BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest
 
rolloface
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-06-2013, 12:30 PM   #177
Transfer
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Transfer's Avatar
 
Drives: SQ5, X1
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 1,676
iTrader: (0)

Tom at Turn2 just sent out an email recapping the session on saturday and sounds like there was a long wait list for that event so I just put my registration in for Saturday June 29th. I registered for B class although I feel I'm in between C and B.
Transfer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #178
FrenchBoy
Major
 
FrenchBoy's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 1,376
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Tom at Turn2 just sent out an email recapping the session on saturday and sounds like there was a long wait list for that event so I just put my registration in for Saturday June 29th. I registered for B class although I feel I'm in between C and B.
I was there on Sat with Turn2. What an amazing day this was. My next track day is 5/22 at the Ridge with PCA.
__________________

2009 E90 M3 | SG | FR | 6Speed | Akrapovic Evo | JRZ RS1 | StopTech Trophy | Cantrell Brake Ducts
FrenchBoy is offline   France
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #179
w00tw00t
Lieutenant Colonel
 
w00tw00t's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Z06
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Seattle

Posts: 1,624
iTrader: (11)

Out here today 5/6 at the ridge with proformamce. Awesome day. Lots of slow Ferraris in the advanced group that really should be in intermediate.
w00tw00t is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #180
w00tw00t
Lieutenant Colonel
 
w00tw00t's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Z06
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Seattle

Posts: 1,624
iTrader: (11)

Had a lot of fun at the ridge yesterday with proformance, posted a best time of 2:00 flat .. I'd really like to dip into the high 1:50s and looking at some of the other videos it looks like I need to carry more speed through T1,2 and 5,6, 10

Essentially I realized that to get better lap times I need to go faster.. Now why didn't I think of this before.. Duh right!? :-D

What's the fastest anyone has gone around the Ridge in a E9x M3?

Here's a rough (manually noted times) comparison of my lap with a 1:58 done by another M3..

Turn Me Him
1 76 90
2 54 79
3 56 54
4 56 63
5 67 75
6 55 57
7 68 85
8a/8b 49,70 58,39
9 90 90
10 88 104
11 45 41
12 52 46
13 36 34
15 39 46


Also, yesterday was spoilt a bit by a bunch of Canadian Ferrari owners who were circulating in the advanced group and were causing lots of traffic issues.. However it's always fun chasing and passing Ferraris… for instance:

w00tw00t is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2013, 11:34 AM   #181
Transfer
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Transfer's Avatar
 
Drives: SQ5, X1
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 1,676
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tw00t View Post
Here's a rough (manually noted times) comparison of my lap with a 1:58 done by another M3..

Turn Me Him
1 76 90
2 54 79
3 56 54
4 56 63
5 67 75
6 55 57
7 68 85
8a/8b 49,70 58,39
9 90 90
10 88 104
11 45 41
12 52 46
13 36 34
15 39 46
Are those MPH speeds? Corner entry, apex, or exit speeds? T1,2 speeds are impressive and T8a at 70mph??! That's some grip that I certainly don't have. Excellent work hitting 2:00 btw.
Transfer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2013, 11:50 AM   #182
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 11|Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:35:72
 
1MOREMOD's Avatar
 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

Posts: 12,389
iTrader: (5)

yes very nice work. your picking up pace quickly! from that video it looks like you can carry a lot more thru 1 at least. i do a large portion of my braking from the front straight at 2. 1 can be taken very fast. lowest e9x time at the ridge i know of is in the 1:54 range.
__________________

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
1MOREMOD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2013, 12:01 PM   #183
w00tw00t
Lieutenant Colonel
 
w00tw00t's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Z06
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Seattle

Posts: 1,624
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Are those MPH speeds? Corner entry, apex, or exit speeds? T1,2 speeds are impressive and T8a at 70mph??! That's some grip that I certainly don't have. Excellent work hitting 2:00 btw.
thanks!!

yes mph, and apex (roughly) .. you have to remember that 8a/b and 9 are going uphill so your car has tons of grip because tires are pushing into the surface... you have note uphill/downhill and off and on camber to judge how much grip you have..

t1/t2 I'm just gradually building up more entry speed... baby steps... watching faster M3s I know the car can take it faster but my brain can't process all that info that quickly....... yet

Last edited by w00tw00t; 05-07-2013 at 12:38 PM.
w00tw00t is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2013, 12:02 PM   #184
w00tw00t
Lieutenant Colonel
 
w00tw00t's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Z06
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Seattle

Posts: 1,624
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
yes very nice work. your picking up pace quickly! from that video it looks like you can carry a lot more thru 1 at least. i do a large portion of my braking from the front straight at 2. 1 can be taken very fast. lowest e9x time at the ridge i know of is in the 1:54 range.
don't use the video to judge my lines and speed... the red Ferrari was blocking me completely.. That was just a fun video about a slow Ferrari.. let me see if I can find my 2:00 video .. which is a lot smoother/faster.
w00tw00t is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2013, 12:04 PM   #185
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 11|Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:35:72
 
1MOREMOD's Avatar
 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

Posts: 12,389
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tw00t View Post
don't use the video to judge my lines and speed... the red Ferrari was blocking me completely.. That was just a fun video about a slow Ferrari.. let me see if I can find my 2:00 video .. which is a lot smoother/faster.
okay i was referring to 76 mph thru turn 1 you quoted. i have no room to talk though dude you are faster than me overall at the ridge.
__________________

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|

Last edited by 1MOREMOD; 05-07-2013 at 12:12 PM.
1MOREMOD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #186
w00tw00t
Lieutenant Colonel
 
w00tw00t's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Z06
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Seattle

Posts: 1,624
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
okay i was referring to 76 mph thru turn 1 you quoted. i have no room to talk though dude you are faster than me overall at the ridge.
ah gotcha... i'm just a chicken through there.. my brain can't cope with more speeds there yet... will come slowly essentially I brake too much at the end of the straight.. your point about being able to carry more speed through 1 is very valid and I will try it next time..
w00tw00t is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2013, 01:23 PM   #187
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 11|Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:35:72
 
1MOREMOD's Avatar
 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

Posts: 12,389
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tw00t View Post
ah gotcha... i'm just a chicken through there.. my brain can't cope with more speeds there yet... will come slowly essentially I brake too much at the end of the straight.. your point about being able to carry more speed through 1 is very valid and I will try it next time..
I feel I'm too fast thru 1 and 2 and it puts me out of line for 3-5. Need to find a balance so I don't get to wide track out for 3 and keep compounding errors there.
1MOREMOD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2013, 01:43 PM   #188
Transfer
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Transfer's Avatar
 
Drives: SQ5, X1
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 1,676
iTrader: (0)

I wish I trusted my brakes more so I wouldn't feel the need to do 75% of my T1,T2 braking at the end of T1. For now I'll keep dreaming about a BBK and braking like a weenie.
Transfer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2013, 02:13 PM   #189
w00tw00t
Lieutenant Colonel
 
w00tw00t's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Z06
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Seattle

Posts: 1,624
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
I wish I trusted my brakes more so I wouldn't feel the need to do 75% of my T1,T2 braking at the end of T1. For now I'll keep dreaming about a BBK and braking like a weenie.
don't feel too badly.. I still chicken out at high speeds even with a bbk... most of it is mental though.. if the brain can process faster then you can brake later and go through turns faster.
w00tw00t is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2013, 02:14 PM   #190
w00tw00t
Lieutenant Colonel
 
w00tw00t's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Z06
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Seattle

Posts: 1,624
iTrader: (11)

If I still had my GTR I would have done a 1:50 easy
w00tw00t is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #191
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 11|Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:35:72
 
1MOREMOD's Avatar
 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

Posts: 12,389
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tw00t View Post
don't feel too badly.. I still chicken out at high speeds even with a bbk... most of it is mental though.. if the brain can process faster then you can brake later and go through turns faster.
key is to not be processing that at all but doing it subconsciously. you cant think about this stuff fast enough to be effective at doing it.
__________________

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
1MOREMOD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #192
w00tw00t
Lieutenant Colonel
 
w00tw00t's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Z06
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Seattle

Posts: 1,624
iTrader: (11)

must... resist... temptation... to correct flawed logic... ah can't resist..

subconsciously or consciously, your brain is still processing info .. they are just modifier words to the core activity ..
w00tw00t is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2013, 03:43 PM   #193
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 11|Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:35:72
 
1MOREMOD's Avatar
 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

Posts: 12,389
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tw00t View Post
must... resist... temptation... to correct flawed logic... ah can't resist..

subconsciously or consciously, your brain is still processing info .. they are just modifier words to the core activity ..
not correct, you have read speed secrets, you can process 2000 bits of information consciously a second or 4 billion subconsciously. you are at a tremendous disadvantage if you are thinking about what you are doing instead of being on auto pilot. hence your conscious brain is freed up to focus on other aspects of your driving. the final stage to learning any behavior is unconscious competence with conscious awareness. your essentially doing things on automatic but using your conscious mind to monitor your performance and perfect it.
__________________

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|

Last edited by 1MOREMOD; 05-07-2013 at 03:54 PM.
1MOREMOD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #194
w00tw00t
Lieutenant Colonel
 
w00tw00t's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Z06
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Seattle

Posts: 1,624
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
not correct, you have read speed secrets, you can process 2000 bits of information consciously a second or 4 billion subconsciously. you are at a tremendous disadvantage if you are thinking about what you are doing instead of being on auto pilot. hence your conscious brain is freed up to focus on other aspects of your driving. the final stage to learning any behavior is unconscious competence with conscious awareness. your essentially doing things on automatic but using your conscious mind to monitor your performance and perfect it.
lol dude - okay okay!
w00tw00t is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2013, 04:45 PM   #195
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 11|Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:35:72
 
1MOREMOD's Avatar
 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

Posts: 12,389
iTrader: (5)

not buying it? when first learning to drive at 16 or whenever it was a ton of thinking involved in just simple operation of the car now you dont have to think at all. you can drive a 100 miles and be thinking of anything but driving and still arrive at your destination. or take golf or some other activity if you think about the 1000s of things you need to do in the next second you will accomplish none of them with any degree of precision but if you have it programmed into your brain you just walk up and whack it.
__________________

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
1MOREMOD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2013, 07:57 PM   #196
urBan_dK
First Lieutenant
 
urBan_dK's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mill Creek, WA

Posts: 362
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Nice time Woot!

I got a 2:05 in my first track day at the Ridge in the M3, car was stock except for PSS tires, so no BBK in my case. I have a feeling a lot of time could be picked up with RS3 or better tires and a good brake kit.

Going with the S2000 in June, car is much more prepped so I'm hoping to dip closer to the 2:00 mark.
urBan_dK is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2013, 08:08 PM   #197
w00tw00t
Lieutenant Colonel
 
w00tw00t's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Z06
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Seattle

Posts: 1,624
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by urBan_dK View Post
Nice time Woot!

I got a 2:05 in my first track day at the Ridge in the M3, car was stock except for PSS tires, so no BBK in my case. I have a feeling a lot of time could be picked up with RS3 or better tires and a good brake kit.

Going with the S2000 in June, car is much more prepped so I'm hoping to dip closer to the 2:00 mark.
yep my goal is to dip into 1:59 next time ... gain a second or two at a time.. I'm going to work on my entry and corner speeds in T1 and T2

S2000 is a phenomenal car.. wish I had never sold mine! There's a really fast S2000 driver who shows up at all track days ... that isn't you is it? (Silver S2000 with a race tire trailer hitch)
w00tw00t is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2013, 08:43 PM   #198
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 11|Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:35:72
 
1MOREMOD's Avatar
 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

Posts: 12,389
iTrader: (5)

thats bill. urban dks car is sick. 360 at the wheels and very well set up.
__________________

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
1MOREMOD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST