BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-06-2013, 12:34 PM   #89
tmntmn
///M
United_States
44
Rep
1,903
Posts

 
Drives: e92 M3/M-DCT
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benha View Post
Can anyone attest to the look of these LUX H8 V4's in a 2013 E92 M3 vs the LED systems placed by OSS, ONEighty, or BavX? I know the latter are more expensive, but in the latest M3's angels with these LUX bulbs, can anyone say the LEDs look any different and are worth it? Pics?
I was disappointed when I took delivery of my '13 E92 M3 and saw the same yellow angels that my '10 E90 328 had. I want this to be one of my first mods, but I'm a perfectionist, so I need advice on what's best on my particular car.
Thanks!
Lux v4 led will be a big improved over the oem angel in our cars (e9x m3), its the best option without opening up the headlights.
__________________
THANKS TO:~<RPM>~ ~<SONICMS>~ ~<MODECARBON>~ ~<McKennaPerformance>~
MODS: MODECARBON V2 GTS FRONT LIP & REAR DIFFUSER, AA GREEN FILTER, RPI SCOOPS, PSW, Verstraβe Extended DCT Shifter, ZCP WHEELS (SEMI-GLOSS), OHLINS R&T, Megan Exhaust, ACM TP, BMW LED INTERIOR, BLACKOUT W/ORION V4 LED AE, OSRAM CBI
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2013, 07:16 PM   #90
benha
Private
United_States
0
Rep
81
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
Thanks for the input guys. Has anyone reading tried the Hellst XRT H8's instead of the LUX V4's? I wonder if they don't fade to blue and flicker when shutting off the car like the LUX's when leaving the lights on auto. Of course they claim to be brighter, but I'd have to see them side by side. They're half the price, but I'd like to leave that factor out and judge by looks alone.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 02:05 PM   #91
LuxAngelEyes
Banned
United_States
70
Rep
3,086
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325xi, Sparkling Graphite
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Haven, CT

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benha View Post
Thanks for the input guys. Has anyone reading tried the Hellst XRT H8's instead of the LUX V4's? I wonder if they don't fade to blue and flicker when shutting off the car like the LUX's when leaving the lights on auto. Of course they claim to be brighter, but I'd have to see them side by side. They're half the price, but I'd like to leave that factor out and judge by looks alone.
Those are going to be about 90% the same as any other 20W brand out there. They are all made by 2 or 3 different companies in China and use the same electronics. Not a chance they are even close to being as bright.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 06:52 PM   #92
NAV8TT
Major
NAV8TT's Avatar
United_States
48
Rep
883
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 ///M3 E92 DCT ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The greatest country in the world

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
Those are going to be about 90% the same as any other 20W brand out there. They are all made by 2 or 3 different companies in China and use the same electronics. Not a chance they are even close to being as bright.
What is the delivery time u think. Are you guys on back order now?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 10:56 PM   #93
LuxAngelEyes
Banned
United_States
70
Rep
3,086
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325xi, Sparkling Graphite
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Haven, CT

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWFB02 View Post
What is the delivery time u think. Are you guys on back order now?
These lights are currently in stock, there is no mention about a backorder anywhere. Please visit out website and they can be purchased online there. Shipping takes 2-3 days within the USA.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #94
gambitx28
shop smart, shop s-mart
gambitx28's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
81
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cape Cod, MA

iTrader: (0)

Installed my v4 lights today. Very straight forward. Took 10 minutes.

The guide on the heatsink made installation easy. Hardest part is the tight quarters behind the headlights (not Lux's fault).

They look great.
__________________
2008 E90 M3 (IB, Premium, Tech, Cold Weather packages, PDC, 6MT, 19")
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 01:19 AM   #95
hl0m4n
Brigadier General
hl0m4n's Avatar
United_States
377
Rep
4,861
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NY

iTrader: (42)

does lux v4 still have the temp sensor where it shuts off when it gets too hot?
__________________
Cars: 07 335i ► 09 328i ► 11 328xi ► 13 M3
Reviews: 335i Supersprint Exhaust, C/F Trim Wrap, Alcantara Boots, VMR V710, Saikou Michi OCC, Royal Steering Wheel
For Sale:
Want To Buy:
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 10:35 AM   #96
JuRuKi
Private First Class
1
Rep
117
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SoCaL

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambitx28 View Post
Installed my v4 lights today. Very straight forward. Took 10 minutes.

The guide on the heatsink made installation easy. Hardest part is the tight quarters behind the headlights (not Lux's fault).

They look great.
Whats the guide on the heatsink? i looked at the website and they show the old model on the pictures. Can you give me some installation tips? I got my lights and planning to install soon
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 11:43 AM   #97
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
117
Rep
8,517
Posts

 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWFB02 View Post
Guys, do you get any error messages after placing these?
as long as your plugs properly set in place, there should be no errors.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 11:44 AM   #98
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
117
Rep
8,517
Posts

 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benha View Post
Can anyone attest to the look of these LUX H8 V4's in a 2013 E92 M3 vs the LED systems placed by OSS, ONEighty, or BavX? I know the latter are more expensive, but in the latest M3's angels with these LUX bulbs, can anyone say the LEDs look any different and are worth it? Pics?
I was disappointed when I took delivery of my '13 E92 M3 and saw the same yellow angels that my '10 E90 328 had. I want this to be one of my first mods, but I'm a perfectionist, so I need advice on what's best on my particular car.
Thanks!
if you want something close to OEM LCI colors, then you'll need a LED setup. Else, these Lux bulbs are the best thus far if you want a simple light bult change.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 12:11 PM   #99
gambitx28
shop smart, shop s-mart
gambitx28's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
81
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cape Cod, MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuRuKi View Post
Whats the guide on the heatsink? i looked at the website and they show the old model on the pictures. Can you give me some installation tips? I got my lights and planning to install soon
This picture from their website says it all:
http://luxangeleyes.com/sites/defaul...20Heatsink.JPG
__________________
2008 E90 M3 (IB, Premium, Tech, Cold Weather packages, PDC, 6MT, 19")
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 12:41 PM   #100
JuRuKi
Private First Class
1
Rep
117
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SoCaL

iTrader: (1)

so insert the bulb flat side up and then turn? Or insert the bulb and turn so that the flat side stays up?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 12:57 PM   #101
benha
Private
United_States
0
Rep
81
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
does lux v4 still have the temp sensor where it shuts off when it gets too hot?
Does this happen? That would be a deal breaker.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #102
gambitx28
shop smart, shop s-mart
gambitx28's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
81
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cape Cod, MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuRuKi View Post
so insert the bulb flat side up and then turn? Or insert the bulb and turn so that the flat side stays up?
Insert the Lux connector such that the flat part of the heat sink is in the same location as the connector when the original H8 bulb is removed, then tighten.
__________________
2008 E90 M3 (IB, Premium, Tech, Cold Weather packages, PDC, 6MT, 19")
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 10:45 PM   #103
Chowster
E60_to_E90
Chowster's Avatar
Canada
16
Rep
1,204
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Surrey, BC, Canada

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benha View Post
Does this happen? That would be a deal breaker.
Never had this with my V3s, and not with my V4s.
__________________
2011.5 E90 Dinan M3, SS II, M-DCT, EDC, M Drive. Winter setup 220M w/ 255/275 Blizzaks
Performance Mods: Dinan St.1 suspension, exhaust, intake; TTPs; BPM St.II, DCT, servo tunes
Cosmetic Mods: OEM CF splitters, mirrors, center console, spoiler; Arkym CF diffuser; LUX; tint
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 02:30 PM   #104
LuxAngelEyes
Banned
United_States
70
Rep
3,086
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325xi, Sparkling Graphite
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Haven, CT

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
does lux v4 still have the temp sensor where it shuts off when it gets too hot?
No we have designed these so they will not do this. All the electronics are rated appropriately so the temperature is not an issue
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 01:21 AM   #105
benha
Private
United_States
0
Rep
81
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
Decided to try them out. Just received a shipping confirmation so hopefully they'll arrive about the same day as my car does (Euro delivery finally arriving into Portland this week). I'm hoping for a white OEM look like the F series without having to go OSS.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2013, 08:07 AM   #106
jchristianp
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
33
Posts

 
Drives: M3 E90
Join Date: May 2013
Location: TX

iTrader: (0)

Received and installed. Wish I had put these in years ago. Very simple, inexpensive, and looks great.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2013, 11:21 AM   #107
LuxAngelEyes
Banned
United_States
70
Rep
3,086
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325xi, Sparkling Graphite
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Haven, CT

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchristianp View Post
Received and installed. Wish I had put these in years ago. Very simple, inexpensive, and looks great.
Glad to hear!!! Post up some pictures as well if you can
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2013, 11:14 AM   #108
LuxAngelEyes
Banned
United_States
70
Rep
3,086
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325xi, Sparkling Graphite
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Haven, CT

iTrader: (12)

Bump it up!
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2013, 10:01 PM   #109
BLACKIMPACT
First Lieutenant
7
Rep
348
Posts

 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ

iTrader: (6)

I have v4s. Over rated. Changeable settings don't work IMO. Find a used set of V3s and call it a day.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #110
哇靠M3
Captain
Taiwan
21
Rep
760
Posts

 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: 加州到台北

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinE90 View Post
have a question with my v4s

when i unlock my doors with OEM bulbs, the rings and rear lights would light up.

with v4, the rings or rear light do not come on. is this normal?
Anyone have the answer to this? I can't seem to find any info about it..
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:25 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST