BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Evolve Automotive
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #23
Sedan_Clan
Banned
Brazil
130
Rep
10,918
Posts

 
Drives: '14 335i(prev.IB,AW M3's & X5)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
seriously. if you bought this car mpg should not be on the top of your list of concerns

Regardless of that, it still doesn't mean that you have to be "okay" with subpar gas mileage when it is possible to extract more from the car.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #24
///M3THOD
Lieutenant Colonel
///M3THOD's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,571
Posts

 
Drives: '14 F10 M5 CP
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ATL/Buckhead

iTrader: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snig View Post
Hey guys, I just reset my MPG meter and it's reading 99.9 MPG!

Zomg this car is amazing! Should I start a new thread?!?


Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
you're doing it wrong.

Lol! ...what a fucking tool.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2013, 03:30 AM   #25
rjd598
Brigadier General
rjd598's Avatar
United_States
55
Rep
4,644
Posts

 
Drives: 10' M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego,CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Regardless of that, it still doesn't mean that you have to be "okay" with subpar gas mileage when it is possible to extract more from the car.
It's a v8 that revs to 8250rpm...how much are you really going to extract out of it
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2013, 04:32 AM   #26
Sedan_Clan
Banned
Brazil
130
Rep
10,918
Posts

 
Drives: '14 335i(prev.IB,AW M3's & X5)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Regardless of that, it still doesn't mean that you have to be "okay" with subpar gas mileage when it is possible to extract more from the car.
It's a v8 that revs to 8250rpm...how much are you really going to extract out of it
20 MPG's or close to it, just like multiple people in this thread and others. It's really not that hard based on the way "I" drive.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2013, 08:39 PM   #27
TOSKABG
vekize
TOSKABG's Avatar
0
Rep
74
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW E92/ZCP/DCT/
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Belvidere,IL

iTrader: (0)

Weird...this is impossible with M3...how you drive, downhill or somehing alse...I don't even remember seeing better than 18 MPG...
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2013, 08:50 PM   #28
TrevorM3
Major
15
Rep
1,493
Posts

 
Drives: S54
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
20 MPG's or close to it, just like multiple people in this thread and others. It's really not that hard based on the way "I" drive.


If your consistently getting 20+mpg in an M3, you should just sell it. Seriously.

Your not driving it correctly. Buy a 328.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2013, 10:30 PM   #29
Sedan_Clan
Banned
Brazil
130
Rep
10,918
Posts

 
Drives: '14 335i(prev.IB,AW M3's & X5)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
If your consistently getting 20+mpg in an M3, you should just sell it. Seriously.

Your not driving it correctly. Buy a 328.
LOL! And here we go......too funny! I've been driving M3's ever since you were 12 years old "Mr. 22 year old whipper snapper who is still waiting to graduate college", and I've had my fair share of gas guzzling fun behind the wheel of multiple M3's (..but I prefer to exercise my speed cravings by racing/tracking bikes, something I've diligently been involved with since 2007, and I can probably put down a string of hot laps in a car or on a bike that would probably make your head spin). How about you worry about your driving habits and what stimulates you, and let me worry about mine. The STREET is no longer my playground (...at least not in the manner in which you assert), especially if I'm expected to practice what I preach when I'm enforcing traffic law.

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 06-30-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2013, 08:11 AM   #30
Sean05
Putcha ang ganda...
Sean05's Avatar
Philippines
89
Rep
5,331
Posts

 
Drives: 08 MR E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Brea CA.

iTrader: (9)

Send a message via Yahoo to Sean05
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
you're doing it wrong.

