BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-23-2013, 09:19 AM   #1
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
ssabripo's Avatar
United_States
52
Rep
2,102
Posts

 
Drives: camels & donkeys
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Plantation, Fl

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via AIM to ssabripo
Any news on Android support for BMW Apps?

it's been a year now since the rumors that early 2013 there would be an android version of BMW apps.

anyone have any clue?
__________________

__________________________________________________ ____________
e90 M3, Interlagos Blue / M individual two-tone, ZCP, ZP2, ZCV, DCT, ED.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 09:15 PM   #2
TOSKABG
vekize
TOSKABG's Avatar
0
Rep
74
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW E92/ZCP/DCT/
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Belvidere,IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo View Post
it's been a year now since the rumors that early 2013 there would be an android version of BMW apps.

anyone have any clue?
looking for same info...
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #3
OneRib
Second Lieutenant
United_States
11
Rep
289
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 LMB M3 (Retired)
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

You can download an android app but you can't do it straight from the google play store. You have to find it with a google search. Its very limited compared to the iphone app. You can remotely lock and unlock, locate the car, and enter local searches. Its better than nothing and better than waiting around for the official us version. I think apple and bmw have an excllusive us deal. No reason it takes this long to allow this app in the us.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 07:08 AM   #4
Technic
Lieutenant General
Technic's Avatar
United_States
174
Rep
11,205
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
You can download an android app but you can't do it straight from the google play store. You have to find it with a google search. Its very limited compared to the iphone app. You can remotely lock and unlock, locate the car, and enter local searches. Its better than nothing and better than waiting around for the official us version. I think apple and bmw have an excllusive us deal. No reason it takes this long to allow this app in the us.
This is about BMW Apps, not BMW Remote.
__________________
-2015 F30 320i, Imperial/Oyster, 8AT: August 2014 ED
-2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black/Rust Brown, M-DCT: Gone
-2008 E90 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo, 6MT: Gone
-2007 MK5 GTI United Grey/Grey, DSG: Gone
-2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon, 6MT: Gone
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 09:18 AM   #5
OneRib
Second Lieutenant
United_States
11
Rep
289
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 LMB M3 (Retired)
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Oops
Should have read more carefully.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #6
nyranger74
Private First Class
United_States
2
Rep
178
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M5 Alpine White
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Long Island NY

iTrader: (0)

BMW Apps go Android/Expanding to include Android.

From July 2013, smartphones powered by Android platform will also be able to benefit from application-based integration. With a market share of more than 50 per cent, Android has become the most prevalent smartphone operating system. The BMW Group is therefore vigorously driving forward development in this area. By extending application-based smartphone integration to Android users as well, BMW now covers the bulk of the smartphone market and is opening up BMW apps to an even wider community.

The first concrete results are currently taking shape. The BMW Group specifically chose Samsung as its pilot partner for Android integration. The company is the world market leader across all mobile phone segments, including Android powered smartphones, making it an obvious choice for the BMW Group to join forces with Samsung for the launch of the app-based integration of Android. Android integration will be gradually rolled out to include further manufacturers. The BMW Group is once more highlighting its leadership claim for in-car smartphone integration.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #7
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
ssabripo's Avatar
United_States
52
Rep
2,102
Posts

 
Drives: camels & donkeys
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Plantation, Fl

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via AIM to ssabripo
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger74 View Post
BMW Apps go Android/Expanding to include Android.

From July 2013, smartphones powered by Android platform will also be able to benefit from application-based integration. With a market share of more than 50 per cent, Android has become the most prevalent smartphone operating system. The BMW Group is therefore vigorously driving forward development in this area. By extending application-based smartphone integration to Android users as well, BMW now covers the bulk of the smartphone market and is opening up BMW apps to an even wider community.

The first concrete results are currently taking shape. The BMW Group specifically chose Samsung as its pilot partner for Android integration. The company is the world market leader across all mobile phone segments, including Android powered smartphones, making it an obvious choice for the BMW Group to join forces with Samsung for the launch of the app-based integration of Android. Android integration will be gradually rolled out to include further manufacturers. The BMW Group is once more highlighting its leadership claim for in-car smartphone integration.
__________________

__________________________________________________ ____________
e90 M3, Interlagos Blue / M individual two-tone, ZCP, ZP2, ZCV, DCT, ED.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 08:06 PM   #8
My E90
Captain
United_States
9
Rep
759
Posts

 
Drives: '13 E92 M3 6MT SSII
Join Date: May 2007
Location: South Floorida

iTrader: (2)

If this is true...
__________________
'13 M3 E92 SSII | 6MT | ZCP | ZPP | EPS | NAV | MPE | ED & PCD
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #9
OneRib
Second Lieutenant
United_States
11
Rep
289
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 LMB M3 (Retired)
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Thank goodness.
Loved watching the bmw m power app, now I can actually imagine being able to use it. I really hope this will come out in July and across the entire Samsung line plus other top android smartphones. The last thing I want to see is Galaxy S4 and newer only.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 11:22 AM   #10
djozzman
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 BMW 135i M-Sport
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New York, NY

iTrader: (0)

I hear that this is only going to be for 2014+ models. Disappointing.

http://hothardware.com/News/BMWs-Con...-Apps-In-2014/

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/06/b...onnecteddrive/ (this one has the PR text attached)
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST