BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-28-2013, 02:21 PM   #67
rjd598
Brigadier General
 
rjd598's Avatar
 
Drives: 10' M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego,CA

Posts: 4,251
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Miniz racer View Post
Has anyone tried the BMW Leather Cleaner/Conditioner lotion?
rebranded lexol if i'm not mistaken
__________________
10 E90 M3/dct/ztp/zpp/heated seats/eps/19'/iPod
retired- 08 535i/nav/prem./L7/ipod
retired- 06 325i/nav/prem./sat/xenons/style 128

rjd598 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #68
///M Power-Belgium
Colonel
 
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
 
Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

Posts: 2,374
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA///M3 View Post
Ha ha, I know, no salesman, but I trust your opinions. So far your posts have been excellent. I will post the results and pics. it is kind of crappy here the past week and into next week, so I will need to find a few half decent days to treat the leather and let it set in for a few days. My father in law has an old '99 e46 323 that could use a good leather treatment as well. I will tackle that after my ///M....
Thanks for the trust,and i'm 100% sure...you will have a very good result
I'm looking out for your pics...i will not miss them !
///M Power-Belgium is offline   Belgium
0
Reply With Quote
      06-28-2013, 02:46 PM   #69
///M Power-Belgium
Colonel
 
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
 
Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

Posts: 2,374
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
rebranded lexol if i'm not mistaken
Lexol was also on my list of 6-7 brands....treated my Novillo with it... nope...nada...same as nothing
///M Power-Belgium is offline   Belgium
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2013, 06:58 PM   #70
dhomoney
New Member
 
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Park Hill, OK

Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Anyone ever use leather honey for your cars? I have used on other leather products and it works incredible.
dhomoney is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-07-2013, 03:13 PM   #71
MA///M3
Banned
 
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 DCT COUPE
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BOSTON, MA

Posts: 346
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Thanks for the trust,and i'm 100% sure...you will have a very good result
I'm looking out for your pics...i will not miss them !
just finished with the interior of the car. It looks good, an improvement for sure. I don't think my seats were too bad to begin with, but they look nice and clean. I think I could have been more liberal with the oil, I will remember that for next time. All looks good except the couple of worn parts i inherited from the 1st owner, where only repair would fix. However, the oil and the clean did a good job making it looks less noticeable. Hard work, lots of sweat. It f'n hot out here. I will post pics shortly. Thanks Belgium.
Herew are some pics, i had to resize them so they don't look so good....
Attached Images
    

Last edited by MA///M3; 07-08-2013 at 11:41 AM.
MA///M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-07-2013, 10:34 PM   #72
///Miniz racer
Private
 
///Miniz racer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Lime Rock M3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: LA 626

Posts: 86
iTrader: (0)

Hows the feedback on the Chemical Guys stuff?
///Miniz racer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #73
///M Power-Belgium
Colonel
 
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
 
Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

Posts: 2,374
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA///M3 View Post
just finished with the interior of the car. It looks good, an improvement for sure. I don't think my seats were too bad to begin with, but they look nice and clean. I think I could have been more liberal with the oil, I will remember that for next time. All looks good except the couple of worn parts i inherited from the 1st owner, where only repair would fix. However, the oil and the clean did a good job making it looks less noticeable. Hard work, lots of sweat. It f'n hot out here. I will post pics shortly. Thanks Belgium.
Herew are some pics, i had to resize them so they don't look so good....
Haaah...your keeping your word,i like people like this
Treatment looks good,but did you also the steering wheel..with the Prestin clean ,looks so shiny... that's not normal ?!?!
And yes... i know all about the sweat
Anyway....Very good from you....
///M Power-Belgium is offline   Belgium
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2013, 04:52 PM   #74
MA///M3
Banned
 
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 DCT COUPE
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BOSTON, MA

Posts: 346
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Haaah...your keeping your word,i like people like this
Treatment looks good,but did you also the steering wheel..with the Prestin clean ,looks so shiny... that's not normal ?!?!
And yes... i know all about the sweat
Anyway....Very good from you....
Hey thanks. I did use the Prestine on the steering wheel. Too shiny? maybe I should go over it again?
MA///M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-09-2013, 09:18 AM   #75
///M Power-Belgium
Colonel
 
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
 
Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

Posts: 2,374
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA///M3 View Post
Hey thanks. I did use the Prestine on the steering wheel. Too shiny? maybe I should go over it again?
The Oem. look of the Novillo ///M3 leather looks very matte (Oem look)
The steering wheel gets shiny from friction, wear and sweat of our hands,so...yes you can try again,actualy before this pic. vvv i did my steering wheel 3 times
Attached Images
 
///M Power-Belgium is offline   Belgium
0
Reply With Quote
      07-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #76
MA///M3
Banned
 
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 DCT COUPE
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BOSTON, MA

Posts: 346
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
The Oem. look of the Novillo ///M3 leather looks very matte (Oem look)
The steering wheel gets shiny from friction, wear and sweat of our hands,so...yes you can try again,actualy before this pic. vvv i did my steering wheel 3 times
that make sense. i will use the pristine again on the steering wheel.
MA///M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-09-2013, 02:25 PM   #77
///M Power-Belgium
Colonel
 
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
 
Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

Posts: 2,374
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA///M3 View Post
that make sense. i will use the pristine again on the steering wheel.
Very good man,and i feel ....we understand each other.... nice
///M Power-Belgium is offline   Belgium
0
Reply With Quote
      07-09-2013, 02:35 PM   #78
Z K
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Z K's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 1,861
iTrader: (3)

Normally the steering wheel is very matte. If it is glossy or shiny looking, it means it's dirty or the leather is worn.
__________________
Auto Detailing Enthusiast!
Z K is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #79
flea333
First Lieutenant
 
flea333's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3 ZCP, LMB, DCT
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 368
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
I had a detailer use this Celijet leather cleaner on mine right after I bought it. It's supposed to prevent stains from dirt and spills. I paid my previous BMW dealership $800 to coat my car outside and in with their stuff - I paid this guy $200.

My new leather smell is still there which I'm happy about. The leather is still natural looking (not treated shiny!). When I got the car back I wondered if the protectant made the Bamboo Beige leather I have more orange. I can't really tell, so I figure it's not enough to be a problem.

I did notice there was a mark still left on the seat, so I wonder how well they applied it. I used some Maguiers to clean the mark off.

Now I don't want to interfere with the Celijet protectant with other cleaners, but I do want to wipe it down with some mild detergent. What should that be?
__________________
2013 M3 LMB, DCT, ZCP, Premium, EPS, Bamboo Beige, Apps, sunroof
flea333 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-21-2013, 12:20 AM   #80
rjd598
Brigadier General
 
rjd598's Avatar
 
Drives: 10' M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego,CA

Posts: 4,251
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flea333 View Post
I had a detailer use this Celijet leather cleaner on mine right after I bought it. It's supposed to prevent stains from dirt and spills. I paid my previous BMW dealership $800 to coat my car outside and in with their stuff - I paid this guy $200.

My new leather smell is still there which I'm happy about. The leather is still natural looking (not treated shiny!). When I got the car back I wondered if the protectant made the Bamboo Beige leather I have more orange. I can't really tell, so I figure it's not enough to be a problem.

I did notice there was a mark still left on the seat, so I wonder how well they applied it. I used some Maguiers to clean the mark off.

Now I don't want to interfere with the Celijet protectant with other cleaners, but I do want to wipe it down with some mild detergent. What should that be?
The leather in our cars doesn't need to be coated with anything. They are already coated from the factory if I'm not mistaken.
__________________
10 E90 M3/dct/ztp/zpp/heated seats/eps/19'/iPod
retired- 08 535i/nav/prem./L7/ipod
retired- 06 325i/nav/prem./sat/xenons/style 128

rjd598 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #81
ChrisK
Brigadier General
 
ChrisK's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: IL

Posts: 4,811
iTrader: (4)

I have tried so many leather products, and I keep going back to Zaino.

Z-9 Leather Soft Spray Cleaner

Z-10 Leather in a Bottle

Leaves leather a matte finish, smells great, leaves no film on non-leather parts of the car.
__________________

2011 E92 M3: AW/BLK • DCT
Europäische Lieferung am 6. August 2010
ChrisK is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST