BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
PYSPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-12-2007, 01:20 AM   #23
Hans Delbruck
BMW & MB - friends in my garage
 
Hans Delbruck's Avatar
 
Drives: C63, 135i, 1959 BUICK
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Posts: 1,285
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post

Last directly to Hans: Must be wonderful to have a small stable of cars to choose from including the "wifes" P-car as well. But I just can't see making an Evo your DD over the M3 and also labeling the M3 as your "luxo-cruiser" as clearly neither are among it's stongest points. I think it is almost embarrassing to buy an E92 M3 as a "luxo-cruiser". Since I enjoy and agree with most of your opinions posted here and note that you certainly have great tastes, I must just be confused or misreading your intent. I suspect if you saw that particular label attached the the M3 in isolation you very well may question it as an appropriate label as well.
swamp, are you "calling me out" ?

Last edited by Hans Delbruck; 09-12-2007 at 01:25 PM.
Hans Delbruck is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-12-2007, 02:54 AM   #24
nonick
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: e92 335i; e36 M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Port Elizabeth

Posts: 46
iTrader: (0)

Scandal!!! Haha jokes
nonick is offline   South Africa
0
Reply With Quote
      09-12-2007, 06:27 AM   #25
Epacy
Reincarnated
 
Epacy's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

Posts: 4,227
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
swamp, are you "calling me out" ? Well I guess I could clarify although I've been trying to avoid divulging too many details, for as long as possible... I just want to fit in around here. And I agree, taken in isolation, that statement doesn't make a lot of sense. The M3 is certainly far from a luxo-cruiser! But in our "stable" that's kind of where it slots in. Next to the buzzy high-strung S2K, the kit car-ish Elise, the chick-car Boxster S, the boy racer Evo, and the GT3, the M3 should make a very refined, luxurious car "with an edge" -- one that I can drive TO the track, and probably on it occasionally. I will drive the M3 to work sometimes, but my commute totals about 100 miles a day, over LA's worst freeways. So I stick my Evo with that torture. The M3 would get beat up and rack up too many miles. But it will be a wonderful change of pace when I do indulge and drive it to work! I've wanted a German V8 sedan ever since I bought a 528i 7 years ago and my friends had 540's. I just love the sound of a V8 - especially a German one. I don't really like "soft" cars - I'd get bored with that quickly - so I think the M3 will be perfect (as long as the steering isn't too light!) I've had my deposit down since May '05!

I am flattered that you would assume the P car is the wife's car. I assume this is based on my intelligent, rational posts here so far, under the name "Hans Delbruck"... That's what I want! To fit in like any other enthusiast, regardless of ehhhh.... "gender." Yes, "we" are extremely fortunate to have some nice cars. We have both always been car enthusiasts and we in fact met on a car club drive (we both had Boxster S's and he still has his) Anyhow, we both track, but he has a Radical SR3 and does an arrive and drive program with it. Right now I am driving his S2000 as my "track car" but I am planning to get an S2K of my own and weld in a roll bar and do some other track-focused stuff to it. I prefer the S2K on the track because it is fun and cheap! So that should explain my car choices and... maybe a little more. Like why "I'm not too technical" among other things...... Now shhhhh... forget you read this. I will likely delete it soon so I can remain "stealth"
Well done.
__________________
Epacy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-12-2007, 07:11 AM   #26
Filthy Monkey
Private First Class
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 193
iTrader: (0)

Ah, so that explains it then. You need the M3 to go shopping for shoes and bags
Filthy Monkey is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-12-2007, 08:34 AM   #27
mkoesel
Moderator
 
Drives: IB/PS M-DCT E93 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

Posts: 13,470
iTrader: (1)

Thanks Peppernick!

LOL @ Hans. Had me fooled!
__________________
2008 Interlagos Blue E93 M3 - M-DCT
2011 Salsa Red Jetta TDI Sportwagen - DSG
mkoesel is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-12-2007, 08:49 AM   #28
swamp2
Major General
 
swamp2's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA USA

Posts: 9,939
iTrader: (1)

More than I asked for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
swamp, are you "calling me out" ? Well I guess I could clarify although I've been trying to avoid divulging too many details, for as long as possible... I just want to fit in around here. And I agree, taken in isolation, that statement doesn't make a lot of sense. The M3 is certainly far from a luxo-cruiser! But in our "stable" that's kind of where it slots in. Next to the buzzy high-strung S2K, the kit car-ish Elise, the chick-car Boxster S, the boy racer Evo, and the GT3, the M3 should make a very refined, luxurious car "with an edge" -- one that I can drive TO the track, and probably on it occasionally. I will drive the M3 to work sometimes, but my commute totals about 100 miles a day, over LA's worst freeways. So I stick my Evo with that torture. The M3 would get beat up and rack up too many miles. But it will be a wonderful change of pace when I do indulge and drive it to work! I've wanted a German V8 sedan ever since I bought a 528i 7 years ago and my friends had 540's. I just love the sound of a V8 - especially a German one. I don't really like "soft" cars - I'd get bored with that quickly - so I think the M3 will be perfect (as long as the steering isn't too light!) I've had my deposit down since May '05!

I am flattered that you would assume the P car is the wife's car. I assume this is based on my intelligent, rational posts here so far, under the name "Hans Delbruck"... That's what I want! To fit in like any other enthusiast, regardless of ehhhh.... "gender." Yes, "we" are extremely fortunate to have some nice cars. We have both always been car enthusiasts and we in fact met on a car club drive (we both had Boxster S's and he still has his) Anyhow, we both track, but he has a Radical SR3 and does an arrive and drive program with it. Right now I am driving his S2000 as my "track car" but I am planning to get an S2K of my own and weld in a roll bar and do some other track-focused stuff to it. I prefer the S2K on the track because it is fun and cheap! So that should explain my car choices and... maybe a little more. Like why "I'm not too technical" among other things...... Now shhhhh... forget you read this. I will likely delete it soon so I can remain "stealth"
Whew, that was a lot more that I asked for! I was just curious. It is not that you had me fooled in any way, you said explicity that the GT3 was the wife's car! I don't give a rat's a%% about gender or what kind of car someone drives. Your posts are intelligent and I enjoy your opinions.

I'm still not sure a 100 mi commute would beat up a car that much (even in LA) but it certainly would age it a bit faster than normal though. Certainly if the car is leased that'd be a big no, no. From what I've read it really sounds like the new M3 is amazingly comfortable (more comfortable than the 335i as we've heard in one place). EDC will only make things that much better. Great to hear that you plan on getting the new M on the track at least a little bit - that will be my plans as well. I don't envy you having to look at the Evo and the new M each morning and "have" to "settle" for the Evo.

Cheers
swamp2 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-12-2007, 09:13 AM   #29
AxelLopez
Lieutenant
 
AxelLopez's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Alpine White M3 Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Puerto Rico

Posts: 494
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Speechless!!!
__________________

2008 Alpine White M3 Sedan, 6 speed manual, extended Red Novillo Leather, Navigation.
AxelLopez is offline   Puerto Rico
0
Reply With Quote
      09-12-2007, 10:04 AM   #30
Bavarian13
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 335, E36 M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Carmel

Posts: 252
iTrader: (0)

Looks good, I'll have to try to drive on myself. I hope the steering has the same feel as the E46 M...

BTW: Next time, keep the windows up went you record inside the car.
Bavarian13 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-12-2007, 11:02 AM   #31
mofomat
Captain
 
mofomat's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW M3 (E92)
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Maastricht, NL

Posts: 996
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
This car is fully optioned, the price, 6 large ones, GBP.
Not really.

Doesn't have full novillo leather.

Doesn't have the individual sound system.

Doesn't have the rear sun blind.

Amongst other things probably.
mofomat is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-12-2007, 11:14 AM   #32
adc
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2009 E90 M3 ED
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MD/DC

Posts: 4,073
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofomat View Post
Not really.

Doesn't have full novillo leather.

Doesn't have the individual sound system.

Doesn't have the rear sun blind.

Amongst other things probably.
Optional 19" wheels.
adc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-12-2007, 01:01 PM   #33
dechoong
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: E60 530 Sport
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: KL

Posts: 359
iTrader: (0)

Beautiful pictures of Jerez Black... now I've an honest idea what the colour really looks like

I would say the new M3 is a highly accomplished road car, one of the best (if not the best) as a luxury high performance daily driver. But at 1655kg, it is not a track car. It may not feel its weight on the road but on the track it will be very revealing. IMO, the current best DD/Track car is the Porsche GT3... though it has a problem with its low ride height and long front overhang. Maybe the upcoming CSL will give it a run for its money.

What I'm really looking forward to is BMW return to the ALMS with the E92 M3 GTR. The V8 E46 M3 GTR demolished the Porsche 996 GT3R in the ALMS but was disqualified in its 2nd year due to Porsche's complain about the E46's homologation issues (a V8 M3 that doesn't exist on the road). Now the E92 M3 has a mighty V8, lets hope BMW takes the fight to Porsche again in the ALMS from 2008
dechoong is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-12-2007, 01:33 PM   #34
Hans Delbruck
BMW & MB - friends in my garage
 
Hans Delbruck's Avatar
 
Drives: C63, 135i, 1959 BUICK
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Posts: 1,285
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Whew, that was a lot more that I asked for! I was just curious. It is not that you had me fooled in any way, you said explicity that the GT3 was the wife's car!

Cheers
Cheers guys! Hey I said it was the "spouse's" car.... hehe.

Yes, we are building a bigger garage... can't keep them all in one place right now.



peppernick, apologies for the thread-jack... please share more thoughts!
Hans Delbruck is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-12-2007, 01:36 PM   #35
the_stranger
Captain
 
the_stranger's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 M3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lafayette, IN

Posts: 927
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
What were the settings in the MDrive manager when you drove the car? Especially the steering. What are your views on the Fox Red interiors? How was Jerez Black with the carbon fibre roof? Your review was awesome. Hope I got to drive that car.
the_stranger is offline   India
0
Reply With Quote
      09-12-2007, 05:53 PM   #36
mofomat
Captain
 
mofomat's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW M3 (E92)
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Maastricht, NL

Posts: 996
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Optional 19" wheels.
What you talking about?

It has the optional 19" wheels.
mofomat is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-14-2007, 03:53 PM   #37
shragon
Moderator
 
shragon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325i SG Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 27,450
iTrader: (7)

nice!
__________________
shragon is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST