BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Strasse Wheels

08-28-2007, 05:49 PM   #199
Stahlgrau
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: Backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
Stahlgrau, I am so sorry, what was I thinking?....A beemer has that nice shiny roundel that polishes up so pretty, why would I have any concerns, well, maybe just one, making sure I'm seen by the important people in my dreamy beemer and making sure I bash those losers who don't sing the high praises my baby deserves. Beemers rule and don't you forget it! Everyone else is simply a cry baby wanna be me in my beemer.
All cars are full of electronics these days that could break when out of warranty. Deal with it.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2007, 05:50 PM   #200
Stahlgrau
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
LOL. Anyone see Clarkson on Top Gear struggling with all the M5 buttons? It was hilarious. Once he found the right button is was all good but really he went on bashing the technology for a stretch. It does make you wonder!

What does it make you wonder? Yes, the first few times you use it, it may be tedious, but after using it every day, I'd hope one would get the hang of it.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2007, 11:02 PM   #201
Davo2003
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe Jerez and loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stahlgrau View Post
What does it make you wonder? Yes, the first few times you use it, it may be tedious, but after using it every day, I'd hope one would get the hang of it.

I think it all depends on the person, Clarkson probably doesn't even have a laptop. After all the bashing of the iDrive system I ordered it anyway on my 06 330i, I found it to be really usefull and fun to interact with, not to mention simple to operate. So, don't believe everything you read or hear. If you are technologically inclined at all, all the electronic gizmos on the car will add to your overall enjoyment of the vehicle. That's my 2 cents worth.
      08-30-2007, 09:34 PM   #202
Stahlgrau
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo2003 View Post
I think it all depends on the person, Clarkson probably doesn't even have a laptop. After all the bashing of the iDrive system I ordered it anyway on my 06 330i, I found it to be really usefull and fun to interact with, not to mention simple to operate. So, don't believe everything you read or hear. If you are technologically inclined at all, all the electronic gizmos on the car will add to your overall enjoyment of the vehicle. That's my 2 cents worth.
Exactly and I'm sure this is pretty normal.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 10:01 AM   #203
ruff
Conspicuous consumption
Rep

Drives: 987 S .2, Lemond Zurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
a beemer is a motorcycle.
a bimmer is an automobile.
I am aware of that, that was my intent.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2007, 02:30 PM   #204
Sedan_Clan
Banned
Brazil
Rep

Drives: '14 335i(prev.IB,AW M3's & X5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
+0.5

You will have a much harder time finding a buyer, but there is always the odd purist buyer out there who will be after a stick, set suspension, and no M drive.

Like myself. Chances are that I'll end up opting for something aftermarket like I've done in the past, so I won't shell out the cash for EDC and M-drive.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2007, 06:49 PM   #205
the_stranger
Captain
India
Rep

Drives: e92 M3 6MT

Garage List
i like electronics and cars, so thanks to BMW, I will have one of the best of both in one machine.

2008 e92 M3 6MT AW/BLACK (SOLD)
2009 e92 M3 6MT AW/FR
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2007, 07:49 PM   #206
kishg
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 2003 540i/6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavNurs View Post
Call me a purist.......I will skip both, along with power seats. I am not sure how much weight this will account for though every pound counts!

There seem to be plenty of "options" now available on cars which are somewhat useless. Seriously, who needs headlights that come on when it gets dark, or rain sensing wipers. Folks who are unable to tell when it gets dark, or when it is raining simply should not drive!
+1, besides, i always find that the rain sensing wipers in both my 540 and X5 are either too sensitive or not enough. im always fiddling with the sensitivity control on the stalk, might as well just have manual control. the one thing i do like about auto lights is that you cant leave your lights on by accident.
BMWCCA #360858 SCCA# 374179 NASA # 128290
Appreciate 0