BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

INDustry distribution

05-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #1
epbb
Private First Class

Drives: 2010 M3

Akra Components

So, I've looked around, and also called a couple dealers on the Akra website, but so far, I have not been able to get an answer. I'm trying to figure out if I can purchase the Akra X-Pipe by itself.

On the Akra website, they sell the slip on separately. So say you buy that, and you want to upgrade to the complete Evo system... You would just need to buy the X-Pipe and you would be good to go.

Unfortunately, I don't see the X-Pipe on their website by itself, and again, none of the dealers I have called asking if I can get it separately have gotten back to me yet (Okay, so I called one yesterday and emailed another this morning... What can I say, I'm an impatient guy! ). I did see a used one on sale here (Euro version, whatever that means), but don't see any new ones.

Does anyone know if it's possible to just get the X-Pipe?

EDIT: Also, any recommendations for a good Akra dealer in SW / South FL would be great.

Last edited by epbb; 05-07-2013 at 10:37 AM.
      05-07-2013, 10:51 AM   #2
FormulaMMM
Major

Drives: E90 M3

Yes, you can get the x-pipe separate. Suggest that you call the vendors.

Or wait for a used one on the forum. That's what I did.

Believe that Velos Designwerks in Miami deals Akra. Good dudes over there -- give them a call.
      05-07-2013, 11:14 AM   #3
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by epbb View Post
So, I've looked around, and also called a couple dealers on the Akra website, but so far, I have not been able to get an answer. I'm trying to figure out if I can purchase the Akra X-Pipe by itself.

On the Akra website, they sell the slip on separately. So say you buy that, and you want to upgrade to the complete Evo system... You would just need to buy the X-Pipe and you would be good to go.

Unfortunately, I don't see the X-Pipe on their website by itself, and again, none of the dealers I have called asking if I can get it separately have gotten back to me yet (Okay, so I called one yesterday and emailed another this morning... What can I say, I'm an impatient guy! ). I did see a used one on sale here (Euro version, whatever that means), but don't see any new ones.

Does anyone know if it's possible to just get the X-Pipe?

EDIT: Also, any recommendations for a good Akra dealer in SW / South FL would be great.
The X-Pipe alone is $2450, the difference of the EVO and Slip-On systems. We have them listed separately on our site.

Most are happy with the standard versions which are equipped with 100 cpsi cats and resonators. The GT4 versions will not have provisions for secondary O2s and are missing cats/resonators.

We ship all over the country. Feel free to contact me directly if you should have any questions.