BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

GetBMWParts

05-03-2013, 09:55 PM   #45
robotk
Second Lieutenant

Drives: e90 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Weights were provided by ESS, but we'll be sure to validate as soon as the VF540 is pulled off.

I chose not to upgrade because VF production software was very buggy, even in "final" form. We were constantly dealing with customer complains from constant limp modes, CELs, and numerous codes - sometimes 3 pages long in reports.

I am an enthusiast, and our opinion counts also. I have been trying my best to stay civil on this matter, but we certainly have enough history to fully explain our side if provoked.

Food for thought. Have a great weekend.
It's amazing to me that these things aren't disclosed more regularly on the forums. Makes me wonder - it's the main reason why I've ruled out tunes and SC on this motor - though I've flirted with the idea of both at one point or another. I always have the feeling that the whole truth re:reliability, etc. is never completely revealed.
      05-04-2013, 01:48 AM   #46
Longbow64
_______

Drives: 09 E90 M3, 13 X3 35i MSport

I say again, not a single issue with codes or studdering. That's after a self install. I thought for sure something would have gone wrong. All of these kits are great from ESS, VF, and AA. Pick which one you want, buy it, and know that you have a great car that will never be duplicated. This is the last M3 we'll see like this. Enjoy it.

'09 E90 M3 SG | VF620 SC | KW V3 | ARC Wheels w/AD08 | OnEighty Lights | BPM Sport coding | AA Catless Exhaust | BMW Performance Wheel | Recaro Child Seat
'13 X3 DSB with M Sport | JB4 Stage 1 | BMS Intake | H&R Springs | Gloss black grill | CF Wrap and Coded by me
      05-04-2013, 02:57 AM   #47
biglare
Brigadier General

Drives: ?

Wow that is a lot of VF S/C kits on the market at once.

Maybe these are all the demo kits that were almost free and they are trying to make some money back on them? :

Maybe they took their cars on the track and found that they overheat and go into limp mode after 1-2 laps? :

Maybe they decided to go with another S/C company? :

Maybe they are selling their cars and could not sell the car with a VF S/C kit on it? :

Just some ideas that went through my head when I saw this thread.

05-04-2013, 04:18 AM   #48
UBER ///M3
///M FLIGHT

Drives: 2012 LEMANS BLUE E92 ZCP M3

ESS V2 Tune, ACM Test Pipes, AA Green Filter,Custom painted Recaro Pole Positions, Akrapovic slip on, Stoptech ST60, KW Clubsports, APEX ARC8s/Hankook RS3s, Hamann carbon fiber hood, ONEighty Headlight mod (selfmade), CRT lip with splitters, Blacked out/paint matched emblems, black aluminum extended paddles and pedals
UBER ///M3 is offline   Germany
      05-04-2013, 05:20 PM   #49
IMG
VT3

Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBER ///M3
Can I get some plz

Ess VT3 LC built motor,Volk TE37SL,Euro taillights,Dinan Xpipe,Custom Headers,Akra axle back CF tips,ModeCarbon FR lip,BMW CF wing
LOW BOOST 60-130 6.7 sec
      05-05-2013, 05:34 AM   #50
Dek25ive
Private First Class

Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Selling mine, and for a great price I might add, because no SC company including VF or ESS for that matter can offer the protection offered from BMW on a brand new car. Emotional buy bottom line and was not a demo kit. Havent heard anything about VF systems being suspect. As a matter of fact when I first started thinking about selling it I got more people asking saying I should keep it.
      05-07-2013, 03:03 AM   #51
mazspeed
Private First Class

Drives: 08' E92 M3, 13' S1000RR

Ask him fab up a turbo kit for the e9x m3's lol. bought a few turbo parts from bell engineering for my Miata build. Corky is the man
[quote=whats77inaname;13922738]Met him quite by accident back in my younger days. Didn't realize *who* he was when I walked into his shop, and didn't realize that I had such a valuable resource in my home town until many years later. Awesome guy, great books!
      05-07-2013, 02:06 PM   #52
Boostin FD
Major

Drives: e92 M3

I think these kits would sell quicker if VF would give their 2 cents on the kits and maybe "Support" it? I PM'ed and Emailed VF a while back, inquiring on the process of getting a tune and the warranty info and have yet to hear anything back.

With ESS, the support and response is what every car enthusiast that's spending over 5K on a product is expecting.

Just my 2 cents. I would have already picked up one of the 3 if I actually got my questions answered. It's not that I don't believe the sellers that much, but it's just for my piece of mind knowing that the tune is actually part of the kit and there is "some" warranty left on the kit.

Thanks.
2002 e46 ///M3 Carbon Black <~~Sold
2007 Audi //RS4 Dolphin Gray<~~Sold
Boostin FD is offline   United_States
      05-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #53
VF-Engineering
Second Lieutenant

Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostin FD View Post
I think these kits would sell quicker if VF would give their 2 cents on the kits and maybe "Support" it? I PM'ed and Emailed VF a while back, inquiring on the process of getting a tune and the warranty info and have yet to hear anything back.

With ESS, the support and response is what every car enthusiast that's spending over 5K on a product is expecting.

Just my 2 cents. I would have already picked up one of the 3 if I actually got my questions answered. It's not that I don't believe the sellers that much, but it's just for my piece of mind knowing that the tune is actually part of the kit and there is "some" warranty left on the kit.

Thanks.

Boostin, if we overlooked your inquiry please forward/resend or email me directly at sales1@vf-engineering.com. I'm also available by phone at 714-528-0066. We're happy to assist.

As for warranty, our kits are covered fully with a 1-year/12k mile warranty.