BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

06-21-2013, 03:41 PM   #1
TheDeliverator
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: A Singularity

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
IND - Ilia\Andrew\Jesal\Luis

Is there anything new to say about IND which hasn't already been noted by the plethora of reviews on Bimmerpost? Dunno... but I'll add my experience anyways.

I originally contacted Ilia about a month ago (while planning a cross country drive out to my old stomping grounds of Huntington and Newport Beach), to setup a Euro Bumper paint\install along with a few other minor (M)odds and ends to be done on the trip out... A few days into the process I included powder coating my ZCP's Shadow Chrome. Ilia immediately perked up when I mentioned the shadow chrome, so (for once), I knew I was on the right track as far as tasteful mods go.

My vacation was gonna be awesome. Drivin' the M3 across country, stayin' in Chicago for a few days, having IND work on my car. Hangin' out at the jetty at The Wedge with an Alberto's Carne Asada Burrito. The LA Kings were still in the playoffs. I had big dreams.

Later that day I learned my Father was diagnosed with a DVT and to my discredit, I completely flaked on Ilia and IND. I never sent him and email or bothered to call. I dropped all plans for my car\trip and drove out to CA.

A few weeks later... (staying at my parents house in Lake Arrowhead), I woke up to the crunching sound of my Mother backing up her Honda crossover SUV thingy into the drivers side front bumper of my M3!!

My poor Mom (already stressed due to my Father's DVT), was freaking out while I was (after realizing the damage was only cosmetic), dialing up IND hoping beyond hope I might be able to manage a Euro Bumper out of my vacation after all.

Andrew answered and informed me Ilia was sick. I explained my situation, Andrew checked to see if the EB was still in stock and if IND could shoehorn me in for install in 2 days. Yes on both accounts.

I drove 36 hours straight (BTW: Don't ever do this. You will die. ), with a cooler full of Carne Asada Burritos from Lake Arrowhead, CA to Lake Zurich, IL, in time to crash at the Holiday Inn around 5 AM... Only to sleep right past my 12:30 shop appointment. Ilia woke me with a phone call.

I drove right over (the Holiday Inn is 1.5 miles from their facility if anyone ever needs to stay nearby), was met by Ilia at the door and an hour later my new Space Gray Euro bumper (complete with OEM splitters I just happened to have stashed away in my trunk), was installed. While waiting for Luis to complete the install Ilia and Jesal were kind enough to give me an iced tea, show me around the shop (CLEAN btw), and talk M3's with me.

So... to sum up:
I flaked on IND.
Mom backed up into my bumper.
I overslept and missed my appointed time.
IND painted and installed my bumper in under 2 days with almost zero notice.
They have tasty Iced Tea and will talk shop with you.

IND... badass, even for the 'lil guys like me who just need a bumper.

Thanks guys.

V1C / Bel STiR+ / Integrated mirror display / AD08r f255/35 r275/35
/ IND Euro Bumper / MP Splitters / MP Steering Wheel

Last edited by TheDeliverator; 06-29-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Appreciate 0