BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-15-2013, 07:10 PM   #111
Roman@ESS
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
163


 
Roman@ESS's Avatar
 
Drives: ESS Supercharged E92 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: AZ


Posts: 2,650
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
Thanks man, it is the ESS prototype setup.
The production version sounds a little different as it has high flow cats.

Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 11:47 AM   #112
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
United_States
116

 
DLSJ5's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA


Posts: 3,475
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman@ESS View Post
The production version sounds a little different as it has high flow cats.

Sounds great Roman.
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ @ 7.2psi - 94 octane / Water meth
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq@13.5 psi
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #113
GOVCO
Lieutenant
9

 
Drives: 09 E90 AW M3 DCT [Slight Mods]
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MD


Posts: 435
iTrader: (0)

[Sends virtual beer over to Drew and IMG for reaching #stupidnumbers.] Nice work! Makes our jobs a little easier. For example...ring ring ESS, yeah, um, I will take the Drew option please.....what, my first, second, third, and fourth born child....would a lottery ticket for $600M suffice. No, well, nevermind then...OEM is perfectly fine.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2013, 08:02 PM   #114
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
265


 
GOLFFRR's Avatar
 
Drives: Golf Cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Solvang, CA/Camarillo, CA


Posts: 16,785
iTrader: (4)

Great to see you again today Drew! Car looked great!
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL US FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Need a quote or assistance from David? GO HERE-->bmwdavid@icloud.com or 202-262-2900
David's ED special ALL M cars-->http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1042739
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2013, 10:45 PM   #115
ibmike
What the Hell ?
United_States
32

 
ibmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 M3 e92 DCT
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Michigan


Posts: 1,518
iTrader: (6)

Dam bro that thing looks great and i cant even imagine how much of a beast that monster is! 700rwhp! WOW
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #116
ZooyorQ
Private First Class
6

 
Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bay Area


Posts: 145
iTrader: (0)

Well done bud! Car looks gorgeous as always!
__________________

849rwhp/629rwtq - 10.56@142.7 - 5.6s 60-130 on street tires on 19x10" wheels - manual 6spd
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #117
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
459


 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA


Posts: 10,489
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
M3 looked great @ Bimmerfest 13!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 11:58 AM   #118
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
United_States
116

 
DLSJ5's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA


Posts: 3,475
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOVCO View Post
[Sends virtual beer over to Drew and IMG for reaching #stupidnumbers.] Nice work! Makes our jobs a little easier. For example...ring ring ESS, yeah, um, I will take the Drew option please.....what, my first, second, third, and fourth born child....would a lottery ticket for $600M suffice. No, well, nevermind then...OEM is perfectly fine.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
Great to see you again today Drew! Car looked great!
Good to see you too Brother, love your new M3!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmike View Post
Dam bro that thing looks great and i cant even imagine how much of a beast that monster is! 700rwhp! WOW
Thanks Mike.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ZooyorQ View Post
Well done bud! Car looks gorgeous as always!
Thanks Marcus, great seeing you at BF, looking forward to seeing you at the next SS3 event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
M3 looked great @ Bimmerfest 13!
Thanks Tom, your booth setup was awesome!
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ @ 7.2psi - 94 octane / Water meth
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq@13.5 psi
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 08:35 PM   #119
NikB316
Lieutenant
26

 
NikB316's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 M5 Competition
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Somerset County, New Jersey


Posts: 596
iTrader: (4)

Solid dyno - I can't imagine an extra 100whp on my car.

Being that you are in CA, any plans to see how it compares to the new Gintani s/c M3 that was at bimmerfest? I know it has approx 100whp more but it's always nice to see real world performance. The VT3 has proven itself but its always nice to see competition for the top.

Also, have you experimented with higher boost or anything to increase the output? Trying to see where the VT3 tops off at.
__________________

2014 M5 Competition Alpine/Sakhir
BMS Tune. Undercover Performance Custom Downpipes & Connector. H&R 10mm Spacers. BMW CF Rear Spoiler. IND Cosmetics. ALP & BEL Radar & Laser.
2011 Space Grey E92 M3 AA Gen 2 Lvl 3 586whp 398wtq SAE (sold)
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2013, 12:01 AM   #120
leigh
Major
40

 
leigh's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 e92 zcp m3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: melbourne


Posts: 1,097
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikB316 View Post
Solid dyno - I can't imagine an extra 100whp on my car.

Being that you are in CA, any plans to see how it compares to the new Gintani s/c M3 that was at bimmerfest? I know it has approx 100whp more but it's always nice to see real world performance. The VT3 has proven itself but its always nice to see competition for the top.

Also, have you experimented with higher boost or anything to increase the output? Trying to see where the VT3 tops off at.
Needs a ysi
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2013, 09:33 PM   #121
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
United_States
116

 
DLSJ5's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA


Posts: 3,475
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikB316 View Post
Solid dyno - I can't imagine an extra 100whp on my car.

Being that you are in CA, any plans to see how it compares to the new Gintani s/c M3 that was at bimmerfest? I know it has approx 100whp more but it's always nice to see real world performance. The VT3 has proven itself but its always nice to see competition for the top.

Also, have you experimented with higher boost or anything to increase the output? Trying to see where the VT3 tops off at.
Thanks Nik, hopefully I'll run one of the Gintani cars, the DCT YSI setups will easily pull on me, much bigger blower, and much more power. If it's a 6MT, that could be interesting in the first half of the race, but up top the 6MT would pull away, that is if they can put all the power down.

The current blower that I'm using is maxed out, it won't boost more than 13psi currently, so I'd have to upgrade to a YSI, which I'm not interested in, it's too loud, and frankly I don't need to have the most WHP, my goal was a 650-700whp setup that I could drive all the time. But like anyone else who's into FI on the S65 I'm excited to see what the future holds.
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ @ 7.2psi - 94 octane / Water meth
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq@13.5 psi
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2013, 09:35 PM   #122
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
United_States
116

 
DLSJ5's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA


Posts: 3,475
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh View Post
Needs a ysi
Yep, IMG may go there, I have no current plans to do so.
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ @ 7.2psi - 94 octane / Water meth
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq@13.5 psi
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 07:27 PM   #123
MiamiM3
Private
United_States
2

 
Drives: 2011 335i E90 AT M-Sport
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Miami, FL


Posts: 58
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
Thanks Nik, hopefully I'll run one of the Gintani cars, the DCT YSI setups will easily pull on me, much bigger blower, and much more power. If it's a 6MT, that could be interesting in the first half of the race, but up top the 6MT would pull away, that is if they can put all the power down.

The current blower that I'm using is maxed out, it won't boost more than 13psi currently, so I'd have to upgrade to a YSI, which I'm not interested in, it's too loud, and frankly I don't need to have the most WHP, my goal was a 650-700whp setup that I could drive all the time. But like anyone else who's into FI on the S65 I'm excited to see what the future holds.
Well said, after reading some of the other threads, it is nice not to hear all the ego maniac BS. Much respect!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #124
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
United_States
116

 
DLSJ5's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA


Posts: 3,475
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiM3 View Post
Well said, after reading some of the other threads, it is nice not to hear all the ego maniac BS. Much respect!
Appreciate that.
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ @ 7.2psi - 94 octane / Water meth
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq@13.5 psi
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 08:30 PM   #125
MisterEm
Private First Class
1

 
Drives: beater
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: no bueno


Posts: 133
iTrader: (0)

Dang Drew. Love the paint/wheel contrast. Watched your dyno vid again and now I am second guessing the choice for signature silver on my VS8.2s - 2 years later.

Are those gunmetal? What is the finish name?
__________________
'02 M3 Topaz/Cinnamon CSL Box, Lid, & Roof, SSV1's, Morr VS8.2's, TTFS tune 322/249 SAE on 91 (stock head/cams) - Ported head, 288/280 cams coming soon.
'11 X5d Jet Black/Oyster Sport Activity, Technology, 214's, Tow Package, TTFS Diesel Tune (coming soon)
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2013, 06:20 PM   #126
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
United_States
116

 
DLSJ5's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA


Posts: 3,475
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterEm
Dang Drew. Love the paint/wheel contrast. Watched your dyno vid again and now I am second guessing the choice for signature silver on my VS8.2s - 2 years later.

Are those gunmetal? What is the finish name?
Thank you! They are Frozen titanium.
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ @ 7.2psi - 94 octane / Water meth
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq@13.5 psi
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2013, 10:49 PM   #127
Nicco
Enlisted Member
0

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Vancouver


Posts: 35
iTrader: (0)

Wondering what kinda dyno was used for the reading?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2013, 11:16 PM   #128
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
United_States
116

 
DLSJ5's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA


Posts: 3,475
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicco
Wondering what kinda dyno was used for the reading?
Dynojet.
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ @ 7.2psi - 94 octane / Water meth
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq@13.5 psi
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST