post
I have a '13 e92 with the Comp Pack. It's my daily driver as well so I don't want to compromise ride or the dynamics of the car.

1. I've ordered the Dinan Front Strut Bars, will I notice better turn in and crisper handling when taking it down a twisty backroad?

2. I'm on stock suspension and want to widen the stance a tad and give it that menacing look. What's the best spacer size to go with front and rear to give it a nice mean look without messing up the dynamics of the car?

3. Can someone suggest a set-up that will lower my car(remember I'm stock with ZCP) but won't compromise ride? I don't want it to be too low so I scrape but I would like to fill in the wheel gap a little without compromising the dynamics of the car.
You won't notice anything beside the way they look under the hood.......Phil
2011.5 E92 Dinan///M3: SSII DCT- Comp, Prem 2, and Conv Pkg, Heated Seats, Enhanced Prem Sound, Edition Grills/Gills, M Performance Steering Wheel, Carbon Fiber Performance Spoiler, BMW Pedals, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan X-Pipe, Dinan Carbon Fiber Intake, Dinan Software Tune, Dinan DCT Tune, Dinan Pulley Kit, Dinan CH-R Wheels, Dinan Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces, Arkym Lip, IND M5 Mirror Caps, Carbon Reflectors, Lux H8 V3, Brembo 365mm BBK
Appreciate 0