BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

GT Haus

06-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #1
jwaggen
Private

Drives: E92 M3 6MT ZCP

Driving Roads - Philly Area (Central-South NJ / East PA)

Hello everyone,

I have been searching the forums for good driving roads around Philly.

I haven't found much so far, so I wanted to ask you guys.

Thanks

Last edited by jwaggen; 07-08-2013 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Had to change google account / removed link.
jwaggen is offline   United_States
      06-19-2013, 03:06 PM   #2
killadelphiaM3
Private First Class

Drives: 13 JB ZCP E92 M3

I got a few places i hit up. I kinda have this "track" mapped out in this area on the border of Philly and Mont Co. Been using it for years, started as my motorcycle stomping grounds and has evolved into and awesome M3 work out. Also if you want some awesome roads where no one will bother you, check out Jim Thorpe area, about an hour and 15 mins outside Philly, closer to Allentown, but those mountain roads are insane and you can go balls out with no issues, but keep your radar detector handy just in case. The roads are there just gotta look in places you wouldn't normally look. And I also have this industrial park area that I go to cuz it's got a long straight away, perfect for Launching and doing some serious tire smokin'!! Would be a great drag spot but these M's love those curves. PM me for more, kinda trying to keep my "track" spot secret
killadelphiaM3 is offline   United_States
      06-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #3
Ali@BMWMt.laurel
Colonel

Drives: 2015 M4

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Kelly Drive late at night
We are an M-Certified and DINAN Certified Dealer
NJ Motorsports Park Affiliated!!! PM ME FOR DETAILS
Ali@BMWMt.laurel is offline   United_States
      06-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #4
Villanofun
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2008 E92 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by killadelphiaM3 View Post
I got a few places i hit up. I kinda have this "track" mapped out in this area on the border of Philly and Mont Co. Been using it for years, started as my motorcycle stomping grounds and has evolved into and awesome M3 work out. Also if you want some awesome roads where no one will bother you, check out Jim Thorpe area, about an hour and 15 mins outside Philly, closer to Allentown, but those mountain roads are insane and you can go balls out with no issues, but keep your radar detector handy just in case. The roads are there just gotta look in places you wouldn't normally look. And I also have this industrial park area that I go to cuz it's got a long straight away, perfect for Launching and doing some serious tire smokin'!! Would be a great drag spot but these M's love those curves. PM me for more, kinda trying to keep my "track" spot secret
Where is this industrial park that you speak of?!
      06-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #5
killadelphiaM3
Private First Class

The industrial park is in King of Prussia, PA, its close to the mall but far away enough not to attract attention, as well as right next the busy I-276/PA-Turnpike. And at night when everything is closed at the park it's quiet and secluded, but if you venture out there you kinda have to make a few pass thrus to double check if anyone's around, and if any Johnny Laws are there and stop you(hasn't happened so far, but those cops can kinda be dicks sometimes up there) you got a great excuse cuz there's a car wrapping place in that industrial area, you can always say you were looking for it.

Now what you were looking for, just had to give you a heads up in case anyone's around there. I haven't been up there in about 6 weeks but I'll make a pass thru and make sure it's all good, I'll mark it out with tire tracks!!! It's called HANSEN ACCESS ROAD, IT'S OFF SOUTH HENDERSON ROAD BEFORE THE CHURCH ROAD INTERSECTION AND YOU CAN ONLY TURN RIGHT ONTO IT BEFORE CHURCH ROAD. Google Wargo Floors and map where it is to get to Hansen Access Road because the flooring place is on that road. Just giving you basic info and ques in the CAPS for when you are in the actual area.

Now, I have only seen police in/around this road during busy rush hour traffic, but do be on the look out. Once you get in there you'll notice it's almost all a giant straight away until half way thru and it curves left and then continues the straight away. I would go towards the rear to be even more secluded. This road obscure in a way and there's only 1 way in and out and all the businesses in there have parking lots connected to them off the road so there shouldn't be any parked cars or anything on the road. Let me know what you think or if you need someone to cruise with you. Like I said I'll check it out in the next few days. Sorry bout the long ass answer bro. haha
      06-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #6
killadelphiaM3
Private First Class

And Ali@BMWmt.laurel is also correct. If you go down Kelly Drive later in the night it'll be almost completely empty, except for people doing the same thing you are either in cars or on motorcycles. And that is a great place to fly, and you can do laps if you keep doing the circle style circuit i.e. go down Kelly Drive and around the Art Museum area get onto West River Drive(MLK Drive) then go across Falls Bridge at the end of WRD/MLK and then hop right back onto Kelly Drive and do it all over again. You'll have a blast.
      06-25-2013, 10:51 PM   #7
JonnyTrauma
Enlisted Member

Drives: e92 m3 6mt

Kelly Drive and West River Drive on the Schukyll River are decent, scenic roads. Driving conditions arent completely ideal due to traffic and pedestrian presence during the day. At night you can open it up quite a bit but beware of decreasing radius and off camber turns--people end up in the river on occasion.

Kelly drive basically dead ends into an on ramp for 76 east back towards the city. That ramp and the following few are a lot of fun and then you can just pick up 676 to the Ben Franklin Bridge to get back to NJ

Route 23 between city line avenue and conshohocken has some great roads too particularly around penn valley and gladwyne.
JonnyTrauma is offline   United_States