BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > DIY Guides/ Discussions
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-18-2013, 05:51 PM   #23
italyix
Lieutenant
italyix's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
575
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by warp10 View Post
So i went through and got the things that I was planning on doing. They have everything from replacing air filter to full engine replacement. so alot of info that I dont need but i got the basics and a few in anticipation of replacement that will happen in the future.
Now all that remains is to make a giant sticky with all that info
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #24
warp10
Captain
warp10's Avatar
9
Rep
696
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3 Jet Black:ZCP, ZCV, ZP
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Atlanta, Ga

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 M3  [5.00]
2011 28i X3  [0.00]
if any one needs anything from this just let me know and I can try and pull it before the 24hrs expires
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 09:48 AM   #25
edwinm3
Colonel
edwinm3's Avatar
United_States
38
Rep
2,100
Posts

 
Drives: E92 MELBOURNE RED M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Doral

iTrader: (10)

eBay used to have these, cheap and it's a copy of the actual tis
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #26
JFlo
Private First Class
1
Rep
113
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 Coupe DCT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northeast, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinm3 View Post
eBay used to have these, cheap and it's a copy of the actual tis
For the most part I have found DVDs, and only through 2008 models.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 11:34 AM   #27
XYR03
Lieutenant Colonel
38
Rep
1,677
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Richmod, VA

iTrader: (6)

why dont we just pitch in a dollar each and one of us download it as a PDF and just share it?? bad idea?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #28
italyix
Lieutenant
italyix's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
575
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYR03 View Post
why dont we just pitch in a dollar each and one of us download it as a PDF and just share it?? bad idea?
Not a bad idea...upload the docs into Google Docs and provide password?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 01:32 PM   #29
XYR03
Lieutenant Colonel
38
Rep
1,677
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Richmod, VA

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by italyix View Post
Not a bad idea...upload the docs into Google Docs and provide password?
alright who's downloading?? and whats ur paypal.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 10:57 PM   #30
aRangel
Private
aRangel's Avatar
Mexico
0
Rep
51
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 Silverstone e92 M3
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Monterrey, Mexico

iTrader: (0)

Im in
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #31
Dougeefresh
Second Lieutenant
5
Rep
204
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 JB
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chitown

iTrader: (0)

Approximately how many TOTAL pages are we talking about? I am down btw.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 11:12 AM   #32
s65e90
Banned
6
Rep
513
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 e90
Join Date: May 2013
Location: SoFlo

iTrader: (0)

copied from Bentley publishers (who suggest getting the s85 as the DME is similar, also this coupled with the basic e9x chaissis manual should be sufficient)

"
Registered: 12/09/03







Re: Manual
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 11:03 AM in response to: DCbmwTech









Reply









Great car. Drove on at O'fest in NY this fall.

Currently, we do not have plans to cover the 4th generation M3 in our E90/91/92/93 service manual. Your M3 uses the MSS60 Engine Control System, very similar to the MSS65 used on the S85 engine (M5, M6)

I'd suggest you buy a one day subscription to www.bmwtechinfo.com and download the training (be sure to get stuff on MSS65, the MSS60 is a little weak), repair, and any bulletins, etc. I know a lot of work, but it is all I can think of.

Here's an exaple of ths stuff you find:

Ion Current Combustion Monitoring
In the S65, the ion current electronic system is integrated into each ignition coil and
the ion current control devices are not required.
For the purposes of smoothing the voltage and electromagnetic compatibility, an
"ignition suppression capacitor" is installed in the wiring harness of each cylinder bank
(in the S85 this is in the ion current control device). This is electrically connected using
terminal 87 and the vehicle earth.
If the ignition suppression capacitor is defective, this can lead to faults in the communications
and/or audio electronics when the engine is running.
For design reasons, the firing order 1-5-4-8-7-2-6-3 is used in the S65, instead of the
firing order 1-5-4-8-6-3-7-2 more commonly employed in BMW V8 engines.

4th Generation M3 Service Information
MSS60 Engine Control System"
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 07:27 PM   #33
N1COM3
Private First Class
United_States
2
Rep
109
Posts

 
Drives: LMB E92
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Hampton Roads, VA

iTrader: (0)

Deng, that kinda sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s65e90 View Post
copied from Bentley publishers (who suggest getting the s85 as the DME is similar, also this coupled with the basic e9x chaissis manual should be sufficient)

"
Registered: 12/09/03







Re: Manual
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 11:03 AM in response to: DCbmwTech









Reply









Great car. Drove on at O'fest in NY this fall.

Currently, we do not have plans to cover the 4th generation M3 in our E90/91/92/93 service manual. Your M3 uses the MSS60 Engine Control System, very similar to the MSS65 used on the S85 engine (M5, M6)

I'd suggest you buy a one day subscription to www.bmwtechinfo.com and download the training (be sure to get stuff on MSS65, the MSS60 is a little weak), repair, and any bulletins, etc. I know a lot of work, but it is all I can think of.

Here's an exaple of ths stuff you find:

Ion Current Combustion Monitoring
In the S65, the ion current electronic system is integrated into each ignition coil and
the ion current control devices are not required.
For the purposes of smoothing the voltage and electromagnetic compatibility, an
"ignition suppression capacitor" is installed in the wiring harness of each cylinder bank
(in the S85 this is in the ion current control device). This is electrically connected using
terminal 87 and the vehicle earth.
If the ignition suppression capacitor is defective, this can lead to faults in the communications
and/or audio electronics when the engine is running.
For design reasons, the firing order 1-5-4-8-7-2-6-3 is used in the S65, instead of the
firing order 1-5-4-8-6-3-7-2 more commonly employed in BMW V8 engines.

4th Generation M3 Service Information
MSS60 Engine Control System"
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST