BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

GT Haus

09-02-2007, 12:26 PM   #23
Hans Delbruck
BMW & MB - friends in my garage
United_States
Rep

Drives: C63, 135i, 1959 BUICK

We'll be checking in every hour for your report! Are you the first on M3post? C O N G R A T S !
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2007, 12:39 PM   #24
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI6 View Post
Wow, Britain IS getting the cars first.... Is there precedence for this South?
I would never figure Munich would ever let their prize performer be launched outside of Germany. Is the U.K. that significant of a market?

And of course, if BMW can do this, then why can't we get some form of Individual?
Don't know that really. Maybe somebody from UK can answer. But I guess the UK is a quite significant market.

Individual: I think it has lost some desirability. The same colours for all model lines, the same colours for the M3 like we have already for the "standard" E92 Individual. The last good/sporty style colours are or will be discontinued with the end of the current Z4 (Estoril has gone, Phoenix Yellow probably will follow).

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2007, 11:55 PM   #25
TheRealDC
Private
Scotland
Rep

Drives: E92 M3

The first M3 in Scotland??

Hi

Delighted to hear that someone else in the UK has a confirmed date for delivery. The best I've managed to extract from my dealer is that my car is built and is just to be shipped and PDI'd so that I can get it. They're not guaranteeing it, but its highly likely I;ll be able to collect my car on Saturday 15th September .... Watch this space. I'll post some pics and initial observations once I have it.

Cheers .. DC
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2007, 03:00 AM   #26
I'm takin' the day off.
South Africa
Rep

Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3junkie View Post
My car has arrived - off to see it in an hour or so and get final confirmation that I can collect it on launch day - Next week!!! Yehhhh!

and........ did you see it? where are our pictures?
      09-04-2007, 04:34 AM   #27
Colonel'K
Private
Scotland
Rep

Drives: E92 330i Monaco Blue/Jade Grey

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealDC View Post
Hi

Delighted to hear that someone else in the UK has a confirmed date for delivery. The best I've managed to extract from my dealer is that my car is built and is just to be shipped and PDI'd so that I can get it. They're not guaranteeing it, but its highly likely I;ll be able to collect my car on Saturday 15th September .... Watch this space. I'll post some pics and initial observations once I have it.

Cheers .. DC
Will definitely keep an eye out for you on the roads here- are you East or West? What colour?

My stealer (Peter Vardy) said they were getting a AW demonstrator
      09-04-2007, 05:56 AM   #28
TheRealDC
Private
Scotland
Rep

Knockhill on the 15th??

Colonel K

I live West of Glasgow, but if all goes to plan I should have the car at Knockhill race circuit on Saturday 15th. Its Laguna Blue, 19's, Beige leather, EDC, FPDC, DAB radio. Have to travel to Inverness to Calterdon to collect though, as I lived up there when I ordered it (in 2004!!!). Where you located? Have you got a delivery date yet? Mine is the first production car allocated to Calterdon, but I was bitterly disappointed with the rade in offered on my current M3, which I also bought there. Stealer seems highly appropriate

Cheers .. DC
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2007, 06:22 AM   #29
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep

Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Individual on the exterior color?
You'll have to post pics.
      09-04-2007, 07:31 AM   #30
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 SO/CSAT F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
All these cars we're talking about are HEA (dealer cars), most of dealers do use their HEA cars to sell them to the first customers. Theses HEA cars have been delivered to the UK dealers in the last weeks.
Interesting is that the german HEA cars will arrive only a week before Sept. 15th, not two or three like it was in the U.K.
What does HEA stand for?

mofomat was saying in another thread that dealerships in the UK cannot sell their demo cars as "new". Are these HEA cars the same as "demo" cars?
      09-04-2007, 10:40 AM   #31
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
What does HEA stand for?

mofomat was saying in another thread that dealerships in the UK cannot sell their demo cars as "new". Are these HEA cars the same as "demo" cars?
That's german and says "HändlerErstAusstattung." That means that are the dealer cars, so basically yes, they're demo cars. Every dealer has to buy a car (or more?) which will be used for launch event/showroom presentation and test drives afterwards. In Germany many dealer have sold their cars to customers. They probably have a launch event displaying the cars on 15th and sell them afterwards...
Production of these cars started in June, real customer cars (means cars that always have been meant to be customer cars) are built from now on.

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2007, 09:09 AM   #32
Colonel'K
Private
Scotland
Rep

Drives: E92 330i Monaco Blue/Jade Grey

Garage List
Quote:
Colonel K

I live West of Glasgow, but if all goes to plan I should have the car at Knockhill race circuit on Saturday 15th. Its Laguna Blue, 19's, Beige leather, EDC, FPDC, DAB radio. Have to travel to Inverness to Calterdon to collect though, as I lived up there when I ordered it (in 2004!!!). Where you located? Have you got a delivery date yet? Mine is the first production car allocated to Calterdon, but I was bitterly disappointed with the rade in offered on my current M3, which I also bought there. Stealer seems highly appropriate

Cheers .. DC
I'm over near Edinburgh, actually just down the road from Knockhill. Not ordered a new M3 yet, as my E92 is just 5 months old and I'm still enjoying it too much . I want to wait until the DCT version comes out, and all the bugs have been ironed out.

Your spec sounds great- love the combination of blue exterior (Interlagos?) and light coloured interior (I could be biased, though ).

What are you up to at Knockhill on the 15th? Not thrashing your new M3 on the day you collect it I hope! Watch out for those speed cameras on the A9 on your way back from Inverness
      09-10-2007, 02:12 PM   #33
TheRealDC
Private
Scotland
Rep

Thrash my new M3 - moi?

Hi CK

I'm actually racing an XR2 at K/hill on Sunday, testing Sat afternoon. Paid for the car today, but still the dealer can't confirm that it'll be ready for Saturday collection :mad:

All I know at this point is that my car is in the UK at the main distribution centre.

Cheers .. DC
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2007, 03:35 PM   #34
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 SO/CSAT F80 M3

What happened to m3junkie? Too busy enjoying the car?
      09-12-2007, 07:13 AM   #35
TheRealDC
Private
Scotland
Rep

M3 this Saturday!!!

Confirmed that I will be getting my car this Saturday 15th ...

Pictures and first impressions to follow next week.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2007, 07:51 AM   #36
j|rz44
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 335i|E92

Garage List
07 335i  [0.00]
Your so frickin Stoked....

Congrats
      09-12-2007, 09:30 AM   #37
Filthy Monkey
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
I live West of Glasgow
Snap! I live in Erskine. I picked my car up from Fairbairn's, in Giffnock, on launch day, but I've brought it down to London with me now, as I work down here during the week.

Only a few days to go now. I'm sure you'll love it...
Appreciate 0