__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2013, 09:12 AM   #31
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
117
Rep
8,517
Posts

 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (6)

alright to be serious here...27 mpgs is a awesome figure. On my long distance road trips, I aim for 24 mpgs, so obviously 27 kicks ass in these terms. I also found out since I updated from original 2008 engine software to 240E engine software, the car has gotten more efficient by about 2 mpgs on the highway (nothing noticible in city), and I haven't changed the way I drive.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #32
ottoblotto
///M-Flight Bavaria
ottoblotto's Avatar
Germany
18
Rep
1,210
Posts

 
Drives: E90M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Im around

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2011.75 BMW M3 E90  [5.00]
2010 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
and 100 rock chips later you saved 2 dollars.
__________________
"With great power comes great responsibility." -El-Superbeasto
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2013, 10:51 AM   #33
Sedan_Clan
Banned
Brazil
130
Rep
10,918
Posts

 
Drives: '14 335i(prev.IB,AW M3's & X5)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
alright to be serious here...27 mpgs is a awesome figure. On my long distance road trips, I aim for 24 mpgs, so obviously 27 kicks ass in these terms. I also found out since I updated from original 2008 engine software to 240E engine software, the car has gotten more efficient by about 2 mpgs on the highway (nothing noticible in city), and I haven't changed the way I drive.
...but didn't you know? You're not driving it like it's supposed to be driven. Sell it, buy a Prius and a Greenpeace T-shirt!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2013, 11:08 AM   #34
John Tanglewood
Porn Star
John Tanglewood's Avatar
48
Rep
2,151
Posts

 
Drives: 09' R8 -- 11' M3 (sold)
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Stamford, CT

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2 View Post
Common wisdom says the M3 gets pretty crappy average MPG. I am showing 27.6.
I'm confused by your post.
__________________

My M3 is for sale here
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #35
TrevorM3
Major
15
Rep
1,493
Posts

 
Drives: S54
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
LOL! And here we go......too funny! I've been driving M3's ever since you were 12 years old "Mr. 22 year old whipper snapper who is still waiting to graduate college", and I've had my fair share of gas guzzling fun behind the wheel of multiple M3's (..but I prefer to exercise my speed cravings by racing/tracking bikes, something I've diligently been involved with since 2007, and I can probably put down a string of hot laps in a car or on a bike that would probably make your head spin). How about you worry about your driving habits and what stimulates you, and let me worry about mine. The STREET is no longer my playground (...at least not in the manner in which you assert), especially if I'm expected to practice what I preach when I'm enforcing traffic law.

Didn't really ask for a life story. Thanks for checking in on me though, i feel special.

I just don't understand why your clamoring over the fact that a 4.0 high revving V8 doesn't get 20+mpg. It is what it is, i'm guessing you expect a c63 to get 30mpg.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2013, 01:48 PM   #36
DopeM3
M Power
DopeM3's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
1,295
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH

iTrader: (8)

Appreciate 0
      07-01-2013, 02:25 PM   #37
Sedan_Clan
Banned
Brazil
130
Rep
10,918
Posts

 
Drives: '14 335i(prev.IB,AW M3's & X5)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
Didn't really ask for a life story. Thanks for checking in on me though, i feel special.

I just don't understand why your clamoring over the fact that a 4.0 high revving V8 doesn't get 20+mpg. It is what it is, i'm guessing you expect a c63 to get 30mpg.

Just to put this to rest, the car CAN achieve 18-20 MPG (..mixed driving) when driven conservatively/within normal speed limits. My mileage per full tank (..not the LED MPG display) doesn't lie.

330-ish miles / 16 gallons = 20-ish MPG's. It's not rocket science!


Let's move on.....
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2013, 05:51 PM   #38
MRSSIIM3
General
MRSSIIM3's Avatar
United_States
36
Rep
1,342
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 SSII/SO M4
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
and 100 rock chips later you saved 2 dollars.
+1
__________________
Current: 2015 M4, SSII / SO
Current: 2013 E92 M3, SSII, Black extended, ZCP, fully loaded
Mods: Black Hood Vents, Black Grilles, Black Side Grilles, Lux H8 v. 4.0, CF Mirrors, CF Spoiler, Black ///M Emblem, Evolve Tune, Dinan CF Intake, Dinan Pulley, Akrapovic GT4
Retired: 2011.5 E92 M3, SSII
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #39
miamiflgator
Private
0
Rep
65
Posts

 
Drives: m3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: fl

iTrader: (0)

Pulse?

Please also check your pulse and report back.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:04 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST