BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis
 
PYSPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-20-2013, 10:00 PM   #45
mlhj83
Scythe-Meister
mlhj83's Avatar
United Kingdom
22
Rep
1,035
Posts

 
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lutfy
Sorry for brining up the old thread. Folks in the UK, care to share link/places where we can get it directly (am in the US).

US folks, any idea how we can obtain this? Dealer states special order 4 month wait etc.

Lastly, how did the pad wear? I am VERY interested in these sport pads.

Regards,

Lutfy
I ordered mine from an independent garage that I know very well, and got it within 3 weeks from BMW. Contact Ed at www.autops.co.uk and ask for these pads, they'll happily ship them over to you.

I've used them for 5 track days and have no complaints, apart from noise. I have also used them in subzero temperatures and bite from cold is a non-issue. 5 track days and a couple thousand road miles have resulted in about 50% of pad life left.

My track day videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mlhj83/v...ew=0&flow=grid

Last edited by mlhj83; 03-20-2013 at 10:20 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #46
lutfy
Second Lieutenant
lutfy's Avatar
3
Rep
251
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E90 M3 DCT, 2005 997 C2S
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Washington DC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhj83 View Post
I ordered mine from an independent garage that I know very well, and got it within 3 weeks from BMW. Contact Ed at www.autops.co.uk and ask for these pads, they'll happily ship them over to you.

I've used them for 5 track days and have no complaints, apart from noise. I have also used them in subzero temperatures and bite from cold is a non-issue. 5 track days and a couple thousand road miles have resulted in about 50% of pad life left.

My track day videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mlhj83/v...ew=0&flow=grid
Thanks mate.

For us US folks, the dealer quoted me $455 for the front pads only to revert back by stating these items cannot be sold (NLA- no longer avail) since its not DOT approved.

That said, I did get a quote from BMMiniparts.com

GBP 308 fronts and 231 rears (VAT excluded). Add shipping and duty and its ballpark $900 for the set. FYI.

Lutfy
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 01:15 PM   #47
davem3fan
Lieutenant
davem3fan's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
583
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E70 X5d Swiss Army Knife
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Philly Metro

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Regarding these pads:

For those of you who use them in Europe:
Are they OK for both the track and for daily driving?

Not really concerned about how fast they eat rotors, more concerned about eradicating pad smear that cannot be avoided using OEM US market brake pads.
__________________
Dave Flogaus CCA #123862
Instructor, BMW Club Racer & Nürburgring Specialist
95 E34 M5 3.8 Daytona Violet
98 E36 M3/4 White IS #244
14 F31 M Sport Touring, 13 E70 X5d
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 02:07 PM   #48
mlhj83
Scythe-Meister
mlhj83's Avatar
United Kingdom
22
Rep
1,035
Posts

 
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem3fan View Post
Regarding these pads:

For those of you who use them in Europe:
Are they OK for both the track and for daily driving?

Not really concerned about how fast they eat rotors, more concerned about eradicating pad smear that cannot be avoided using OEM US market brake pads.
They are great for road use too - better bite and modulation than standard, even in subzero temps. - and do a great job of cleaning off pad deposits on the discs when they are cold to warm (temperature range at which they are most abrasive). The only downside is the incredibly loud squeal under light pedal application when coming to a stop, and I really mean loud, like having a screaming child at each wheel. Obviously, if you constantly lay down pad material on the disc, the squeal is minimum. Squealing is at its worst when the discs have been scrubbed clean.

Last edited by mlhj83; 03-27-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 02:11 PM   #49
davem3fan
Lieutenant
davem3fan's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
583
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E70 X5d Swiss Army Knife
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Philly Metro

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Great data points!
On behalf of my fellow Americans, we thank you.
__________________
Dave Flogaus CCA #123862
Instructor, BMW Club Racer & Nürburgring Specialist
95 E34 M5 3.8 Daytona Violet
98 E36 M3/4 White IS #244
14 F31 M Sport Touring, 13 E70 X5d
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 04:21 PM   #50
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
jonasaurus's Avatar
United Kingdom
34
Rep
3,147
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3 [Sold]
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhj83 View Post
They are great for road use too - better bite and modulation than standard, even in subzero temps. - and do a great job of cleaning off pad deposits on the discs when they are cold to warm (temperature range at which they are most abrasive). The only downside is the incredibly loud squeal under light pedal application when coming to a stop, and I really mean loud, like having a screaming child at each wheel. Obviously, if you constantly lay down pad material on the disc, the squeal is minimum. Squealing is at its worst when the discs have been scrubbed clean.
Mine sound similar to one of those double decker buses you get in London
__________________
///M3 | E90 LCI | Space Grey | Fox Red with CF Structure | 6MT | 260M | My build
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 04:26 PM   #51
mlhj83
Scythe-Meister
mlhj83's Avatar
United Kingdom
22
Rep
1,035
Posts

 
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasaurus View Post
Mine sound similar to one of those double decker buses you get in London
Think mine are way louder than that, especially as the pads are half worn and have no anti-squeal paste - can't be bothered to apply paste everytime I swap pads .
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #52
davem3fan
Lieutenant
davem3fan's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
583
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E70 X5d Swiss Army Knife
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Philly Metro

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Being the stubborn guy that I am, I've got a set of these on the way from the Fatherland.
__________________
Dave Flogaus CCA #123862
Instructor, BMW Club Racer & Nürburgring Specialist
95 E34 M5 3.8 Daytona Violet
98 E36 M3/4 White IS #244
14 F31 M Sport Touring, 13 E70 X5d
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 02:15 PM   #53
ayao
Thread killer
8
Rep
642
Posts

 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem3fan View Post
Being the stubborn guy that I am, I've got a set of these on the way from the Fatherland.
That's quite tenacious of you. What was the total $ damage? I'm trying to assess pros/cons vs PFC08s ...
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 02:38 PM   #54
davem3fan
Lieutenant
davem3fan's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
583
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E70 X5d Swiss Army Knife
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Philly Metro

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayao View Post
That's quite tenacious of you. What was the total $ damage? I'm trying to assess pros/cons vs PFC08s ...
My retired military friend who still lives in Germany got a set for 850.00
Apparently they are on the way.
__________________
Dave Flogaus CCA #123862
Instructor, BMW Club Racer & Nürburgring Specialist
95 E34 M5 3.8 Daytona Violet
98 E36 M3/4 White IS #244
14 F31 M Sport Touring, 13 E70 X5d
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 05:08 PM   #55
ayao
Thread killer
8
Rep
642
Posts

 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CA

iTrader: (1)

Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 03:37 AM   #56
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
Moxie's Avatar
Germany
25
Rep
1,860
Posts

 
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Stuttgart

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem3fan View Post
My retired military friend who still lives in Germany got a set for 850.00
Apparently they are on the way.
Damn - Hope that's USD.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #57
Hedoniste
Captain
Hedoniste's Avatar
27
Rep
602
Posts

 
Drives: M3 & X1
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Blablaille

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhj83
Quote:
Originally Posted by davem3fan View Post
Regarding these pads:

For those of you who use them in Europe:
Are they OK for both the track and for daily driving?

Not really concerned about how fast they eat rotors, more concerned about eradicating pad smear that cannot be avoided using OEM US market brake pads.
They are great for road use too - better bite and modulation than standard, even in subzero temps. - and do a great job of cleaning off pad deposits on the discs when they are cold to warm (temperature range at which they are most abrasive). The only downside is the incredibly loud squeal under light pedal application when coming to a stop, and I really mean loud, like having a screaming child at each wheel. Obviously, if you constantly lay down pad material on the disc, the squeal is minimum. Squealing is at its worst when the discs have been scrubbed clean.

+1
__________________
2015 BMW M3 DCT (AW/FSO)
Previous M's:
2011 BMW M3 Coupe 6MT ZCP
2007 BMW M Coupe
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #58
davem3fan
Lieutenant
davem3fan's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
583
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E70 X5d Swiss Army Knife
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Philly Metro

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
FYI:
These worked really well at my June track day @ Lime Rock Park.
__________________
Dave Flogaus CCA #123862
Instructor, BMW Club Racer & Nürburgring Specialist
95 E34 M5 3.8 Daytona Violet
98 E36 M3/4 White IS #244
14 F31 M Sport Touring, 13 E70 X5d
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2014, 10:54 AM   #59
marconi118
Captain
10
Rep
968
Posts

 
Drives: 06/07 e93 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: europe

iTrader: (0)

anyone find out how to dim the noise?

nay copper ease or caliper compound?


the squeal is making me crazy
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 02:14 PM   #60
lutfy
Second Lieutenant
lutfy's Avatar
3
Rep
251
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E90 M3 DCT, 2005 997 C2S
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Washington DC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marconi118 View Post
anyone find out how to dim the noise?

nay copper ease or caliper compound?


the squeal is making me crazy
Very easy. Shut the windows and crank up the volume on the radio.

Sorry mate no way around the squeal.

I did confirm that these pads made by Tektar are actually re-branded Pagid Yellow (RS19s) which is less money. Same manufacturer and compound. Just an FYI for those interested.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 02:50 AM   #61
marconi118
Captain
10
Rep
968
Posts

 
Drives: 06/07 e93 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: europe

iTrader: (0)

WOW yellow RS19 pagid street legal in europe (they are stamped bmw)

I got them on ebay for 250€

If anyone interested have a spare set brand new in BMW sealed box. I can sell it at the same price + shipping
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST