BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
ESS Tuning
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
fireline43
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 Mercedes C250
Join Date: May 2012
Location: South Florida

Posts: 497
iTrader: (0)

New Benz

So mercedes won me over after seeing the new ones at the international car show a couple weeks ago. The look of their cars and the interior is just amazing to me. So I went down to the local dealership to test drive the c350 and c250 and came back with the c250. I got the new sport package, nav, panoramic roof and upgraded audio.




I've owned alot of cars and my 335i was probably the most uncomfortable car I drove. It was defintily the fastest and best road car, but daily driving was lacking for me. The c class with the sport package seems to be a great balance. I tried to like the f30, but it seems big and lumbering.
fireline43 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2013, 07:25 PM   #2
Arben72
Banned
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Illinois

Posts: 466
iTrader: (0)

Congrats. They're much more a driving machine then the f30. My sister used to have a c300, really good nice small cars. Also pretty safe.
Arben72 is offline   Albania
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2013, 07:32 PM   #3
SaMaster14
Major
 
SaMaster14's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 BMW E92 335iS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA / Baltimore, MD

Posts: 1,397
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW 335iS  [3.95]
Send a message via AIM to SaMaster14 Send a message via Skype™ to SaMaster14
Love the looks! Sadly, I can't stand the lack of power in the non-AMG/non-550 models.

I am actually highly considering the CLA45 AMG though. I'll definitely need to drive it though!

Both my parents have Mercedes (dad-2013 SL550, mom-2012 E550) and those models have MORE than enough power... and are extremely luxurious (much more so than my 3 series), but the do lack in the handling/driving feel segment. I'm hoping an AMG will drive a bit differently!
__________________
~2012 BMW 335iS coupe MINERAL WHITE/CORAL RED

http://instagram.com/samaster14/
SaMaster14 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2013, 08:06 PM   #4
AKopp
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PA

Posts: 255
iTrader: (0)

Congrats, great car looking car! Love these Benzes.
__________________
2009 135i - SG/Coral - 19" Alufelgen SF-71 - ST Coilovers - Cobb Stage 2+ - AR Downpipes - Berk Sport Exhaust - Active Autowerke Charge Pipe - AMS FMIC - AFE DCI - LUX V3 Angel Eyes - LCI Blacklines - Active Autowerke Strut Tower Brace - BMW Performance CF Spoiler - Kerscher Carbon Splitter - Scopian CF Diffuser - MusicarNW Level 2
AKopp is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2013, 06:39 AM   #5
fireline43
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 Mercedes C250
Join Date: May 2012
Location: South Florida

Posts: 497
iTrader: (0)

Thanks everyone! obviously though, i miss the community with BMW more though, benz forums are def lacking. I will most likley still be around here just to see whats going on.
fireline43 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2013, 07:44 AM   #6
Top_Gear_Fan
Lieutenant
 
Top_Gear_Fan's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 404
iTrader: (0)

Congrats! What made you decide the 250 over the 350? Was the power difference negligible, the price difference not worth it, or you just felt like you didn't need the power and could use the extra mpg?
Top_Gear_Fan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #7
fireline43
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 Mercedes C250
Join Date: May 2012
Location: South Florida

Posts: 497
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Gear_Fan View Post
Congrats! What made you decide the 250 over the 350? Was the power difference negligible, the price difference not worth it, or you just felt like you didn't need the power and could use the extra mpg?
Well I drove a 2011 c350 vs the 2013 c250. I know the 2013 c350 has more power but they only had one on the lot and it was a base c350 for the same price pretty much as the c250 pretty loaded.

The 2011 c350 I drove was bland. Interior wasn't very attractive. The engine was very smooth I would say that, but felt heavy. Like you could feel the power when you hit it, but wasn't super responsive. It's not like the difference between a 328 and a 335i where the engine feels worlds different. The new c250engine is very fun and peppy also to the point I didn't feel like i was driving the slowest car around. That's most what i was going in thinking, I'd hate the c250 after driving the 335i.

I was sold on all the extras on the c250 also and the sport package, it just made the car what I wanted. The gas mileage is def a perk that i didn't think about until I've been driving it for a week not really needing gas.
I wasn't even into mercedes before this version of the car honestly. My wife's family all has mercesdes for years and never had many problems also, so that says alot about the brand to me. Other family members that have bmws have had some significant problems. I won't bash BMW, they have the sportiest cars hands down. i just wasn't looking for that much sport.
fireline43 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2013, 05:54 PM   #8
Top_Gear_Fan
Lieutenant
 
Top_Gear_Fan's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 404
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireline43 View Post
Well I drove a 2011 c350 vs the 2013 c250. I know the 2013 c350 has more power but they only had one on the lot and it was a base c350 for the same price pretty much as the c250 pretty loaded.

The 2011 c350 I drove was bland. Interior wasn't very attractive. The engine was very smooth I would say that, but felt heavy. Like you could feel the power when you hit it, but wasn't super responsive. It's not like the difference between a 328 and a 335i where the engine feels worlds different. The new c250engine is very fun and peppy also to the point I didn't feel like i was driving the slowest car around. That's most what i was going in thinking, I'd hate the c250 after driving the 335i.

I was sold on all the extras on the c250 also and the sport package, it just made the car what I wanted. The gas mileage is def a perk that i didn't think about until I've been driving it for a week not really needing gas.
I wasn't even into mercedes before this version of the car honestly. My wife's family all has mercesdes for years and never had many problems also, so that says alot about the brand to me. Other family members that have bmws have had some significant problems. I won't bash BMW, they have the sportiest cars hands down. i just wasn't looking for that much sport.
Well I think personally, you made the right choice. I would have done the same, especially for a DD. The extra features, especially on a Benz make a car so much better and are much useful than extra power.

My family only gets Mercedes for DDs as well. I am the only one with a BMW.

The 201hp inline-4 turbo is surprising for a Benz, but I guess they have to make one now. Btw that interior with the red stitching looks sick! And are those AMG floor mats I see???
Top_Gear_Fan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #9
fireline43
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 Mercedes C250
Join Date: May 2012
Location: South Florida

Posts: 497
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Gear_Fan View Post
Well I think personally, you made the right choice. I would have done the same, especially for a DD. The extra features, especially on a Benz make a car so much better and are much useful than extra power.

My family only gets Mercedes for DDs as well. I am the only one with a BMW.

The 201hp inline-4 turbo is surprising for a Benz, but I guess they have to make one now. Btw that interior with the red stitching looks sick! And are those AMG floor mats I see???
Yep! I was surprised on the 4 cylinder, but it's the way of by the world. The seats are m-tex and dinamica on the middle parts.
fireline43 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #10
ybbiz34
Moderator
 
ybbiz34's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 4,067
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
Love the looks! Sadly, I can't stand the lack of power in the non-AMG/non-550 models.

I am actually highly considering the CLA45 AMG though. I'll definitely need to drive it though!

Both my parents have Mercedes (dad-2013 SL550, mom-2012 E550) and those models have MORE than enough power... and are extremely luxurious (much more so than my 3 series), but the do lack in the handling/driving feel segment. I'm hoping an AMG will drive a bit differently!
Yeah the engine offerings in the C Class leave a lot to be desired.

That said, there is just something about the way a Mercedes feels. They are solidly built, well-appointed, and feel very, very composed on the road (especially on the highway/interstate). I will always have one in my garage.

In fact, at the moment, I have a C300 Sport 4MATIC (Black on Black) parked next to my F30 M Sport 335i. It has a rear trunk lid spoiler, rear window spoiler, 18" AMG wheels, and partially blacked out grills. Extremely comfortable and pleasant as a daily driver.

With 268-hp and 250 lb-ft torque, it's no slouch. However, the power is no match for that of the M PPK-tuned 335i.

Here are some crappy pics. It's pouring rain right now (and it's dark).









Over the next two years, I foresee the C300 being replaced with the CLA45 AMG and the F30 M Sport 335i leaving to make room for the F80 M3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireline43 View Post
So mercedes won me over after seeing the new ones at the international car show a couple weeks ago. The look of their cars and the interior is just amazing to me. So I went down to the local dealership to test drive the c350 and c250 and came back with the c250. I got the new sport package, nav, panoramic roof and upgraded audio.



I've owned alot of cars and my 335i was probably the most uncomfortable car I drove. It was defintily the fastest and best road car, but daily driving was lacking for me. The c class with the sport package seems to be a great balance. I tried to like the f30, but it seems big and lumbering.
Congratulations man! That interior is awesome! Wish that was available when I got my C300 Sport!
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
ybbiz34 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2013, 04:53 AM   #11
fireline43
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 Mercedes C250
Join Date: May 2012
Location: South Florida

Posts: 497
iTrader: (0)

Nice car! I'm glad i wasn't the only one thinking benz was the better daily driver. I would like your setup though with the bmw also in the garage. wife likes her VW's though.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
Yeah the engine offerings in the C Class leave a lot to be desired.

That said, there is just something about the way a Mercedes feels. They are solidly built, well-appointed, and feel very, very composed on the road (especially on the highway/interstate). I will always have one in my garage.

In fact, at the moment, I have a C300 Sport 4MATIC (Black on Black) parked next to my F30 M Sport 335i. It has a rear trunk lid spoiler, rear window spoiler, 18" AMG wheels, and partially blacked out grills. Extremely comfortable and pleasant as a daily driver.

With 268-hp and 250 lb-ft torque, it's no slouch. However, the power is no match for that of the M PPK-tuned 335i.

Here are some crappy pics. It's pouring rain right now (and it's dark).









Over the next two years, I foresee the C300 being replaced with the CLA45 AMG and the F30 M Sport 335i leaving to make room for the F80 M3.



Congratulations man! That interior is awesome! Wish that was available when I got my C300 Sport!
fireline43 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2013, 05:39 AM   #12
FVM3
Major General
 
FVM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E93 M3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 5,700
iTrader: (2)

congrats
__________________
2011 E93 DCT
FVM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2013, 11:05 AM   #13
ybbiz34
Moderator
 
ybbiz34's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 4,067
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireline43 View Post
Nice car! I'm glad i wasn't the only one thinking benz was the better daily driver. I would like your setup though with the bmw also in the garage. wife likes her VW's though.
Thanks!

Yeah it's a great cruiser. The seat bolstering is more comfort-oriented and the perforation is a nice touch, too.

Do you have any more shots of the interior? It really looks great. The red seat belts are attractive (and unique). Are the rear seat belts red as well?
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
ybbiz34 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #14
flyinb501
Lieutenant
 
Drives: G35 Coupe, Dodge Ram
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Posts: 548
iTrader: (0)

Congrats on the new car. Is there any tunes available for these new motors?
flyinb501 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2013, 04:46 PM   #15
fireline43
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 Mercedes C250
Join Date: May 2012
Location: South Florida

Posts: 497
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
Thanks!

Yeah it's a great cruiser. The seat bolstering is more comfort-oriented and the perforation is a nice touch, too.

Do you have any more shots of the interior? It really looks great. The red seat belts are attractive (and unique). Are the rear seat belts red as well?
Here's a link to a blog with some good shots of the interior. http://www.benzblogger.com/2012/07/2...kage-plus.html

I don't have the sports plus pacakage like the coupe does in that blog, but the interior package is the same.
fireline43 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2013, 04:48 PM   #16
fireline43
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 Mercedes C250
Join Date: May 2012
Location: South Florida

Posts: 497
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinb501 View Post
Congrats on the new car. Is there any tunes available for these new motors?
Yep, so far I've seen BMS and TMC have their boxes. The BMS box is only $270 and super easy to install it seems also. Doesn't seem to be any ecu flashes available yet though.
fireline43 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #17
Year's_End
Local Jabroni
 
Year's_End's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL

Posts: 12,032
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
At the moment, I have a C300 Sport 4MATIC (Black on Black) parked next to my F30 M Sport 335i. It has a rear trunk lid spoiler, rear window spoiler, 18" AMG wheels, and partially blacked out grills. Extremely comfortable and pleasant as a daily driver.

With 268-hp and 250 lb-ft torque, it's no slouch. However, the power is no match for that of the M PPK-tuned 335i.

Here are some crappy pics. It's pouring rain right now (and it's dark).


Over the next two years, I foresee the C300 being replaced with the CLA45 AMG and the F30 M Sport 335i leaving to make room for the F80 M3.
That will make a nice future stable. So, when did you get rid of the C63? And how much of an improvement do you personally feel was made between the pre/post-facelift C-Class?
__________________
E92 335i: Space Grey|Coral Red|Aluminum Trim

Hold out for the BRZ STI or... Rocket Bunny FRS. Update: Scratch that. I've got a 2015 5.0/6MT with my name on it.
Year's_End is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2013, 06:58 PM   #18
ybbiz34
Moderator
 
ybbiz34's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 4,067
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year's_End View Post
That will make a nice future stable. So, when did you get rid of the C63? And how much of an improvement do you personally feel was made between the pre/post-facelift C-Class?
Detailed PM sent.
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
ybbiz34 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2013, 06:58 PM   #19
ybbiz34
Moderator
 
ybbiz34's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 4,067
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireline43 View Post
Here's a link to a blog with some good shots of the interior. http://www.benzblogger.com/2012/07/2...kage-plus.html

I don't have the sports plus pacakage like the coupe does in that blog, but the interior package is the same.
Thanks man. And congrats again on your gorgeous new Mercedes. Hope it treats you and your family well!
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
ybbiz34 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2013, 09:44 PM   #20
F1Venom
Lieutenant
 
Drives: ZCP E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA

Posts: 550
iTrader: (0)

I drove a C300 for a weekend and that was a really fun car. Handles really well too and feels small and tight.
F1Venom is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2013, 07:46 AM   #21
Garduna
Brigadier General
 
Garduna's Avatar
 
Drives: 128i Sedona Red
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,006
iTrader: (3)

Congrats on the new ride. Yeah I'd also get a topped out car then a bland stock. :P
Garduna is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #22
fireline43
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 Mercedes C250
Join Date: May 2012
Location: South Florida

Posts: 497
iTrader: (0)

thank you thank you
fireline43 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST