BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

05-24-2013, 09:09 AM   #23
flipm3
E46 + E90

Drives: E46 M3 + E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal@AUTOcouture View Post
That's a very good point. I'm not sure how come SS doesnt have the same following on this platform as they do with the E46. Quality is beyond top notch!
Sure is perplexing. On the bright side, it is never too late. I have been noticing that Supersprint is being mentioned more on Bimmerpost in general. Hopefully this is a good step in the right direction
      05-24-2013, 09:52 AM   #24
Sal@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: F80 M3

Send a message via AIM to Sal@AUTOcouture
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipm3 View Post
Sure is perplexing. On the bright side, it is never too late. I have been noticing that Supersprint is being mentioned more on Bimmerpost in general. Hopefully this is a good step in the right direction
We will try our part as we are now a vendor for their products
      05-24-2013, 10:42 AM   #25
pbonsalb
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 08 E90 M3, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Great across the board gains! However, it is hard to know how much of the after to attribute to the Supersprint when the after included a tune change and the before was for another exhaust and tune.

Supersprint does make nice stuff, albeit expensive. I ran some of their USA and Euro spec exhaust sections on my 99M3.
      05-24-2013, 10:57 AM   #26
Dave07997S
Colonel

Drives: 2013 BMW M3 ZCP Coupe

Sorry...owned Supersprint on my E46 M3 and within 2 years it all came apart. Broken hangars and welds, good news is the headers didn't come apart. Way over priced for what you get. You got money to burn knock yourself out.

Dave
      05-24-2013, 11:21 AM   #27
s65e90
Banned

Drives: 2009 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave07997S View Post
Sorry...owned Supersprint on my E46 M3 and within 2 years it all came apart. Broken hangars and welds, good news is the headers didn't come apart. Way over priced for what you get. You got money to burn knock yourself out.

Dave

Funny; I wrote the same thing above. I had the SS race setup on my 2008 e90 m3, and the inner hangers broke and I had to weld up my own. Still a nice piece but for the price, there's def some quality concerns. Me and you are not alone either if you do some searching.
      05-24-2013, 11:29 AM   #28
Matt@Supersprint-USA
Second Lieutenant

Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmmdreamer View Post
Veery nice! I like that you went with something different, what's the finish of the tips?
These are black chromed tips! We offer satin black, satin silver, polished, and chromed as well.

Here's the set we sent out to Carlos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmaster View Post
good review.

but just the Sport axle back is TÜV aproved no Race-System had TÜV.
Correct!

Quote:
Stellar review Carlos@MORR! Your MCB E92 looks drop dead gorgeous on the dyno, haha. I would have to recommend you pick up a sexy set of MORR Wheels

For many years, I have been such a big fan and supporter of Supersprint. Rewind a handful of years, I almost purchased stupidly cheap EBay headers for my E46 M3. Bimmerpost sponsor, Evolve Automotive, really encouraged me to consider Supersprint despite the exponentially higher price tag.

When I finally made the plunge, I started to question the pricing, but upon first site of the exhaust pieces, I then realized what we pay for. My car is driven all year round, sees salt/snow for a better part of the year, yet despite the many years of having SS exhaust pieces, I have never had a problem or mishap. Unfortunately, so is not the case for my friends who have gone with some other brands.

It surprised me that Supersprint was not a popular option for the E9X M3 community, but maybe that is due to how big sponsor vendors pushed other great brands? At any rate, I would never have any doubt on getting Supersprint parts for any car! They are by far the best and my favorite when it comes to sexy squiggly pipes.

Carlos@MORR, I am looking forward to seeing your review for the Sports system!
There were changes in distributorship in the US in the last years which shut out Supersprint from the market. We're back

Quote:

Dave
Which system were you running? We had issues on a first production batch, we provided warranty replacement on all systems. In any case, all Supersprint exhaust systems are warrantied for unlimited mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
Great across the board gains! However, it is hard to know how much of the after to attribute to the Supersprint when the after included a tune change and the before was for another exhaust and tune.

Supersprint does make nice stuff, albeit expensive. I ran some of their USA and Euro spec exhaust sections on my 99M3.
We recorded 28 crank horsepower gains on an otherwise stock car. The test car was a pre-production freak. Standard cars will usually see 20 + gains!

Stock
Horsepower 415,7 Hp @ 8080 rpm
Torque 390,6 Nm @ 5735 rpm.

Supersprint catted exhaust
Horsepower 443,2 Hp @ 8035 rpm
Torque 422,4 Nm @ 5845 rpm.

Last edited by Matt@Supersprint-USA; 05-24-2013 at 11:58 AM.
      05-24-2013, 12:11 PM   #29
Dave07997S
Colonel

Drives: 2013 BMW M3 ZCP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by s65e90 View Post
Funny; I wrote the same thing above. I had the SS race setup on my 2008 e90 m3, and the inner hangers broke and I had to weld up my own. Still a nice piecmike.movsisyan@gmail.come but for the price, there's def some quality concerns. Me and you are not alone either if you do some searching.
I know..my buddy Chuck who was coo owner of RAC Monolites his SS Race setup also fell apart. I ended up with a Borla cat back and had to completely reweld the midsection altogether again.

Dave
      05-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #30
Sean05
Putcha ang ganda...

Drives: 08 MR E92 M3

Send a message via Yahoo to Sean05
price is crazy... and its not TI... looks good but i think ill stick with my AKRA...
      05-27-2013, 11:07 AM   #31
Carlos@MORR

Drives: Individual E92 M3

Just had some time to go over the thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
Great review brother, and so awesome to see you, your wife and the MORR family at bimmerfest, your booth was EPIC, and I flat out love my wheels! That full SS exhaust sounds amazing, congrats!
Thank you Drew. It's always good to see and your car and the same wheels still running strong after so much abuse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightie View Post
nice license plate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
Carlos that thing sounds insane!!! we need some drive by vids!
thanks Jimmy! Even though I still feel resentment towards you. You should have never sold the MCB!

Quote:
I had the same exhaust and it really is a great setup. Only issue I had was the inner hangers on the muffler side broke; but overall it's def a badass setup that sounds amazing w/ ZERO drone
It does sound great. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingMeister01 View Post
You're the man. Sick set up.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmmdreamer View Post
Veery nice! I like that you went with something different, what's the finish of the tips?
I requested black and SuperSprint suggested a satin black" finish with SS logo engraved.

Quote:
good review.

but just the Sport axle back is TÜV approved no Race-System had TÜV.
Correct. I wouldnt suppose TUV would certify a F1 Race system . I meant SuperSprint, in general, is TUV homologated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterile stork View Post
What sort of costs for the ensemble?
As Sal mentioned, full systems prices range. You can get a full Supersprint catless/resonated with Race mufflers for as low as $4,000 for the full set, retail or you an do the same catless/resonated with a Sport/F1 Race exhaust for about $5000 or the full catted/resonated and F1 Race system that I did for about $7400. Notice these are retail prices so i`m sure street prices would be about 10-20% less. I`m sure Sal@AutoCouture can get you real world pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardus View Post
Great review! Some video of the car on the road would be interesting!
Getting the Hero setup and a good in car mic. Will be doing those this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBB View Post
Pretty high price. If you're paying what Supersprint's website is asking then the entire system is about $7,500. The X pipe + front pipes are insanely expensive at $4,500+. Maybe a vendor could cut you a better deal, but it's no bargain either way.

Back on topic, it does sound great, Carlos. Very nice setup!
Thank for the feedback!

Quote:
Stellar review Carlos@MORR! Your MCB E92 looks drop dead gorgeous on the dyno, haha. I would have to recommend you pick up a sexy set of MORR Wheels

For many years, I have been such a big fan and supporter of Supersprint. Rewind a handful of years, I almost purchased stupidly cheap EBay headers for my E46 M3. Bimmerpost sponsor, Evolve Automotive, really encouraged me to consider Supersprint despite the exponentially higher price tag.

When I finally made the plunge, I started to question the pricing, but upon first site of the exhaust pieces, I then realized what we pay for. My car is driven all year round, sees salt/snow for a better part of the year, yet despite the many years of having SS exhaust pieces, I have never had a problem or mishap. Unfortunately, so is not the case for my friends who have gone with some other brands.

It surprised me that Supersprint was not a popular option for the E9X M3 community, but maybe that is due to how big sponsor vendors pushed other great brands? At any rate, I would never have any doubt on getting Supersprint parts for any car! They are by far the best and my favorite when it comes to sexy squiggly pipes.

Carlos@MORR, I am looking forward to seeing your review for the Sports system!
Can never go wrong with OEM 18s . My current setup was 20" and didn't want to dyno on those. Supersprint was very strong on the E46 M3 and then it went AWOL. The company get going strong but the US side saw an absence of SS for years. I`ll review the sports systems in a few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post

I did before and after dynos of the car stock and then ESS flash only and saw 12whp peak and gains around 10-15whp throughout the powerband. On the dyno sheet above, the before dyno is stock with stock exhaust, the after dyno is Supersprint + ESS.

Quote:

Dave
Quote:
Funny; I wrote the same thing above. I had the SS race setup on my 2008 e90 m3, and the inner hangers broke and I had to weld up my own. Still a nice piece but for the price, there's def some quality concerns. Me and you are not alone either if you do some searching.
Quote:
I know..my buddy Chuck who was coo owner of RAC Monolites his SS Race setup also fell apart. I ended up with a Borla cat back and had to completely reweld the midsection altogether again.

Dave
I'm sure not system is perfect and any quality/workmanship issue could be brought up to Supersprint for warranty.
Carlos@MORR is offline   United_States
      05-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #32
Carlos@MORR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt@Supersprint-USA View Post
Testing has currently begun for full bolt-on and supercharged applications. The headers below were installed on a E92 M3 race car running in the Italian championship series. We are currently working on road going variations!

Let me know when those become available and I would love to see real world gains on a FBO application.
      06-19-2013, 09:57 AM   #33
Carlos@MORR

New system coming shortly...

This system is for sale:HERE

Last edited by Carlos@MORR; 06-19-2013 at 11:39 AM.
      06-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #34
sylonien
Major

Drives: M3

I didn't know they did a Supersprint F1 muffler when I just recently got my Supersprint Race
Still very happy with mine but wonder what kind of tone it would produce with my modded x-pipe. when it already sounds pretty mental at the moment

06-19-2013, 12:04 PM   #35
signes
Brigadier General

Drives: E90 M3

Carlos, what is the difference between the F1 and Race systems? I gather the F1 is louder but can you provide any more detail?
signes is offline   United_States
      06-20-2013, 02:12 AM   #36
Robmaster
Colonel

Drives: 2010 E82 135, 2005 E87 130i

Quote:
Originally Posted by signes View Post
Carlos, what is the difference between the F1 and Race systems? I gather the F1 is louder but can you provide any more detail?
i ask this Supersprint Italy direct and the tell me this:

the Race is loud in the lower RPMs and would be quieter in the higher RPMs. the F1 is loud in the low RPMs and also loud/louder in the higher RPMs.
Robmaster is offline   Switzerland
      06-21-2013, 10:00 AM   #37
Matt@Supersprint-USA
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Quote:
i ask this Supersprint Italy direct and the tell me this:

the Race is loud in the lower RPMs and would be quieter in the higher RPMs. the F1 is loud in the low RPMs and also loud/louder in the higher RPMs.
The F1 race was designed for customers that found the race mufflers too tame at high RPMs and yet had drone in the low RPMs. This was even more important on the DCT cars as the initial development car for the race mufflers was a 6 speed.

When BMW released the MDCT, we went back to the drawing board and released the F1 race mufflers. The internals are completely different, they feature an internal Helmotz resonance chamber to cancel out unwanted frequencies in low RPMs and allow an even higher pitch and scream at high RPMs than the standard race mufflers.

We felt the external Helmotz chambers provided by competitors are an eye-sore and spent tremendous amounts of time figuring out how to design the internals!
      06-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #38
signes
Brigadier General

Drives: E90 M3

Thanks Matt. I am worried about drone but don't want something as quiet as the base/sport version. Can you (or Carlos) elaborate on the degree of drone in the F1? I'm coming from an Evo. Thanks.
signes is offline   United_States
      06-25-2013, 11:57 AM   #39
Matt@Supersprint-USA
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Thanks Matt. I am worried about drone but don't want something as quiet as the base/sport version. Can you (or Carlos) elaborate on the degree of drone in the F1? I'm coming from an Evo. Thanks.
There is very little drone with the F1 race mufflers when combined with a sedan 6 speed. The F1 race mufflers were designed to reduce and lower the usual droning range in 7th gear associated with race mufflers on DCT equipped cars.

As the EVO is TUV approved, the F1 race mufflers will be louder, but drone will still be extremely limited.
      06-25-2013, 01:13 PM   #40
M3Carbon
Captain

Drives: 2011 E92 M3, AW/FRE

Once M3 gets attached to a product the pricing gets comical. Stainless exhaust closing in on $8K ...... : just hilarious!

Instagram @m3carbon
M3Carbon is offline   United_States
      06-25-2013, 02:44 PM   #41
Matt@Supersprint-USA
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Carbon View Post
Once M3 gets attached to a product the pricing gets comical. Stainless exhaust closing in on $8K ...... : just hilarious!
The sole reason the full catted exhaust gets to this price point is because we use HJS 1st grade racing metallic catalytic converters that are EURO5 rated. These are the sole components that are not manufactured by Supersprint in any of our exhaust systems.

Going with our catless resonated or non-resonated front pipes drops pricing by 2,400$. Our various rear mufflers offerings are competitively priced when factoring in country of origin and the inclusion of connecting pipes.

We are currently testing catless front pipes with our microcats for a CEL free usage without a tune and still picking up impressive gains.
      06-29-2013, 06:30 PM   #42
sylonien
Major

New video onboard. Take a listen Hope you like

Zoom H1 mounted between the exhaust.
You really need some good 2.1 speakers (to replicate the bass/drone) / good good headphones to get the most out of the recorded sound.

Had some doubts about the SS Race compared to OEM mod / xpipe mod.
But after this, hearing it from the outside. I think I'm finally settled on this, for now!

However now that there is SS F1 - I'm kinda tempted by it. Wish there was a trade-in!!

06-29-2013, 11:38 PM   #43
E92M3GT
Private First Class

Drives: E92 M3

Rounds really nice, except the pops

Pops causes by the modded x pipe ?

No drone with stock, unmodified x pipe ?

The SS race mufflers sound very good !
      06-30-2013, 09:14 AM   #44
sylonien
Major

It started doing that ever since the x-pipe / oem muffler mod.
Now with modded x-pipe and SS Race, it still does.

But surely its the engine thats doing it?

I think the SS Race still drones with standard x-pipe.