BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-28-2013, 11:52 AM   #287
Hai_Cheo
Captain
101
Rep
701
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Miami

iTrader: (1)

Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 10:10 AM   #288
cprx7
Private First Class
cprx7's Avatar
3
Rep
168
Posts

Drives: 2011 X5 50i
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

Does anyone know if a tire size 295/30/20 et29 width 11 would rub on a e92 m3?
TIA
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 08:05 PM   #289
BIU
Captain
13
Rep
642
Posts

Drives: 2008 A22 E90 M3 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprx7 View Post
Does anyone know if a tire size 295/30/20 et29 width 11 would rub on a e92 m3?
TIA

You will be fine

The norm around these parts:

11" ET30 - 305
11" ET25 - 295
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 08:43 PM   #290
qik1320
New Member
2
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: nothing yet
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: toronto

iTrader: (0)

19x9 front and 19x10 rear

Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 10:46 PM   #291
cprx7
Private First Class
cprx7's Avatar
3
Rep
168
Posts

Drives: 2011 X5 50i
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIU View Post
You will be fine

The norm around these parts:

11" ET30 - 305
11" ET25 - 295
Ok so I can even go with 305 30 20 and still be ok? I thought wheel would be way too tall at this point

Here are pics of my car and fitment as of right now..... I hope you are right as I am ready to replace the rear tires for some more meaty ones

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated it


Untitled by supralx570, on Flickr

Untitled by supralx570, on Flickr

Last edited by cprx7; 08-01-2013 at 10:54 PM.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 11:52 PM   #292
slicer
Brigadier General
slicer's Avatar
79
Rep
4,043
Posts

Drives: '13 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprx7 View Post
Ok so I can even go with 305 30 20 and still be ok? I thought wheel would be way too tall at this point

Here are pics of my car and fitment as of right now..... I hope you are right as I am ready to replace the rear tires for some more meaty ones

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated it
No you can not fit a 305/30/20. That will be too tall. Your options include 285/30/20, 295/25/20, 305/25/20. I had those same wheels in the past (20x11 et29) and I used 305/25/20 Pirelli pzero Nero with zero rubbing on eibach springs. The Nero seems to run a little narrow but I don't think you will have issues with other brands.
__________________
'13 M3 - Silverstone II - Sold
'04 M3 - Jet Black - BBS E88, KW Clubsports
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 02:04 AM   #293
BIU
Captain
13
Rep
642
Posts

Drives: 2008 A22 E90 M3 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
No you can not fit a 305/30/20. That will be too tall. Your options include 285/30/20, 295/25/20, 305/25/20. I had those same wheels in the past (20x11 et29) and I used 305/25/20 Pirelli pzero Nero with zero rubbing on eibach springs. The Nero seems to run a little narrow but I don't think you will have issues with other brands.
The slice have spoken
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 11:42 PM   #294
slicer
Brigadier General
slicer's Avatar
79
Rep
4,043
Posts

Drives: '13 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIU View Post
The slice have spoken
Hahahaha
__________________
'13 M3 - Silverstone II - Sold
'04 M3 - Jet Black - BBS E88, KW Clubsports
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2013, 10:53 AM   #295
ashtaron14
Lieutenant
ashtaron14's Avatar
Hong Kong
25
Rep
575
Posts

Drives: E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: HK

iTrader: (0)

ZCP, Rays RE30 Clubsport, Pilot SS
18x9.5 +22, 255/35
18x11 +18, 285/35

__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 08:44 PM   #296
M3/4 life
First Lieutenant
M3/4 life's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
366
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: League City, Texas

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2004 Lexus RX 330  [0.00]
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Bump

for a great thread!
__________________
2009 E92 M3 DCT: BPM tune + DCT tune & Servotronic | Velos Solo VII 19x 8.5, 19x11 | Michelin Pilot Super Sport 255/35/19 front 295/30/19 rear | M Performance Exhaust | BCM Air Intake Filter
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 11:28 PM   #297
little_meech
Second Lieutenant
8
Rep
293
Posts

Drives: 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: United States

iTrader: (1)

Anyone running rear toe arms? Looking to fit my 19x12 +25 rears with a 295/30 and stay lowwww. Ill be running kw club sport coils so hopefully the linear springs give me more inner clearance.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 12:42 PM   #298
slicer
Brigadier General
slicer's Avatar
79
Rep
4,043
Posts

Drives: '13 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_meech View Post
Anyone running rear toe arms? Looking to fit my 19x12 +25 rears with a 295/30 and stay lowwww. Ill be running kw club sport coils so hopefully the linear springs give me more inner clearance.
I don't think toe-arms will help much, if any, with fitment. KW club sports do have linear springs but they are not true coil-over's in the rear. Inner clearance will not be improved with the clubsports in the rear because the spring is located outside of the path of the wheels / tires. Clubsports will however reduce your inner clearance in the front.
__________________
'13 M3 - Silverstone II - Sold
'04 M3 - Jet Black - BBS E88, KW Clubsports
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 02:45 PM   #299
Skooterbrah
First Lieutenant
Skooterbrah's Avatar
14
Rep
345
Posts

Drives: 08 alpine white dct
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

New setup. About as aggressive as I am willing to go.



__________________
-08 E92 Brushed Steel DCT-
KW V3's - AR Design - Volk TE37 - Vorsteiner - ESS/AR 700
-2012 GTR Premium-
Jacks 3.8 - Jacks Drag 800 w/ billet gears - AAM GT-900R - Swift - DPE ST7's - Ecutek via Visconti - 9.4 @150mph 7200ft DA - 185.5mph 1/2 mile 9240ft DA
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 03:37 PM   #300
pkimM3r
Banned
pkimM3r's Avatar
103
Rep
7,315
Posts

Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lost angeles

iTrader: (0)

i almost thought i just saw a 335 up there...why would you paint the back like a 335 msport?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2013, 01:15 PM   #301
Hai_Cheo
Captain
101
Rep
701
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Miami

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skooterbrah View Post
New setup. About as aggressive as I am willing to go.



that's ALOT of tire, you probably have a nice chunk of power to warrant those, looks good
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2013, 07:10 PM   #302
SilentAttack
Lieutenant Colonel
SilentAttack's Avatar
33
Rep
1,660
Posts

Drives: 08 E90 Jerez Black 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Nashville, TN

iTrader: (0)

Looks like your rubbing already...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2013, 09:49 PM   #303
M3ryder55
Major
35
Rep
1,118
Posts

Drives: 15' MW/SO ETA August
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chatsworth, CA

iTrader: (2)




Appreciate 0
      09-15-2013, 02:13 AM   #304
sipi
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: e92 m3 dct
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Finland

iTrader: (0)

Any suggestions,
Currently bbs-ch-r 9" 255/35/19 front, et20 Rear 10.5" 285/30/19" et25
Hankook S1 tires

Looking for proper spacers, I measured that I just might be able to add 12mm spacers front and rear, but any experience? Am I pushing too much? if going to spacers, I really want hubcentric ones, that no vibration issues.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 12:35 PM   #305
ApexRaceParts
BimmerPost Supporting Dealership
55
Rep
874
Posts


Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ryder55 View Post
Those ARC-8's look fantastic on your car with those meaty R-S3's!
__________________
| Product Specialist | Phone: 925.245.0773 | Email: info@apexraceparts.com |

Website |Facebook | Instagram |Blog |
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 01:11 PM   #306
Sal@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Sal@AUTOcouture's Avatar
224
Rep
9,843
Posts


Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (29)

Send a message via AIM to Sal@AUTOcouture
Here's mine on 20" LM's

20x9+10 245/30/20
20x10,5+15 275/30/20
Attached Images
  
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 09:19 PM   #307
little_meech
Second Lieutenant
8
Rep
293
Posts

Drives: 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: United States

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
I don't think toe-arms will help much, if any, with fitment. KW club sports do have linear springs but they are not true coil-over's in the rear. Inner clearance will not be improved with the clubsports in the rear because the spring is located outside of the path of the wheels / tires. Clubsports will however reduce your inner clearance in the front.
Thanks! Yeah I needed inner clearance, the inner rear fitment was a breeze.

Any ideas on good tire brands?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 10:00 PM   #308
slicer
Brigadier General
slicer's Avatar
79
Rep
4,043
Posts

Drives: '13 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_meech View Post
Thanks! Yeah I needed inner clearance, the inner rear fitment was a breeze.

Any ideas on good tire brands?
I think you were planning on 295/30/19. If so I recommend Michelin PSS for street or Yokohama AD08R for street/track. I would pair that with 275/30/19 in the front if you have 9.5" wide + front wheels.
__________________
'13 M3 - Silverstone II - Sold
'04 M3 - Jet Black - BBS E88, KW Clubsports
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:31 PM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST