BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications
 
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-28-2013, 08:24 PM   #1
the_road_less_traveled
Id rather be boating...
 
the_road_less_traveled's Avatar
 
Drives: Baja 26 Outlaw
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the lake

Posts: 1,101
iTrader: (3)

HRE Copper wheels, wrap teaser, and blacked out headlights with LED ring all Inside!

Well I started tearing the car down back in December and am just now putting it in the shop to get wrapped. I move like molasses! First thing I did was pull the headlights and add the rings, black out, new 6500K bulbs, wrapped the shrouds, etc. Next the bumper was completely shaved (tow hook, reflectors, headlight washers). The Challenge GT lip isnt shown, but I cant be showing all my goodies, after all this is meant to be a teaser!

Obviously its a work in progress, but its getting closer to finished car each day. Blah blah blah.. Onto the pics..yeah I know. Enjoy


UPDATE: Wednesday - Shop sent me a teaser pic. As long as they dont run out of material, it should be finished tomorrow. I have a couple days of reassembly and fitting aftermarket parts, but its closer now!

UPDATE 2: 29 May 2013 - Still not together, but should be this weekend. Better quality pics attached.
Attached Images
          

Last edited by the_road_less_traveled; 05-29-2013 at 07:15 PM. Reason: New Pic Update
the_road_less_traveled is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2013, 08:40 PM   #2
W///
Brigadier General
 
W///'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3/1999 E36 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

Posts: 4,799
iTrader: (11)

Wow that finish on the wheels are incredible!! Possibly my favorite HRE's I've seen yet, and that says. Can't wait to see the finished product.
__________________
2008 E92 M3: Sparkling Graphite | Bamboo Beige | 6MT | CF Roof | HRE | Eisenmann | BPM Sport | Swift | Arkym | Mode Carbon | M.Perf
W/// is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2013, 08:44 PM   #3
toddcc1
Private First Class
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Monument, CO

Posts: 156
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfirer1guy View Post
Well I started tearing the car down back in December and am just now putting it in the shop to get wrapped. I move like molasses! First thing I did was pull the headlights and add the rings, black out, new 6500K bulbs, wrapped the shrouds, etc. Next the bumper was completely shaved (tow hook, reflectors, headlight washers). The Challenge GT lip isnt shown, but I cant be showing all my goodies, after all this is meant to be a teaser!

Obviously its a work in progress, but its getting closer to finished car each day. Blah blah blah.. Onto the pics..yeah I know. Enjoy
If I had a girlfriend that crapped gold, I'd trade her for those wheels.
toddcc1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2013, 08:57 PM   #4
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 10|Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:35:72
 
1MOREMOD's Avatar
 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

Posts: 12,206
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddcc1 View Post
If I had a girlfriend that crapped gold, I'd trade her for those wheels.
nice.
__________________

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
1MOREMOD is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2013, 08:59 PM   #5
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
 
CPWINCH's Avatar
 
Drives: F32 4 Series
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 3,517
iTrader: (5)

buys one of the most expensive wheels, wraps them in one of the shittiest tires
__________________
Follow my BMW instagram @Bmwmodification!! Let me know you are from bimmerpost and i'll follow back
CPWINCH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2013, 09:01 PM   #6
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 10|Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:35:72
 
1MOREMOD's Avatar
 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

Posts: 12,206
iTrader: (5)



Quote:
Originally Posted by CPWINCH View Post
buys one of the most expensive wheels, wraps them in one of the shittiest tires
__________________

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
1MOREMOD is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2013, 09:23 PM   #7
BMW Fanatic
Banned
 
Drives: slow
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary

Posts: 3,314
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPWINCH View Post
buys one of the most expensive wheels, wraps them in one of the shittiest tires
Always the ones without the M.

Sick colour.
BMW Fanatic is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2013, 09:27 PM   #8
the_road_less_traveled
Id rather be boating...
 
the_road_less_traveled's Avatar
 
Drives: Baja 26 Outlaw
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the lake

Posts: 1,101
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPWINCH View Post
buys one of the most expensive wheels, wraps them in one of the shittiest tires
If you knew anything you'd know that these "shittiest" tires are as high rated as PSS, yet 70% the cost. In the size tires I run these are very few options. Thanks for stopping by my thread to show your stupidity and talk smack jerk off. Stfu and stfu m k?
the_road_less_traveled is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2013, 09:31 PM   #9
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
 
CPWINCH's Avatar
 
Drives: F32 4 Series
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 3,517
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic View Post
Always the ones without the M.

Sick colour.
I dont even have a car at the moment, so i guess thats even worse lol. Bout to get into an M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfirer1guy View Post
If you knew anything you'd know that these "shittiest" tires are as high rated as PSS, yet 70% the cost. In the size tires I run these are very few options. Thanks for stopping by my thread to show your stupidity and talk smack jerk off. Stfu and stfu m k?
I had V12s on my 335. Garbage.I am glad you like them though! I didn't mean to offend just speaking the truth. Your wheels are beautiful
__________________
Follow my BMW instagram @Bmwmodification!! Let me know you are from bimmerpost and i'll follow back
CPWINCH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2013, 09:31 PM   #10
the_road_less_traveled
Id rather be boating...
 
the_road_less_traveled's Avatar
 
Drives: Baja 26 Outlaw
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the lake

Posts: 1,101
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPWINCH View Post
buys one of the most expensive wheels, wraps them in one of the shittiest tires
All this coming from the dude that can't even afford an M. You may leave the men's forum now. Come back when you can afford an M, until then you don't rate to speak around here.
the_road_less_traveled is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2013, 09:39 PM   #11
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
 
CPWINCH's Avatar
 
Drives: F32 4 Series
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 3,517
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfirer1guy View Post
All this coming from the dude that can't even afford an M. You may leave the men's forum now. Come back when you can afford an M, until then you don't rate to speak around here.
Coming from the dude who lives in Cincinnati. Cross shop houses in California compared to Ohio. Some people believe money is better spent on cars and other believe money is better spent on Real Estate. And who said I cant afford an M!? Stop making silly assumptions
would rather wake up to this everyday than an M3:

__________________
Follow my BMW instagram @Bmwmodification!! Let me know you are from bimmerpost and i'll follow back

Last edited by CPWINCH; 04-28-2013 at 09:51 PM.
CPWINCH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2013, 09:48 PM   #12
Kwando
Captain
 
Kwando's Avatar
 
Drives: Yes
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: London, Ontario

Posts: 921
iTrader: (0)

Stupid question but are they actually cooper plated or cooper finish? I only ask because I think I saw someone who actually had cooper plated M3 with the army/olive matte wrap or something.
Kwando is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2013, 09:55 PM   #13
the_road_less_traveled
Id rather be boating...
 
the_road_less_traveled's Avatar
 
Drives: Baja 26 Outlaw
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the lake

Posts: 1,101
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPWINCH View Post
Coming from the dude who lives in Cincinnati. Cross shop houses in California compared to Ohio. Some people believe money is better spent on cars and other believe money is better spent on Real Estate. And who said I cant afford an M!? Stop making silly assumptions
No need to cross shop, I used to live in SoCal and I wouldn't live there again if you paid me. You can have Hollywood, the looney liberals, out of control crime, 35 different languages, CARB, and cops who have boners for nice cars! I've experienced both, and I prefer KY any day to California. BTW homes in my neighborhood run up to a couple mil. KY isn't as hick as you foolishly believe.
the_road_less_traveled is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2013, 09:56 PM   #14
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
 
CPWINCH's Avatar
 
Drives: F32 4 Series
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 3,517
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfirer1guy View Post
No need to cross shop, I used to live in SoCal and I wouldn't live there again if you paid me. You can have Hollywood, the looney liberals, out of control crime, 35 different languages, CARB, and cops who have boners for nice cars! I've experienced both, and I prefer KY any day to California. BTW homes in my neighborhood run up to a couple mil. KY isn't as hick as you foolishly believe.
I'm just fucking with you man Car looks amazing
__________________
Follow my BMW instagram @Bmwmodification!! Let me know you are from bimmerpost and i'll follow back
CPWINCH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2013, 09:57 PM   #15
the_road_less_traveled
Id rather be boating...
 
the_road_less_traveled's Avatar
 
Drives: Baja 26 Outlaw
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the lake

Posts: 1,101
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwando View Post
Stupid question but are they actually cooper plated or cooper finish? I only ask because I think I saw someone who actually had cooper plated M3 with the army/olive matte wrap or something.
LOL... These def aren't copper plated, just hand brushed, then powder coated.
the_road_less_traveled is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2013, 12:00 AM   #16
toddcc1
Private First Class
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Monument, CO

Posts: 156
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPWINCH View Post
buys one of the most expensive wheels, wraps them in one of the shittiest tires
Shoot, he could slap one of these on there and it still would be legit.
Attached Images
 
toddcc1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2013, 06:31 AM   #17
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
GOLFFRR's Avatar
 
Drives: Golf Cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Solvang, CA/Camarillo, CA

Posts: 15,955
iTrader: (4)

Those wheels really pop. Looking forward to seeing it when its all done!
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL US FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Need a quote or assistance from David? GO HERE-->http://www.bimmerdavid.com/#!blank/c1r1e
Davids current ED Special M235/228--> http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1013211
GOLFFRR is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2013, 06:47 AM   #18
W///
Brigadier General
 
W///'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3/1999 E36 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

Posts: 4,799
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfirer1guy View Post
LOL... These def aren't copper plated, just hand brushed, then powder coated.
Interesting. Got a set of 220M's just sitting around here, they might look pretty dang good in the same finish.

Did you DIY the headlights or send them out?
__________________
2008 E92 M3: Sparkling Graphite | Bamboo Beige | 6MT | CF Roof | HRE | Eisenmann | BPM Sport | Swift | Arkym | Mode Carbon | M.Perf
W/// is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2013, 08:29 AM   #19
the_road_less_traveled
Id rather be boating...
 
the_road_less_traveled's Avatar
 
Drives: Baja 26 Outlaw
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the lake

Posts: 1,101
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Interesting. Got a set of 220M's just sitting around here, they might look pretty dang good in the same finish.

Did you DIY the headlights or send them out?
Actually I had a set of 359's I took to the powder coaters to do this to,but that night I ordered the HRE's. It can be done, but you have to use a silver chrome powder first, hand brush it, then top coat with transparent powder. Its a bit of work, but the end result is worth it.

As for the headlights, I did the work myself. I created a thread, but it wasn't the best in the world.
the_road_less_traveled is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2013, 08:32 AM   #20
w00tw00t
Lieutenant Colonel
 
w00tw00t's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Z06
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Seattle

Posts: 1,624
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddcc1 View Post
If I had a girlfriend that crapped gold, I'd trade her for those wheels.
very tastefully stated!
w00tw00t is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2013, 09:22 AM   #21
kawasaki00
Major
 
kawasaki00's Avatar
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Charlotte NC

Posts: 1,130
iTrader: (4)

If someone said to be, I am getting bronze wheels I would say that is a horrible idea. After seeing a couple sets of the HRE in that color, they are super nice. They really go with quite a few colors too.
Bad ass.
__________________
Electronics Junkie, Engine Builder.
kawasaki00 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2013, 11:48 AM   #22
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
 
lsmkr01's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SC

Posts: 1,639
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Interesting. Got a set of 220M's just sitting around here, they might look pretty dang good in the same finish.

Did you DIY the headlights or send them out?
Do it!! Getting mine powder coated in two weeks. Forged wheels to slap on when you want to go for a very spirited drive and not worry about tinking up your ZCPs. Speaking of which you need to come visit COLA... I have a sick 70 mile "track"
lsmkr01 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST